• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Very good. I'm staying clear of Halloween from now on (not that I had much to do with it before).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I don't know how to make it into videos like the others on the boards.

Edited by tigger398

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

412teens.gifkidz-logo.gifmp3speaker.gifChristians celebrate Halloween

Question: "Should Christians celebrate Halloween?"

Answer: 
Whether or not Christians should celebrate Halloween can be a very controversial topic. Some Christians celebrate Halloween simply by dressing up in a costume and having fun, seeing it as innocent and harmless. Other Christians are equally convinced that Halloween is a satanic holiday established to worship evil spirits and promote darkness and wickedness. So, who is right? Is it possible for Christians to celebrate Halloween without compromising their faith?

Halloween, no matter how commercialized, has almost completely pagan origins. As innocent as it may seem to some, it is not something to be taken lightly. Christians tend to have various ways to celebrate or not to celebrate Halloween. For some, it means having an “alternative” Harvest Party. For others, it is staying away from the ghosts, witches, goblins, etc., and wearing innocuous costumes, e.g., little princesses, clowns, cowboys, super-heroes, etc. Some choose not to do anything, electing to lock themselves in the house with the lights off. With our freedom as Christians, we are at liberty to decide how to act.

Scripture does not speak at all about Halloween, but it does give us some principles on which we can make a decision. In Old Testament Israel, witchcraft was a crime punishable by death (Exodus 22:18Leviticus 19:3120:6,27). The New Testament teaching about the occult is clear. Acts 8:9-24, the story of Simon, shows that occultism and Christianity don't mix. The account of Elymas the sorcerer in Acts 13:6-11 reveals that sorcery is violently opposed to Christianity. Paul called Elymas a child of the devil, an enemy of righteousness and a perverter of the ways of God. In Acts 16, at Philippi, a fortune-telling girl lost her demon powers when the evil spirit was cast out by Paul. The interesting matter here is that Paul refused to allow even good statements to come from a demon-influenced person. Acts 19 shows new converts who have abruptly broken with their former occultism by confessing, showing their evil deeds, bringing their magic paraphernalia, and burning it before everyone (Acts 19:19).

So, should a Christian celebrate Halloween? Is there anything evil about a Christian dressing up as a princess or cowboy and going around the block asking for candy? No, there is not. Are there things about Halloween that are anti-Christian and should be avoided? Absolutely! If parents are going to allow their children to participate in Halloween, they should make sure to keep them from getting involved in the darker aspects of the day. If Christians are going to take part in Halloween, their attitude, dress, and most importantly, their behavior should still reflect a redeemed life (Philippians 1:27). There are many churches that hold "harvest festivals" and incorporate costumes, but in a godly environment. There are many Christians who hand out tracts that share the Gospel along with the Halloween candy. The decision is ultimately ours to make. But as with all things, we are to incorporate the principles of Romans 14. We can’t allow our own convictions about a holiday to cause division in the body of Christ, nor can we use our freedom to cause others to stumble in their faith. We are to do all things as to the Lord.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christians-celebrate-Halloween.html

Edited by bopeep1909

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We do pass out candy, but don't get into all the hype....    my wife was a teacher and taught a lot of the parents of the kids that come by and it's awkward not to have the light on and not greet them at the door....   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Very good. I'm staying clear of Halloween from now on (not that I had much to do with it before).

Hi Tigger :)

I can't watch it because I don't get the sound to work on my computer,should Christians celebrate a Satanic holiday? Do you think Satanist celebrate Easter ..I don't think so , the 2  of them are completely opposite from each other. If I'm not mistaken Texas is going to open a Satanic church on October 31 .

I will watch your video when I have my sound working,actually I'm waiting for this computer to crash soon :(

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

412teens.gifkidz-logo.gifmp3speaker.gifChristians celebrate Halloween

Question: "Should Christians celebrate Halloween?"

Answer: 
Whether or not Christians should celebrate Halloween can be a very controversial topic. Some Christians celebrate Halloween simply by dressing up in a costume and having fun, seeing it as innocent and harmless. Other Christians are equally convinced that Halloween is a satanic holiday established to worship evil spirits and promote darkness and wickedness. So, who is right? Is it possible for Christians to celebrate Halloween without compromising their faith?

Halloween, no matter how commercialized, has almost completely pagan origins. As innocent as it may seem to some, it is not something to be taken lightly. Christians tend to have various ways to celebrate or not to celebrate Halloween. For some, it means having an “alternative” Harvest Party. For others, it is staying away from the ghosts, witches, goblins, etc., and wearing innocuous costumes, e.g., little princesses, clowns, cowboys, super-heroes, etc. Some choose not to do anything, electing to lock themselves in the house with the lights off. With our freedom as Christians, we are at liberty to decide how to act.

Scripture does not speak at all about Halloween, but it does give us some principles on which we can make a decision. In Old Testament Israel, witchcraft was a crime punishable by death (Exodus 22:18Leviticus 19:3120:6,27). The New Testament teaching about the occult is clear. Acts 8:9-24, the story of Simon, shows that occultism and Christianity don't mix. The account of Elymas the sorcerer in Acts 13:6-11 reveals that sorcery is violently opposed to Christianity. Paul called Elymas a child of the devil, an enemy of righteousness and a perverter of the ways of God. In Acts 16, at Philippi, a fortune-telling girl lost her demon powers when the evil spirit was cast out by Paul. The interesting matter here is that Paul refused to allow even good statements to come from a demon-influenced person. Acts 19 shows new converts who have abruptly broken with their former occultism by confessing, showing their evil deeds, bringing their magic paraphernalia, and burning it before everyone (Acts 19:19).

