• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Ok I heard that Putin is up to something with oil. I could be wrong, but does it have to last days.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

I think pretty much everything going on in the Middle East does in one way or another.  Can't put my finger on anything specific about Putin and oil though.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I don't get the Putin/oil thing either.  Russia has vast oil reserves.  Unless it has to do with the global PRICE of oil which, since it has bottomed out, is affecting Russia's (and Irans's) economy, big time.  I do agree  that this is all leading into the end time prophecies though.  The 'how' will be revealed in God's own time. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Ok I heard that Putin is up to something with oil. I could be wrong, but does it have to last days.

That would make sense.Time will tell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

I don't get the Putin/oil thing either.  Russia has vast oil reserves.  Unless it has to do with the global PRICE of oil which, since it has bottomed out, is affecting Russia's (and Irans's) economy, big time.  I do agree  that this is all leading into the end time prophecies though.  The 'how' will be revealed in God's own time. 

I think that's a big part of it, MG.

If you control a good portion of production then you can call the shots on price and keep your profits high. Something else that is probably on Putin's mind is that much of their oil reserves are tapped using Soviet Era technology and is failing from age and neglect. They also have problems with transport infrastructure, i.e. pipelines, railways, etc. and have had some trouble getting the oil to the refineries or to market. If Putin can establish a presence in the Middle East he can have access to the oil production/refining infrastructure there without having to build it. It would be a win/win for the Russians - oil and money to fix their infrastructure at home.

I also wonder about Turkey. They've been making a lot Islamic noises over the last few years especially with their new president and other officials. I wonder if they might not just roll over, turn on NATO, and align with the Russians or other yet to be named power in the region. Time will tell . . . 

I think that's a big part of it, MG.

If you control a good portion of production then you can call the shots on price and keep your profits high. Something else that is probably on Putin's mind is that much of their oil reserves are tapped using Soviet Era technology and is failing from age and neglect. They also have problems with transport infrastructure, i.e. pipelines, railways, etc. and have had some trouble getting the oil to the refineries or to market. If Putin can establish a presence in the Middle East he can have access to the oil production/refining infrastructure there without having to build it. It would be a win/win for the Russians - oil and money to fix their infrastructure at home.

I also wonder about Turkey. They've been making a lot Islamic noises over the last few years especially with their new president and other officials. I wonder if they might not just roll over, turn on NATO, and align with the Russians or other yet to be named power in the region. Time will tell . . . 

I think you have a pretty good premise in the above, Walla.  Russia IS on the move and entertaining dreams of an empire again.  It is not to be but I don't think Putin can be convinced of that.  He doesn't take into account the declining demand for oil; it's like the Russians ALWAYS make the wrong moves and are ALWAYS behind the west in technology and culture.  Russia has major economic troubles and a prolonged war in the Middle East will cause further suffering for the Russian people.  It's like deja vue all over again; i.e. Afghanistan. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Do you all realize that Russia went into Afghanistan in the first place to stop the flow of Heroine coming into their country from there.    Our CIA made it possible for Afghanistan to defeat the Russians and the drug traffic continued until the Taliban stopped the production of Poppies....      drugs is against Sharia law for the Afghanistan people.     When the Taliban did this it was then necessary for us to go and get rid of the Taliban.

The main thing that happened after we got there was a huge increase in growing Poppies.

Do you all realize that Russia went into Afghanistan in the first place to stop the flow of Heroine coming into their country from there.    Our CIA made it possible for Afghanistan to defeat the Russians and the drug traffic continued until the Taliban stopped the production of Poppies....      drugs is against Sharia law for the Afghanistan people.     When the Taliban did this it was then necessary for us to go and get rid of the Taliban.

The main thing that happened after we got there was a huge increase in growing Poppies.

Are you saying that GWB only went into Afghanistan to make sure the poppy crops were not threatened?  And, since theTaliban was in control of that country for years before 9/11 how does that compute?

PNAC were planning on invading Afghanistan and Iraq long before 9/11...   but yes,  9/11 happened and George Bush used it to go into Afghanistan......     much of PNAC were the top people in Bush's administration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CIA creates Al Queada.

Al Queada runs Russia out of Afghanistan.

Taliban move into the power vacuum and stops poppy production.

Al Queada attacks twin towers.

George Bush Attacks Afghanistan.

There are powers in this world that control everything from behind the scenes and sometimes the people we put into what most people consider power offices are truly just following along with what those powers behind the scenes are setting up and doing.

Basically the same thing happened in Viet Nam....        CIA works behind the scenes to drive the French out of Viet Nam and in the vacuum Communists take over (which don't like the production of drugs)   Remember that both Russia and China have had drugs shoved down thier throats over heroin being sold in thier countries for generations......    many of the uber rich got their fortunes selling Opium to the Chinese......     they even had wars with them when the Chinese tried to stop it.

When the president asked Ross Perot to use his companies influence to see if there were any of our military still prisoners in Viet Nam, Ross reported back that you would never find out for any corner you looked around you would  find a CIA operative involved in drugs.

Our CIA works for those people in power behind the scenes.

Edited by other one

BTW,  I can't find any reason to believe that the CIA doesn't still control Al Queada today.   We certainly armed them to overthrow Assad....    Looks like Russia has finally had it's fill of the CIA.