IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Yes I can post, when God told Abraham to sacrifice His son that he would, have to kill him, but in the end what happened, ?

what do you think that was , it was testing , and so we all shall be in one way or another,

surely you are not putting this in the same situation.....Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  When God told him it was ok to eat, when did he change his mind and tell him not to....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

4 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Yes I can post, when God told Abraham to sacrifice His son that he would, have to kill him, but in the end what happened, ?

what do you think that was , it was testing , and so we all shall be in one way or another,

Ā 

That was a testing of his faith Ā - Ā Abraham believed God would bring Isaac back to life. Ā  Taking another's life has been put into the hands of men.

Eating another human being though is a different story.

He was not told to kill and eat Isaac.

Ā 

Ā  Ā 

Just now, SINNERSAVED said:

tell me so its clear otherone, if you are asking me a question please tell me , I may have missed it trying to catch up with the posts it all coming really fast here on this so I apologize if I over looked ,your question to me

I'm as sick as a dog, and I spent a lot of time putting those posts together and I really can't see clearly now so I'm not going to do it again

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I am going to say maybe because no one has come on with a view that really puts other beliefs in to a holding pattern that needs to be examined, please check out what we are saying and don't be so fast to judge it and toss it out,Ā  thank you and blessings my brother always a pleasure to chat with you,Ā  thank you

SS,

In order to make your case you will need to give us a proper exegesis of 1 Tim 4:1-6. You will note that upon due study and consideration, this passage demolishes you position. Matthew Henry comments on this passage, and you can tell us if he is correct or not:

ā€œ Having mentioned their hypocritical fastings, the apostle takes occasion to lay down the doctrine of the Christian liberty, which we enjoy under the gospel, of using Godā€™s good creatures,ā€”that, whereas under the law there was a distinction of meats between clean and unclean (such sorts of flesh they might eat, and such they might not eat), all this is now taken away; and we are to call nothing common or unclean,Ā Acts.Ā 10:15Ā .

Here observe, 1. We are to look upon our food as that which God has created; we have it from him, and therefore must use it for him. 2. God, in making those things, had a special regard toĀ those who believe andĀ know the truth,Ā to good Christians, who have a covenant right to the creatures, whereas others have only a common right. 3. What God has created is to beĀ received with thanksgiving.Ā We must not refuse the gifts of Godā€™s bounty, nor be scrupulous in making differences where God has made none; but receive them, and be thankful, acknowledging the power of God the Maker of them, and the bounty of God the giver of them:Ā Every creature of God is good, and nothingĀ to be refused,Ā 

v.Ā 4.

This plainly sets us at liberty from all the distinctions of meats appointed by the ceremonial law, as particularly that of swineā€™s flesh, which the Jews were forbidden to eat, but which is allowed to us Christians, by this rule,Ā Every creature of God is good,Ā etc. Observe, Godā€™s good creatures are then good, and doubly sweet to us, when they are received with thanksgiving.ā€”For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer,Ā 

v.Ā 5.

Ā It is a desirable thing to have a sanctified use of our creature-comforts. Now they are sanctified to us, (1.) By the word of God; not only his permission, allowing us the liberty of the use of these things, but his promise to feed us with food convenient for us. This gives us a sanctified use of our creature-comforts. (2.) By prayer, which blesses our meat to us. The word of God and prayer must be brought to our common actions and affairs, and then we do all in faith. Here observe, [1.] Every creature is Godā€™s, for he made all.Ā 

Every beast in the forest is mineĀ (says God),Ā and the cattle upon aĀ thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are mine,Ā Ps.Ā 50:10,Ps.Ā 50:11Ā . [2.] Every creature of God is good: when the blessed God took a survey of all his works, God saw all that was made, and, behold, it was very good,Ā Gen.Ā 1:31Ā . [3.] The blessing of God makes every creature nourishing to us; man lives not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God (Mt.Ā 4:4Ā ), and therefore nothing ought to be refused. [4.] We ought therefore to ask his blessing by prayer, and so to sanctify the creatures we receive by prayer.ā€

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, other one said:

so are you getting to no meat....????

I am saying we should be more aware of where our food is coming from.

If people were more involved in the betterment of what produce of food is sold, from where it comes from, how it was cultivated to how it was prepared as a food,

we would have better food. That includes everything .

Ā 

1 minute ago, 1to3 said:

If people were more involved in the betterment of what produce of food is sold, from where it comes from, how it was cultivated to how it was prepared as a food,

Ā 

it would also cost about three times as much.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, other one said:
20 minutes ago, other one said:

Form original:

There must have been a very valid reason why the Jewish people were given wisdom to not eat certain things.

In those times, sanitary and preservation of foods were quite limited.

Today we can still fall ill because of unsanitary conditions concerning food.

Ā 

But there is another point from which foodĀ  becomes less flavorful to partake in,

and that is how the food was raised and how it was cultivated or killed for the use of food.

