Esther4:14

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Have you seen what americans do unrighteously ?  They honor the fallen dead for giving their lives for wicked men as long as the way they do it is in line with public perception. 

Yahweh has and always planned with Yeshua to honor the Name of Yeshua above every other Name, and Yeshua knew it before creating the universe and the world and everything in it.    SIN was no surprise.  Everything about it was always known.....

as it is also written "a man might possible die for a righteous man, but for a wicked man who would dare die ?", 

and "when we were still dead((completely wicked too)) , Yeshua died for us".  Perfect Obedience to the Father, Planned forever past to show His glory forever future.

It's not just Americans that honor the fallen, jeff.  Don't understand your point.

he sounds like a Westboro Baptist person

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Have you seen what americans do unrighteously ?  They honor the fallen dead for giving their lives for wicked men as long as the way they do it is in line with public perception. 

Yahweh has and always planned with Yeshua to honor the Name of Yeshua above every other Name, and Yeshua knew it before creating the universe and the world and everything in it.    SIN was no surprise.  Everything about it was always known.....

as it is also written "a man might possible die for a righteous man, but for a wicked man who would dare die ?", 

and "when we were still dead((completely wicked too)) , Yeshua died for us".  Perfect Obedience to the Father, Planned forever past to show His glory forever future.

It's not just Americans that honor the fallen, jeff.  Don't understand your point.

he sounds like a Westboro Baptist person

Actually, that thought crossed my mind as well.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

This is taken from the Hebraic Roots Bible, which was translated by a private ministry and is free online in different formats from http://www.coyhwh.com/en/bible.php  I was fortunate enough to find this about a year ago when I finally got fed up with the KJV only debates and Bibles printed by Zondervan.  I do believe that the KJV corrupted the work of Erasmus and intentionally made it poetic and intentionally evolved the English language to create a barrier to understanding, and Zondervan prints questionable material.  A Bible publisher should have standards that exclude material from being printed.  If you can print some material that is questionable, it is suspicious that the Bible would be printed with integrity.  

I enjoy this version, as I do enjoy using Tyndale's version.  Tyndale's version is very easy to read once you get past the differences in spelling.  

Anyways, Matthew 27:46 in the Hebraic Roots Bible reads: 

"And about the ninth hour, Yahshua cried out with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama shabakthani; that is My El, My El, why did You honor Me to be here?"   

This is a very familiar verse that usually reads 

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (KJV).  

which caused me to investigate the reason for changing forsaken to honor.  

The footnotes of the Hebraic Roots Bible reads "This verse has been greatly misquoted as the original Aramaic can mean to leave in a good way, such as if you  were an owner of a company and had to go away and left someone very trusted to care for your business while you were gone.  From Isaiah 63:1-9, we see that only Messiah qualified to redeem Israel and it is stating here the honor given to Him for His perfect life and sacrifice," (p. 1215).  

According to Strong's Concordance, the word in Greek can stress towards a positive or stress towards a negative.  

Therefore, the word might not technically be translated wrong, per se; however, English has many more words in our vocabulary and is not required for this word to hold a positive or negative meaning.  We have other words to describe positive experiences, while we commonly use this word to describe negative ones.  

However, this has not stopped us in the church from creating a positive narrative to go with this word that describes a negative experience in English.  I have heard many extra-Biblical descriptions like how this verse is describing a separation between Jesus and God for the time that He was hanging on the cross for our sins.  We have created this story to go along with it that describes and dramatizes the experience of the cross with something that is mentioned no where else in scripture.  No where does Jesus say that He does not want to die on the cross because it will separate Him from the Father.  

It is common that we attach His time in Gethsemane to accentuate the way we have reconciled using a word that more often has a negative experience in English from a word that carries both meaning in languages of antiquity.  We explain that this experience of separation would have been why Jesus asked that this cup might pass from Him-because it would be too much for Him to have to be separated from the Father during His time on the cross (Matthew 26:39).  

So, we know whether we know that the word held a double meaning in the original language or not, that using the word forsaken does not hold the same meaning that we commonly believe when we use this word at other times.  We instinctively know that this is not the same meaning, which is why we have created multiple narratives to explain this verse in a positive way.  In other words, we know that He does not leave Jesus because He is dying on the cross whether we use the word forsake or not.  

Now, when compare this verse with the last words of Jesus from the other Gospels how does it compare.  

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34).  

Mark is said to be the first gospel and Matthew is said to have been derived from this original text, so the verses repeat for the same reason.  The actual word translated is used to stress positively and negatively.

