IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

One of the words that has effected my growth it was one very much misanderstood by my self for a long time, this word is none other but what would it means to be huble, even now I am not going to say that I have found out, but I will continiun to grow. 

I have discover thought that something that could reduce fear in me, and lower my Ego and my sense is that when I am doing something that I think is pleasing to Jesus, that Jesus has a very special blessing that is coming to me and no one else can have this blessing unless they do what I do. 

The fear that I will not have this blessing, unless I do what I do.

Peters exable is a very strong one but no without a guidance into it. 

Jesus was telling Peter that the time has come to step out of the boat. Peter did not know the blessing that will come out of it.

Let's say that he traded his self-righteousness and the roots of his culture and for what, been free of the fear that he will loose his fellowship with the spirit, and that will happen if he steps in a Gentilles house, (becoming unclean).

In the end God gave him a new conscience , and he stoped judging that the Holy Spirit, does not and will not have fellowship with the unclean (Kornilious family, and him self).and that the moment he will step in the Kornilius house the Holy Spirit will leave him.

And Peter suffer the Judgement of the other believers which they refuse  to fellowship with him, as a result of his visit to Kornilius house, and what was the reason for that, they believe when Peter enter into Kornilius house, that he left the fellowship of the Holy Spirit out the Door, because the Holy Spirit also won't enter into an "unclean" house or for that into Kornilius.

Suggesting that the Baptism on the Gentiles was not by the Holy Spirit, but that some other spirit had guided Peter there, and Enter with Peter the house of Kornilius and fall upon the Gentiles. 

Simply they said that Peter had follow not Jesus but some strange spirit. 

The point I want to make is that if someone eats pork does not become unclean, and does not loose the fellowship of God, like in the Old Testiment, before the Cross. 

I want to thank you for your sportmanship and your friendly disposition, it was a pleasure to interact with you. 

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I understood that the drinking of blood was associated with the pagan religions that Israel was to destroy, and also the Greek and Roman idolatry.  So we are not to take part in anything having to do with idolatry or pagan religions but we are to keep ourselves separate from these things.  In context, they we talking about food sacrificed to idols, drinking of blood, and fornication, all of which were part of the pagan idolatry.  

As far as eating meat or pork is concerned, that is a private matter and you are to follow your conscience.  You will find that high cholesterol is associate with shell fish and some of the dietary restriction are pretty healthy.  Both deer and boar are apt to cary trichinosis (worms) which can be very dangerous if not properly cooked.  Otherwise venison is very lean and can be pretty healthy.  Anymore, all the preservative junk in poultry and pork can be scary let alone the antibiotics they and beef are giving as a prophylactic.  But I still eat it all occasionally.  Jesus ate of the Jewish sacrifice--beef, mutton and poultry, but his staple was fish whole grain bread, and lentils it would seem.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Technically pigs/boar are omnivores eating both plants & meat -- same as bear, chicken, raccoons, ducks , geese---but rabbits, cattle, sheep, deer for eg are herbivores.

True, which is why I called them carnivorous: meat eaters, a non-exclusive term.

5 hours ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

William ( if this actually shows ), some cows are fed other cows, but don't let that stop you from eating that steak, LOL !

And some chickens are also fed meat, but don't let that stop you from eating eggs. What a sad state the world has come to.

As far as the original question goes, the basic answer has already been well covered.. But the world has now become so corrupt in its commercial food production, this admonition of Paul is essential to be remembered by everyone before they put food in their mouths:

1 Tim. 4:4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

So the final word is: make sure you pray first over that bacon before put it in your mouth! (But I think Jesus will never eat it.)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Davida said:

The way food prices are going up we can use the wild boar now.... 

Yes,aren't they terrible?I buy a few bags of groceries and then get home and say "WHAT"? And I don't really have anything to eat.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, Openly Curious said:

You are so perverting the scriptures found in...