Ā 

If anyone bothered to go see some of the ways some farm animals are treated and killed for food,

that alone should be saying to your conscious something about eating these foods.

------------------------------------------------------------

1rst reply:

-------------------------------------------------------------

2nd reply

If more people did the right thing and investigated a little better where their food is coming from,

and applied more discrimination over the choices of food they chose to purchase,

the prices wouldĀ  eventually come down, until then, quality for ones health is better than quantity.

Ā 

After viewing how pigs are kept and slaughtered in Canada, I lost my appetite for porc.

If you ever owned an animal and see another animal so abused and mistreated by its owners and do nothing about it,Ā 

but then go ahead and eat that animal that has had a sorry and abused life, and feel o.k. about it them so be it.

I don't know, to me its disturbing my peace to know what they do.

Ā 

Ā 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

9 minutes ago, Ezra said:

SS,

In order to make your case you will need to give us a proper exegesis of 1 Tim 4:1-6. You will note that upon due study and consideration, this passage demolishes you position. Matthew Henry comments on this passage, and you can tell us if he is correct or not:

ā€œ Having mentioned their hypocritical fastings, the apostle takes occasion to lay down the doctrine of the Christian liberty, which we enjoy under the gospel, of using Godā€™s good creatures,ā€”that, whereas under the law there was a distinction of meats between clean and unclean (such sorts of flesh they might eat, and such they might not eat), all this is now taken away; and we are to call nothing common or unclean,Ā Acts.Ā 10:15Ā .

Ā 

Here observe, 1. We are to look upon our food as that which God has created; we have it from him, and therefore must use it for him. 2. God, in making those things, had a special regard toĀ those who believe andĀ know the truth,Ā to good Christians, who have a covenant right to the creatures, whereas others have only a common right. 3. What God has created is to beĀ received with thanksgiving.Ā We must not refuse the gifts of Godā€™s bounty, nor be scrupulous in making differences where God has made none; but receive them, and be thankful, acknowledging the power of God the Maker of them, and the bounty of God the giver of them:Ā Every creature of God is good, and nothingĀ to be refused,Ā 

v.Ā 4.

Ā 

This plainly sets us at liberty from all the distinctions of meats appointed by the ceremonial law, as particularly that of swineā€™s flesh, which the Jews were forbidden to eat, but which is allowed to us Christians, by this rule,Ā Every creature of God is good,Ā etc. Observe, Godā€™s good creatures are then good, and doubly sweet to us, when they are received with thanksgiving.ā€”For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer,Ā 

v.Ā 5.

Ā 

Ā It is a desirable thing to have a sanctified use of our creature-comforts. Now they are sanctified to us, (1.) By the word of God; not only his permission, allowing us the liberty of the use of these things, but his promise to feed us with food convenient for us. This gives us a sanctified use of our creature-comforts. (2.) By prayer, which blesses our meat to us. The word of God and prayer must be brought to our common actions and affairs, and then we do all in faith. Here observe, [1.] Every creature is Godā€™s, for he made all.Ā 

Ā 

Every beast in the forest is mineĀ (says God),Ā and the cattle upon aĀ thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are mine,Ā Ps.Ā 50:10,Ps.Ā 50:11Ā . [2.] Every creature of God is good: when the blessed God took a survey of all his works, God saw all that was made, and, behold, it was very good,Ā Gen.Ā 1:31Ā . [3.] The blessing of God makes every creature nourishing to us; man lives not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God (Mt.Ā 4:4Ā ), and therefore nothing ought to be refused. [4.] We ought therefore to ask his blessing by prayer, and so to sanctify the creatures we receive by prayer.ā€

Ā 

then should we just ignore the scripture of Isaiah 66 15-17 , and where in the spirit of this are we not understanding the spoken word of God, this is not about who is wrong or right , but who is doing as the lord commands, for the son is not going to over ride the father, do we not get this ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

19 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I am reading along and am not sure if you intended this example to show that God lied or instructed a righteous man to do wickedness, as asked in the post you responded to. Ā I really struggled with understanding this example until I learned that not only was it to show that God will provide, but it is a great example of a "type", or "shadow of things to come". Ā 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

I am reading along and am not sure if you intended this example to show that God lied or instructed a righteous man to do wickedness, as asked in the post you responded to. Ā I really struggled with understanding this example until I learned that not only was it to show that God will provide, but it is a great example of a "type", or "shadow of things to come". Ā 

I do apologize, I am not saying that God or Yahweh lied at all at anytime, that would be wrong, by no means did I show that, I was showing in response to post, that God has given men task to do that would seem evil or not just, but in the end it is just and righteous, so our God is a awesome God, I wanted to show that by telling Abraham he needed t sacrifice issac, that it was done to test the faith and the loyalty to Yahweh that's really all,