IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Of cause I looked thats how I came to the conclusion that you are saying we can eat poisonous creatures as long as they can creep, & thats also why I originally tried to approach it from a logical point of view rather that going trough all the miss translated scriptures.

Gen.9:3 Every creeping thing that is alive shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even the green plant. So are all green plants ok for human consumption.

God told Noah to place clean & unclean animals in the arc , which suggests Noah knew of unclean animals prior to it been written in Duet, where God latter tells his people not to eat. Isa.65:1-5 God links eating unclean food with heathen idolatry, Isa.66:15-17 those that REBEL against Gods dietary laws will not be in the kingdom.

God is very clear on this subject. Most Christians say that  since the cross there is no unclean animals but Revelation 18:2 says different.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

11 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Of cause I looked thats how I came to the conclusion that you are saying we can eat poisonous creatures as long as they can creep, & thats also why I originally tried to approach it from a logical point of view rather that going trough all the miss translated scriptures.

Gen.9:3 Every creeping thing that is alive shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even the green plant. So are all green plants ok for human consumption.

God told Noah to place clean & unclean animals in the arc , which suggests Noah knew of unclean animals prior to it been written in Duet, where God latter tells his people not to eat. Isa.65:1-5 God links eating unclean food with heathen idolatry, Isa.66:15-17 those that REBEL against Gods dietary laws will not be in the kingdom.

God is very clear on this subject. Most Christians say that  since the cross there is no unclean animals but Revelation 18:2 says different.

you can be under the OT law but you can not pick and choose which laws; you must be under All laws or be under Jesus Christ and Grace. James 2:10;;; Gal 5:3;14;18

Edited by coheir

Guest BacKaran

And this is why Islam is so evil, they behead most people and then some will drink the blood or eat the hearts of the so called infidels.

Gods patience is amazing.

Dear Cohir, you are under illusion if you think I am under the old testament law, I just follow Gods regulations as he has laid out for man kind. We are under the new covenant, the ceremonial laws & shadows are no longer. hGod has placed his laws in our heart, those laws were originally on tablets of stone & have not been changed in any shape or form. 

There are 3 basic laws ceremonial, civic & moral. Civic relates to societies of their times & change periodically,

Moral law of God stands for ever,

Ceremonial were pointing forward to Christ have been all done away with.

The food regulations were a separate issue the unclean food was not healthy, science today verifies  the food regulations are still an unhealthy choice. They have not miraculously became a healthy choice, it stands to reason if they were unhealthy prior to the cross they still are.

Col 2:14-18 talk about the shadows even though it mentions food, you must understand that unclean animals were never considered food like todays society. Then we get back to my original statement of logic, God is love & fair he is the same yesterday today & tomorrow. To condemn to death a group of people for eating Pork then pardoning another group for exactly the same crime is ludicrous & Satin has a great case against God,that his laws were not fair if that be the case.

The other possibility is you are wrong. 

10 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Dear Cohir, you are under illusion if you think I am under the old testament law, I just follow Gods regulations as he has laid out for man kind. We are under the new covenant, the ceremonial laws & shadows are no longer. hGod has placed his laws in our heart, those laws were originally on tablets of stone & have not been changed in any shape or form. 

There are 3 basic laws ceremonial, civic & moral. Civic relates to societies of their times & change periodically,

Moral law of God stands for ever,

Ceremonial were pointing forward to Christ have been all done away with.

The food regulations were a separate issue the unclean food was not healthy, science today verifies  the food regulations are still an unhealthy choice. They have not miraculously became a healthy choice, it stands to reason if they were unhealthy prior to the cross they still are.

Col 2:14-18 talk about the shadows even though it mentions food, you must understand that unclean animals were never considered food like todays society. Then we get back to my original statement of logic, God is love & fair he is the same yesterday today & tomorrow. To condemn to death a group of people for eating Pork then pardoning another group for exactly the same crime is ludicrous & Satin has a great case against God,that his laws were not fair if that be the case.

The other possibility is you are wrong. 

I say there is always the possibility I am wrong. God gave all the laws to Moses, I do not believe he separated them into the categories of ceremonial, civic & moral at the time he gave them. I believe it was one law ( old covenant ) when given to Moses

and the 10 commandments were part of the old law or old covenant. About 5 or 7 hundred years later they were separated by man into categories. But to God it was the Covenant he made with them now considered the Old Covenant. And there are verses that clearly state the old covenant was abolished and done away with and replace by a New Covenant.

I can provide them if you like. these verses say nothing about ceremonial, civic & moral man made separations of the old covenant given by God to Moses.

Dear brother, may I ask what you believe the new covenant laws are.

Could you tell me what Col.2:14 is saying thanks, it would go along way in me understanding your thoughts one only one law.

It seems you are putting the hand writings of requirements & shadows in the same box with the then commandments. 

Brother Coheir, I for got to ask, If the food laws were done away with, Why did Peter not know about the food laws being changed.

Acts 10:9-16

3 time he denied adamantly he has never eaten anything common or unclean.

This is well after Christ's death, & 6-13 years after Romans were written 

9 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Could you tell me what Col.2:14 is saying thanks, it would go along way in me understanding your thoughts one only one law.

It seems you are putting the hand writings of requirements & shadows in the same box with the then commandments. 

Jeremiah 31:31

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant

Acts 21: 21, 25

21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Acts 13: 39

And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Galatians 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 4

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Colossians 1: 18

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Romans 11

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Ephesians 2 11-15 & 19-22

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Philippians 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Colossians 2:8-16

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

John 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Romans 7:4-6

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 6:14-15&17

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Hosea 2:23

And I will sow her unto me in the earth;  and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy;  and I will say to them which were not my people; and they shall say,  Thou art my God.

John 5

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Romans 4: 3-16

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all

I have more verses if needed.

Matthew 22

36“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

40On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Eph 6:2

Honor thy father and mother

Matt 19: 18

He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Matt 19: 19

Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mark 10: 19

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Luke 10: 27

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Luke 10: 28

he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

John 13: 34

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 14: 15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15: 10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15: 12

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15: 13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15: 14

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15: 17

These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Romans 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Hebrews 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Romans 3:31

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Romans 13:8, 9, 10

8 Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Colos 2: 16

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Mark 1: 27

And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

Brother Coheir, I for got to ask, If the food laws were done away with, Why did Peter not know about the food laws being changed.

Acts 10:9-16

3 time he denied adamantly he has never eaten anything common or unclean.

This is well after Christ's death, & 6-13 years after Romans were written 

rather than focus on Peter refusing to do what God said; I would focus on what God said to do, Eat. How many times while Jesus was with the apostles did he say; you still do not understand my teachings. Peter was hung up on the unclean food as others are. and they focus on Peter refusing to eat Rather than God saying EAT it. which would you follow Peter or God.

Edited by coheir
spelling