Colossians 2:8-23 

Christ is our sufficency the scripture teaches to beware lest any man spoil us through philosophy and vain deceit after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and NOT after Christ. 

vs. 9-15 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ.  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God who hath raised him from the dead. And you being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh hath he quickened together with him having forgiven you all trespasses.  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross;  And having spoiled principalities and powers he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

These scriptures teach us straight forward and outright that when Christ went to the cross he took with him all the ordinances or laws that we had personally broken and committed against God in the OT law.  Christ nailed those trespasses and sins on the cross with him as he took upon the sins of the whole world upon him.  We as saints were forgiven of our sins as they were nailed to the cross.  Christ did away with all those ordinances and laws we were once guilty of breaking and through the operation of God he gave us a new heart cleansed of the guilt of sin and made us complete.  Christ defeated Satan and his kingdom and took the laws that was against us out of the way which were only foreshadows of things to speaking of those things concerning food, drink, and keeping of the holy days as they have been done away with.   Which you are deceptively teaching the opposite.  We are no longer under those OT laws that once was against us but we have been forgiven and have been made complete.  

vs. 16-17 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come;  but the BODY IS OF CHRIST.

All of those OT laws regarding food and drink that was required during the feasts time and dietary laws and the ordinances concerning keeping the Sabbath, the new moon and the Sabbath days were only foreshadows of what was to come and be fulfilled by Christ work on the cross in us as his shed blood cleansed us from every one of those past sins we had committed we are forgiven and our Body is of Christ as the better things have come in the New as the Old is passed away and behold all things are made brand new If any man be in Christ he is made a new creature.

You are totally perverting this scripture within the thread taking it grossly out of context.  There also has been more than enough scriptures given by others in the thread that proves what you are propagating is not true but I'm one of those that want be spoiled through philosiphy and vain deceit.......and hope to save the readers and caution them to beware.

I do not think this thread fits into the Prophecy Forum.

I like how your opinion, seems to be ,more of  a ,how dare you say that ,that's not how it is  ,then given a response , in humbleness, it seems that you are bothered by my question or statement , like I should know better, because you are skilled ? in the bible ?well that is sad to see, not all of us, think the same , or is well versed in scripture, for even if you believe the way that you do, and you are making a point, it be okay, but with out trying to be rude about it,, it seems that if something don't go with what people think or agree with , then its more of a personal issue ,then getting to the root of the topic, if this is the responses and attitudes you have, then why would I believe you , how do I know you are telling me truth, if I brought different scripture to light,then there would not be  a finale answer ? but another view, and  that I am perverting the scriptures ? really, that is silly, if I ask hard questions  and dont agree with you , that does not make me wrong,

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

One of the words that has effected my growth it was one very much misanderstood by my self for a long time, this word is none other but what would it means to be huble, even now I am not going to say that I have found out, but I will continiun to grow. 

I have discover thought that something that could reduce fear in me, and lower my Ego and my sense is that when I am doing something that I think is pleasing to Jesus, that Jesus has a very special blessing that is coming to me and no one else can have this blessing unless they do what I do. 

The fear that I will not have this blessing, unless I do what I do.

Peters exable is a very strong one but no without a guidance into it. 

Jesus was telling Peter that the time has come to step out of the boat. Peter did not know the blessing that will come out of it.

Let's say that he traded his self-righteousness and the roots of his culture and for what, been free of the fear that he will loose his fellowship with the spirit, and that will happen if he steps in a Gentilles house, (becoming unclean).

In the end God gave him a new conscience , and he stoped judging that the Holy Spirit, does not and will not have fellowship with the unclean (Kornilious family, and him self).and that the moment he will step in the Kornilius house the Holy Spirit will leave him.

And Peter suffer the Judgement of the other believers which they refuse  to fellowship with him, as a result of his visit to Kornilius house, and what was the reason for that, they believe when Peter enter into Kornilius house, that he left the fellowship of the Holy Spirit out the Door, because the Holy Spirit also won't enter into an "unclean" house or for that into Kornilius.

