IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Well, I cannot follow all of the Mosaic law, so I have to put my faith and hope in mercy and grace. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Been clean it means That the Holy Spirit is working in you or anyone who considers to be clean, today every one is clean, not just believers, but everyone. 

We must distinguish the pre Cross era with post Cross era. Many things have change.

If you study the book of acts where Peter is sent to Kornelious. (any way I am not trying to convince you and interfered with your diet)

In Peter's encounter  with the Holy Spirit., (re:to Kornilious visit), the Holy Spirit is telling Peter about something new and the departure from the old, not that the old exist together and runs parallel with the new covenant,  the spirit is telling Peter everyone in the world is clean, (how is every one clean, he said God has done it, how  has God done it? When Jesus died on the Cross.).

The Spirit is telling Peter that the Jewis people are clean not by practicing the rituals of the Mosaic Law with the help of the priesthood. Even thought they continuing to do, not for that reason, but by the same reason the Gentiles are clean by the death of Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is working with all the people on earth, not with the believers only. 

Anyway the Spirit was troubling Peers consience to bring it withing the will of God. 

The Spirit was telling Peter this is a command obey it, ( if not you are going to grieve the spirit),

Jesus said to the disciples; If you love me you will obey my commandments then me and my father will come and make our abode in you;

As a brother in the faith of Jesus Christ, I may proceed with caution and ask you. Have you become consious how you are judging your self and not only your self but others with the stand you have taken in this matter?

All the time even with my self, when I have to face these kind of questions my initial responds is a defencive one (paralell to a denial). Eventually I may look into my self, and may I  ask, where do you see that I have judge my self or others?.  

By saing that I hope that I am not judging, but rather defending.

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

When Jesus was with the disciples, did they ever tell Him "no" ?  :unsure:  'selah'

You tell me brother. Did His chosen disciples ever go against His wishes ? ( I think we both know the answer to that ) . 

I figure you were not asking me, but that brother from Toronto ;)

Not sure who does or does not read my comments, but I keep on keeping on either way !

I will say, that I am personally amazed that pork is a great challenge that some face in this life. I can live with or without it. " Love one another, as I have loved you " seems a bit more daunting. 

Still, I don't want to discredit the OP's question. Just how I believe SINNERSAVED. I would expand upon the rest of the Mosaic Law that no person has kept in perfection, and those who put their faith in their own ability to do so are subject to God's wrath, but this was a specific question so I'll save that for another time. God bless you ! 

Edited by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

4 minutes ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

Well, I cannot follow all of the Mosaic law, so I have to put my faith and hope in mercy and grace. 

Well ATGNAT

I am wondering what good will do to you "to follow the Mosaic Law",

What the Mosaic Law can give you or what you may accoblish with you obedience in following the Mosaic Law.

Is there something to it that I don't know, and you can not have it from Jesus, as to need the Law of Moses to get it from.

Because many of us are not eligible, and for those who are (from a Jewis descent, they may need the Aaronic Priesthood, and if the come around with that, they may need the temple, and that must be in Jerusalem,  and if they come around with that, they will still need the vessels and the holy things in the Holy of Holies, and if the come around with that, the still need the hart of the matter, they need the Lord God to present themselfs to for judgement. 

All the rest they may despence with, but where can they find the Lird God?

Can anyone rewind the tape and goes back before the birth of Jesus Christ so as to give back to them the Lord God who left averything to come in the flesh, 

EMMANUEL

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Well ATGNAT

I am wondering what good will do to you "to follow the Mosaic Law",

What the Mosaic Law can give you or what you may accoblish with you obedience in following the Mosaic Law.

Is there something to it that I don't know, and you can not have it from Jesus, as to need the Law of Moses to get it from.

Because many of us are not eligible, and for those who are (from a Jewis descent, they may need the Aaronic Priesthood, and if the come around with that, they may need the temple, and that must be in Jerusalem,  and if they come around with that, they will still need the vessels and the holy things in the Holy of Holies, and if the come around with that, the still need the hart of the matter, they need the Lord God to present themselfs to for judgement. 

All the rest they may despence with, but where can they find the Lird God?

Can anyone rewind the tape and goes back before the birth of Jesus Christ so as to give back to them the Lord God who left averything to come in the flesh, 

EMMANUEL

It would do me no good, as I cannot keep ALL the Law, therefore I am subject to the consequence. Good News for me ! God provided me a way through my Lord and savior who is Christ Jesus! He was the final sacrifice for my sins and yours. They have been atoned for. We are forgiven ! Rejoice in His name !