So, should a Christian celebrate Halloween? Is there anything evil about a Christian dressing up as a princess or cowboy and going around the block asking for candy? No, there is not. Are there things about Halloween that are anti-Christian and should be avoided? Absolutely! If parents are going to allow their children to participate in Halloween, they should make sure to keep them from getting involved in the darker aspects of the day. If Christians are going to take part in Halloween, their attitude, dress, and most importantly, their behavior should still reflect a redeemed life (Philippians 1:27). There are many churches that hold "harvest festivals" and incorporate costumes, but in a godly environment. There are many Christians who hand out tracts that share the Gospel along with the Halloween candy. The decision is ultimately ours to make. But as with all things, we are to incorporate the principles of Romans 14. We can’t allow our own convictions about a holiday to cause division in the body of Christ, nor can we use our freedom to cause others to stumble in their faith. We are to do all things as to the Lord.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christians-celebrate-Halloween.html

As bopeep shared above, it all depends on how you celebrate it.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Saying we should avoid anything with pagan origins is really fruitless because there are pagan roots in probably everything.  Just because pagans came up with an idea first does not mean it can't be put to other uses and given other meaning. 

The wedding ring has pagan origins too.   Even the cross has pagan origins, so does the fish, etc.    

If we are going to avoid all things with pagan origins, we will have to avoid, well . . .everything.

The name Halloween comes from All Hallows Eve and All Hallows Day which is when christians remembered and honored those saints who had come before and died.  

All HallowsEve falls on 31st October each year, and is the day before All Hallows' Day, also known as All Saints' Day in the Christian calendar. The Church traditionally held a vigil on All HallowsEve when worshippers would prepare themselves with prayers and fasting prior to the feast day itself.Oct 31, 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/holydays/halloween_1.shtml

Edited by thereselittleflower

Actually easter is pagan.  the colorful eggs has to do with a very old pagan tradition that goes back to ancient babylon.  they would want good crops so they would color eggs in vibrant colors like you see in spring and hide them in places like rabbit holes.  supposedly this would please the gods, little g, and they would get good harvests.  check out the calendar, passover and easter are sometimes as much as 2 weeks apart some years.  easter is based of the spring equinox passover is not.   in the KJV they used the word easter once.  I think its in acts.  since then scholars have come together and agreed its a poor translation and since then newer versions use passover.

During Christmas, another pagan god, little g, is called yule.  you have heard the Christmas carols about the yule time log?  this false god dressed in a lot of red and white, much like santa clause.  Lots of christmas tradition is based on pagan tradition.

Truth is there are pagan roots and traditions in nearly every "Christian holiday"  alot of it has to do with history when the church was spreading out.  and over the centuries people no longer recognize these traditions as pagan because they grew up with it.

Halloween is the main Holiday for witches to mark the changing of the seasons and honor the dead, ussually family.  it depends on the culture of the people celebrating.  they celebrated in different ways.

Bring up that Easter subject closer to Easter and I will respond it then.Now we are talkin Halloween.

Actually easter is pagan.  the colorful eggs has to do with a very old pagan tradition that goes back to ancient babylon.  they would want good crops so they would color eggs in vibrant colors like you see in spring and hide them in places like rabbit holes.  supposedly this would please the gods, little g, and they would get good harvests.  check out the calendar, passover and easter are sometimes as much as 2 weeks apart some years.  easter is based of the spring equinox passover is not.   in the KJV they used the word easter once.  I think its in acts.  since then scholars have come together and agreed its a poor translation and since then newer versions use passover.

During Christmas, another pagan god, little g, is called yule.  you have heard the Christmas carols about the yule time log?  this false god dressed in a lot of red and white, much like santa clause.  Lots of christmas tradition is based on pagan tradition.

Truth is there are pagan roots and traditions in nearly every "Christian holiday"  alot of it has to do with history when the church was spreading out.  and over the centuries people no longer recognize these traditions as pagan because they grew up with it.

Halloween is the main Holiday for witches to mark the changing of the seasons and honor the dead, ussually family.  it depends on the culture of the people celebrating.  they celebrated in different ways.

Bring up that Easter subject closer to Easter and I will respond it then.Now we are talkin Halloween.

I read about easter in another post.  one or two before mine.  I figured since it was mentioned I would just go ahead and give a brief summary on all the holidays containing non christian traditions.  I used to be down with the dark side and today am very against it.  I would like it very much if christians would stop practicing pagan traditions on holidays when we celebrate christian things, like the birth of Christ, or the Resurrection.  To me because of my past its all very much a sin because I know better, and I did repent.  When kids gather easter eggs in a basket, or dress up like whatever, or write santa clause a letter, there is absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ.  So i ask, whats really being celebrated?  But its tradition and we just cant break away from how its always been done, not even when God says....

Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

And closer to Christmas I will address your Christmas issues.There are always those who think Christmas is a pagan holiday.