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost." (Luke 23:46)

Luke is also said to have derived from the gospel of Mark; however, he transcribes a experience that translates in a positive experience of finishing on the cross using different words.  

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19:30).  

John's gospel speaks of a positive experience of accomplishment as well.  

Therefore, all four gospels translate towards a positive experience.  So, if we change the word forsake to a word that more clearly translates a positive experience in the English language, we are given a completely different experience from the text.  Instead of reconciling the way it sounds like Jesus is saying He is forsaken because we instinctively know that is not what is happening.  When we use a word like honor, he is no longer separated from the Father on the cross the way He does not appear to be in the other gospel accounts.  He is being comforted.  It is as though the Father is with Him while He is on the cross, comforting Him, telling Him how He will be honored and how all the things He has promised to Him will be fulfilled because He has been obedient to the point of suffering death on the cross.  

It changes what we expect if we were to experience suffering as well if we were to clearly see how the Father never left His side, but was comforting Him and reminding of the reward that was set before Him for finishing the race set before Him (Hebrews 12:1).  

This is a narrative that is much more more consistent with the other Gospel accounts and the rest of scripture considering how frequently we read "he will never leave you nor forsake you" (Deuteronomy 31:6; Hebrews 13:5; Genesis 28:15; 1 Kings 8:57; etc).  In fact, it is probably because of this that we have never been comfortable believing that Jesus was ever saying He was forsaken.  

What do you think? 

:thumbsup:

What I Think

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But thou art holy, O thou that man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations. All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this. Psalms 22 (King James Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thanks brother Joe for printing all of psalm 22

That is Cods Word and His Truth. (nothing more nothing less)

Christ recited psalm 22 as well  having said: it is finished, meaning that is that He came to fulfill and accomplish bible prophecy to buy man back from the grips of satans hold by sins

The Blood of Christ Jesus was shed for the sins of the world, to buy man back from the grips of satans sin hold on us.

It was accomplished and finished on the cross, nothing more can be added or taken away from Gods plan of Salvation accomplished though His only begotten son Christ Jesus.

Nothing more can be added to make our salvation with God possible.

Christ Jesus reciting psalm 22 was the final proof He gave to the world of who He said He was.

And those bound by the grips of the word still received it not, lest Gods plan of Mercy Grace open their ears and their heart,

enabling them to receive His understanding.

Amen!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

This is taken from the Hebraic Roots Bible, which was translated by a private ministry and is free online in different formats from http://www.coyhwh.com/en/bible.php  I was fortunate enough to find this about a year ago when I finally got fed up with the KJV only debates and Bibles printed by Zondervan.  I do believe that the KJV corrupted the work of Erasmus and intentionally made it poetic and intentionally evolved the English language to create a barrier to understanding, and Zondervan prints questionable material.  A Bible publisher should have standards that exclude material from being printed.  If you can print some material that is questionable, it is suspicious that the Bible would be printed with integrity.  

I enjoy this version, as I do enjoy using Tyndale's version.  Tyndale's version is very easy to read once you get past the differences in spelling.  

Anyways, Matthew 27:46 in the Hebraic Roots Bible reads: 

"And about the ninth hour, Yahshua cried out with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama shabakthani; that is My El, My El, why did You honor Me to be here?"   

This is a very familiar verse that usually reads 

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (KJV).  

which caused me to investigate the reason for changing forsaken to honor.  

The footnotes of the Hebraic Roots Bible reads "This verse has been greatly misquoted as the original Aramaic can mean to leave in a good way, such as if you  were an owner of a company and had to go away and left someone very trusted to care for your business while you were gone.  From Isaiah 63:1-9, we see that only Messiah qualified to redeem Israel and it is stating here the honor given to Him for His perfect life and sacrifice," (p. 1215).  

According to Strong's Concordance, the word in Greek can stress towards a positive or stress towards a negative.

Therefore, the word might not technically be translated wrong, per se; however, English has many more words in our vocabulary and is not required for this word to hold a positive or negative meaning.  We have other words to describe positive experiences, while we commonly use this word to describe negative ones.

However, this has not stopped us in the church from creating a positive narrative to go with this word that describes a negative experience in English.  I have heard many extra-Biblical descriptions like how this verse is describing a separation between Jesus and God for the time that He was hanging on the cross for our sins.  We have created this story to go along with it that describes and dramatizes the experience of the cross with something that is mentioned no where else in scripture.  No where does Jesus say that He does not want to die on the cross because it will separate Him from the Father.