10 minutes ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

It would do me no good, as I cannot keep ALL the Law, therefore I am subject to the consequence. Good News for me ! God provided me a way through my Lord and savior who is Christ Jesus! He was the final sacrifice for my sins and yours. They have been atoned for. We are forgiven ! Rejoice in His name !

This a good comment, I don't have anything to add. 

Only I have something to subtract.

There is a reason Jesus said  give the Good News to the Jews. 

And he knew something to say that, the high priest was a mediator, between the people and ..who was on the other side? After the Cross?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Been clean it means That the Holy Spirit is working in you or anyone who considers to be clean, today every one is clean, not just believers, but everyone. 

We must distinguish the pre Cross era with post Cross era. Many things have change.

If you study the book of acts where Peter is sent to Kornelious. (any way I am not trying to convince you and interfered with your diet)

In Peter's encounter  with the Holy Spirit., (re:to Kornilious visit), the Holy Spirit is telling Peter about something new and the departure from the old, not that the old exist together and runs parallel with the new covenant,  the spirit is telling Peter everyone in the world is clean, (how is every one clean, he said God has done it, how  has God done it? When Jesus died on the Cross.).

The Spirit is telling Peter that the Jewis people are clean not by practicing the rituals of the Mosaic Law with the help of the priesthood. Even thought they continuing to do, not for that reason, but by the same reason the Gentiles are clean by the death of Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is working with all the people on earth, not with the believers only. 

Anyway the Spirit was troubling Peers consience to bring it withing the will of God. 

The Spirit was telling Peter this is a command obey it, ( if not you are going to grieve the spirit),

Jesus said to the disciples; If you love me you will obey my commandments then me and my father will come and make our abode in you;

As a brother in the faith of Jesus Christ, I may proceed with caution and ask you. Have you become consious how you are judging your self and not only your self but others with the stand you have taken in this matter?

All the time even with my self, when I have to face these kind of questions my initial responds is a defencive one (paralell to a denial). Eventually I may look into my self, and may I  ask, where do you see that I have judge my self or others?.  

By saing that I hope that I am not judging, but rather defending.

I appreciate the comment , and I have thought about what you said, so first off, I did not want to make this about pointing fingers to any one, and yes, I have taken this on as a stumbling block of what I feel is the right thing and what scripture is saying, for I believe differently then what I am told, but this is my battle, and I am just asking for advise from others as your self , so that I can understand that if I am taking on a responsibility , on my own,  that it is the right thing, and not of my own works, I understand the grace of jesus,

so I will say , I might have been wrong by saying why isn't others thinking the same way as me, but this is not to bring in stumbling blocks to others , but to examine the correct interpretation of this topic, and I feel that with all respect, I don't think anyone has really focused on this, and to be 100% sure that its okay, for as scripture interprets scripture I see that , I tend to be most cautious, when accepting a answer  for I am trying to be  obedient, and follow  with a clear mind as possible, and so I am just asking for more research to convince myself ,of this topic,for I know its not our works, but by grace we are saved, but we as believers must also make decisions that will effect our living in the world also , to show ourselves approved as followers of God, for if I did sit back as a example and say , I am covered by the blood of jesus and every thing needs not change in my life, then would this be acceptable ?

jesus said you will know them by their fruits, and I just want to be a fruitful person, with good fruit,

I apologize if it seems I have judge others , or taken a firm stance on this, but I find it interesting , of the responses I am getting on this ?

you have ben a true brother in the lord , and I thank you for all that you have advised,

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/7/2015, 11:50:02, SINNERSAVED said:

Thank you for this input, but I truly believe ,and this is my belief in these scriptures for we are not to be judge of what we eat and drink under the law, but I don't believe this covers

,when God claims something to the people , even in the old testament too (not do) for Jesus is God, and he is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, I do not think we can reason away , a commandment of the pork and all that he said we should not ,eat,

I am not trying to bench mark my belief on the O.T, but I think most are reading or interpreting the actual meaning ,that all is good to eat and all with thanks giving is allowed, and that covers it, but food that is prohibited ,is prohibited,this is why we are told by God, so do you see ?,we have justified, so we don't give up the bacon, are we not rejecting gods word?