Suggesting that the Baptism on the Gentiles was not by the Holy Spirit, but that some other spirit had guided Peter there, and Enter with Peter the house of Kornilius and fall upon the Gentiles. 

Simply they said that Peter had follow not Jesus but some strange spirit. 

The point I want to make is that if someone eats pork does not become unclean, and does not loose the fellowship of God, like in the Old Testiment, before the Cross. 

I want to thank you for your sportmanship and your friendly disposition, it was a pleasure to interact with you. 

God bless

I have enjoyed the interactment with you also , I enjoy a good back and forth as long as it is with respect, and I respect you sir, for your honesty and clarity, thank you

3 hours ago, Willa said:

I understood that the drinking of blood was associated with the pagan religions that Israel was to destroy, and also the Greek and Roman idolatry.  So we are not to take part in anything having to do with idolatry or pagan religions but we are to keep ourselves separate from these things.  In context, they we talking about food sacrificed to idols, drinking of blood, and fornication, all of which were part of the pagan idolatry.  

As far as eating meat or pork is concerned, that is a private matter and you are to follow your conscience.  You will find that high cholesterol is associate with shell fish and some of the dietary restriction are pretty healthy.  Both deer and boar are apt to cary trichinosis (worms) which can be very dangerous if not properly cooked.  Otherwise venison is very lean and can be pretty healthy.  Anymore, all the preservative junk in poultry and pork can be scary let alone the antibiotics they and beef are giving as a prophylactic.  But I still eat it all occasionally.  Jesus ate of the Jewish sacrifice--beef, mutton and poultry, but his staple was fish whole grain bread, and lentils it would seem.  

thank you for that comment, I will take that advise, well said.

The reason why I believe the dietary laws were in place for Israel was they symbolically showed a separation between the Jewish people that served the true and living God, and the idol worshipping gentile nations around them that served idols.  There were other laws that had the same symbolism, like one that said you weren't to wear clothing items made of wool and flax.  These laws weren't about immoral behavior, but were about showing a distinction between the only nation that followed Jehovah and everyone else.  In the book of Acts, we see Peter's vision where he is told he is to kill and eat flesh that is considered unclean under the law of Moses.  The connection is made between the unclean food and the gentiles.  The reason why Peter is told to eat what was before considered unclean is because through faith in Christ, the gentiles have become accepted, and are part of the family of God.  That which was unclean is now clean, so the symbolism has changed.  In reality, when we say it is sinful to eat pork, we are symbolically saying the gentiles are unclean, which is no longer the case if we are Christians. 

The reason why I believe it is ok to eat pork is not simply because the prohibition was just a custom, as that is not true.  It was part of God's law.  It is not because it was part of the law, because we are still obligated to observe portions of the law when it comes to immoral activities, like not stealing or killing.  It is not because to do so is "legalism."  The reason why I believe it is ok to eat pork is because that which was unclean is now made clean through the blood of Jesus, and I recognize that the gentiles can be saved.  The gentiles were never forbidden to eat pork.  That law pertained to the Jewish people.  The gentiles were condemned because of unbelief, but that is no longer the case, so we can eat anything sold in the marketplace with no concern over dietary laws.  The only thing we need to be careful of is not eating foods in front of weak believers that will offend them.  Just because I can do something doesn't mean I always should.  If I am eating among Christians who do think it is sinful to eat pork, I shouldn't put a stumbling block in front of them by eating pork in their presence.  You may have the freedom to eat pork, but if they see it as unclean, and they eat pork, to them it is sin, as it is not done in faith.  I always try to be respectful of those who don't believe in eating pork, though I have no personal problem with partaking of it. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I like how your opinion, seems to be ,more of  a ,how dare you say that ,that's not how it is  ,then given a response , in humbleness, it seems that you are bothered by my question or statement , like I should know better, because you are skilled ? in the bible ?well that is sad to see, not all of us, think the same , or is well versed in scripture, for even if you believe the way that you do, and you are making a point, it be okay, but with out trying to be rude about it,, it seems that if something don't go with what people think or agree with , then its more of a personal issue ,then getting to the root of the topic, if this is the responses and attitudes you have, then why would I believe you , how do I know you are telling me truth,if I brought different scripture to light,then there would not be a finale answer ? but another view, and  that I am perverting the scriptures ? really, that is silly, if I ask hard questions  and dont agree with you , that does not make me wrong,