It is common that we attach His time in Gethsemane to accentuate the way we have reconciled using a word that more often has a negative experience in English from a word that carries both meaning in languages of antiquity.  We explain that this experience of separation would have been why Jesus asked that this cup might pass from Him-because it would be too much for Him to have to be separated from the Father during His time on the cross (Matthew 26:39).

So, we know whether we know that the word held a double meaning in the original language or not, that using the word forsaken does not hold the same meaning that we commonly believe when we use this word at other times.  We instinctively know that this is not the same meaning, which is why we have created multiple narratives to explain this verse in a positive way.  In other words, we know that He does not leave Jesus because He is dying on the cross whether we use the word forsake or not.

Now, when compare this verse with the last words of Jesus from the other Gospels how does it compare.

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34).  

Mark is said to be the first gospel and Matthew is said to have been derived from this original text, so the verses repeat for the same reason.  The actual word translated is used to stress positively and negatively.

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost." (Luke 23:46)

Luke is also said to have derived from the gospel of Mark; however, he transcribes a experience that translates in a positive experience of finishing on the cross using different words.  

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19:30).  

John's gospel speaks of a positive experience of accomplishment as well.  

Therefore, all four gospels translate towards a positive experience.  So, if we change the word forsake to a word that more clearly translates a positive experience in the English language, we are given a completely different experience from the text.  Instead of reconciling the way it sounds like Jesus is saying He is forsaken because we instinctively know that is not what is happening.  When we use a word like honor, he is no longer separated from the Father on the cross the way He does not appear to be in the other gospel accounts.  He is being comforted.  It is as though the Father is with Him while He is on the cross, comforting Him, telling Him how He will be honored and how all the things He has promised to Him will be fulfilled because He has been obedient to the point of suffering death on the cross.  

It changes what we expect if we were to experience suffering as well if we were to clearly see how the Father never left His side, but was comforting Him and reminding of the reward that was set before Him for finishing the race set before Him (Hebrews 12:1).  

This is a narrative that is much more more consistent with the other Gospel accounts and the rest of scripture considering how frequently we read "he will never leave you nor forsake you" (Deuteronomy 31:6; Hebrews 13:5; Genesis 28:15; 1 Kings 8:57; etc).  In fact, it is probably because of this that we have never been comfortable believing that Jesus was ever saying He was forsaken.  

What do you think? 

I haven't made my mind up about this version, looking at it only online.  You've given me a new perspective to consider that seems to me to further glorify the Father and Jesus.  But it's something I will have to pray about.  I am a bit bothered that there is so little oversight of this translation.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus said to his mother "mother your son" and he said to Jonh "your mother", 

Every one, from the disciples of Jesus believed that Jesus is the Christ and that he wiil never died, that the Christ must live forever.

High expectations were among his disciples that God will intervene and save Jesus and take him down from the Cross. That time he was on the Cross, God did not intervene  to save him before he was nail on the Cross, so the anticipation was building up, it's going to happen any time. God will save him and revealed him to Israel. 

Jesus new what every one was expecting , even his mother and his disciples, and that's how he informed his mother and his disciples that what they hoped for Its not going to happen , and that he was going died. He said; mother this is your son. Jonh this is your mother. 

When he died, people said, he died, he was for shaken by God, because he is not the Christ. 

When Jesus said just before he died; Father why have you forshaken me,  why would he say something like that, and loud so the people around him can here him, and he said; "Father" he call God his  "Fathet",  did he mean to say that God has Forshaken him and will not save him. Is that a way of saying that he is going to died, or that God decided not to save him.

Jesus new that the plan is that he died, then why would he say those words within the meaning that he is disappointed that God did not saved him, and he let him die.

There must be another reason why Jesus made that statment. 

Jesus all the time was saying that the heavenly Father is with him all the time, that he is not separated from the the Father, and that the Father was with him all the time.

During his suffering Jesus must have and that it must be where he needed it the most to have the encouragement of the Father, but the moment came for Jesus to died, and where he was going God can not go with him.

Thats the time the Father left him, the moment he was about to die.

Jesus experience that moment being without the Father, that he was on his own, and he new that the time to die had come. 

He said the Father left me, I am going to die, and where I am going I will be alone, without the Father, and the Holy Spirit, those three days when he is down there in the dageons he will be on his own, I will have to face everything on my own.

That's why when he was resuracted, he said; I have to go and present my self to the Father. My God and your God. What a statement!!!!