this is not what it is saying, except of the foods ,God says not to eat of, everything else is okay, or God would be a liar, ,or he would be going back to contradict himself in the N.T, and this is not possible, so I believe we are looking at it ,and justified it away by what paul is saying ,when it is not what paul meant, ,this cannot be covered in grace of the new covenant ,

that would make jesus a liar, and , I believe, this is a obstical, or stubling block that satan has put in our minds to think it is okay for we are under grace?0and not the law of old,  the law was not abolished , but it was magnified by christ,

such as, i.e, killing and murder is unlawful, but jesus says if you are angry and hate your brother ,you are just as guilty, and if God said not too ,then we that abide in him should be doers of the word and being obeying Him to the letter.

Satan has infiltrated our bibles,  our churches, and have men following mans traditions, and if there is no self control of Gods word ,when he states a point , we are not to pass by it, but take up our cross, and do as we are told, are we in deniel ?

wwdj if .you told him, can we eat pork? would he tell you don't worry what God said in the past , its all good now, I got you covered by the cross ,i would think not ,god forbid,!! that our thinking of today, for the sin is seared in our minds, and we refuse to let it go,unless we change ,we must deny the self, and really examine our selves in , if jesus was here what he would do, and say about this, I believe he would tell us the same as god told us in the O.T, you are not to be judge of meat and drink, but of the foods that are not allowed , are forbidden.and that is God word, if we want to understand it ,or not,if we refuse, then we sin.

This is like in the Garden of Eden, Gods says eat of all the trees in the garden , but of this one tree you are not to touch or eat of , or you will surely die !, why would we avoid , and refuse to follow the abomination of eating pork ?

Not trying to be legalism neither, but jeus shows us it is all about the individuals choices to the law set forth and our school master, and it is now in the covenant of grace , our willing to renew our minds and hearts toward God, and not of the world !

For the wages of sin is death, and whosoever do not abide in Christ ,is a enemy of Christ, we cannot have one foot in the world and the other in heaven,

So by following Christ jesus is it not a life style ,a individual obedience to the word of God alone ? or is it customs of rituals and religions beliefs of mans traditions and mans word, over misinterpretations of the bible.scriptures.?

You are so perverting the scriptures found in...

Colossians 2:8-23 

Christ is our sufficency the scripture teaches to beware lest any man spoil us through philosophy and vain deceit after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and NOT after Christ. 

vs. 9-15 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ.  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God who hath raised him from the dead. And you being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh hath he quickened together with him having forgiven you all trespasses.  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross;  And having spoiled principalities and powers he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

These scriptures teach us straight forward and outright that when Christ went to the cross he took with him all the ordinances or laws that we had personally broken and committed against God in the OT law.  Christ nailed those trespasses and sins on the cross with him as he took upon the sins of the whole world upon him.  We as saints were forgiven of our sins as they were nailed to the cross.  Christ did away with all those ordinances and laws we were once guilty of breaking and through the operation of God he gave us a new heart cleansed of the guilt of sin and made us complete.  Christ defeated Satan and his kingdom and took the laws that was against us out of the way which were only foreshadows of things to speaking of those things concerning food, drink, and keeping of the holy days as they have been done away with.   Which you are deceptively teaching the opposite.  We are no longer under those OT laws that once was against us but we have been forgiven and have been made complete.  

vs. 16-17 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come;  but the BODY IS OF CHRIST.

All of those OT laws regarding food and drink that was required during the feasts time and dietary laws and the ordinances concerning keeping the Sabbath, the new moon and the Sabbath days were only foreshadows of what was to come and be fulfilled by Christ work on the cross in us as his shed blood cleansed us from every one of those past sins we had committed we are forgiven and our Body is of Christ as the better things have come in the New as the Old is passed away and behold all things are made brand new If any man be in Christ he is made a new creature.

You are totally perverting this scripture within the thread taking it grossly out of context.  There also has been more than enough scriptures given by others in the thread that proves what you are propagating is not true but I'm one of those that want be spoiled through philosiphy and vain deceit.......and hope to save the readers and caution them to beware.

I do not think this thread fits into the Prophecy Forum.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This thread is rather disturbing to read through.....  Perverting the Gospel is a serious thing, and it is happening in this thread.

I would agree with Openly Curious.   Scripture is being perverted.