Neither does it make you right either.

I am not in the least bothered by any of your questions or statements just know the scriptures tell me otherwise and I am not going to let others judge my salvation based upon things that are in the OT law of Moses knowing those things were types and shadows of things to come.  Nor am I going to read through this thread and let you get away with giving a person that has been saved and washed clean by the blood of the lamb past sins forgiven been made a new creature to feel they are guilty in the eyes of God if they do not adhere to the things you are propagating.  Making someone to feel guilty after they been made clean can break fellowship with God if they are convinced they are doing something wrong when in reality they have not sinned at all.  Just because someone comes along spouting out things and passes judgment on someone they think are guilty of sin DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.   You need to study more in debt the things you want people to live up too and make sure what you are spewing out is indeed the truth.

If you are indeed bringing different scriptures to light as you say you are.  Then there would be further espousal of the truth brought to light a greater understanding not a lesser truth or just another view to throw in the bowl for people to be able to pick from.  That is what is absurb.  The scripture back up the truth.  Your so called hard questions you think you are asking can make you wrong whether I or anyone else agrees or disagrees with you.   The Body Is Of Christ and we have been made complete that is the truth that you are trying to persuade others from and telling them a lie instead that they are not clean but are unclean if they do not obey and keep OT laws of Moses.  You are propagating a works based salvation.

I briefly touched on this yesterday, but since the topic has become so contentious, I want to post some scripture.

Acts 10:9-16

9  On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the house to pray about the sixth hour:  10  And he became very hungry, and would have eaten:  but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11  And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12  Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.  13  And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.  14  But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.  15  And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.  16  This was done thrice:  and the vessel was received up again into heaven. 

Right after Peter had this vision, a gentile named Cornelius sent for him to come to his home to share the gospel with him and his family.  Notice what Peter says when he gets there. 

Acts 10:28  And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

There are a lot of different opinions as to why God gave Israel the dietary laws.  Some claim it was just because certain animals are unhealthy to eat, and God was just looking out for them, but that makes no sense.  If that was the only reason, why cut someone off for violating this law?  Their punishment would be the harm eating pork would do to them.  The truth is revealed in Peter's vision.  It was symbolism.  It was showing how Israel was a separate people from the unclean, and idol worshipping gentile nations around them, and food was used as a type or shadow so they could make a distinction between clean and unclean. 

Clearly Sinner Saved, you are not at peace on this subject.  You are not sure if it is a sin to eat pork, and I would assume, food that is considered unclean under the law of Moses, like catfish or the many other things considered unclean.  If you believe it is wrong for you to eat things forbidden to Israel in their dietary laws, don't eat them until you are convinced in your heart they are ok.  I feel at peace eating any food sold in the market place, and that includes pork, but if I thought it was a sin, I wouldn't eat it.  You certainly won't be harmed by abstaining from pork, as it isn't really good for you, though bacon is something I love to have with breakfast, at least in moderation.  Here is one scripture for you.

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself:  but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.  Romans 14:14.

According to scripture, something can be ok for one person and sin for another.  It comes down to whether or not you are doing something of faith or not, and clearly, you are not at peace with eating pork, so don't.  Don't do anything to violate your conscience.  If you are in doubt, don't take chances.  Just know that in the church, there will be some who feel ok about eating pork, and others won't, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord.