IGNORED

DID YOU CHOOSE GOD ! ,OR DID HE ALREADY CHOOSED YOU ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Just because God knows does that make it excusable?

If you know your child is going to break a rule of yours, does that mean you shouldn't discipline them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,,,

Oh dear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,typical                 SINNERSAVED,I never meant to de-rail your thread & go off into any other topics,,,,,,,,you cannot make any simple statement without it being an excuse to debate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry my good friend,,,,,,

Back on topic,,,,,,,,,,Your questions are most difficult to answer because until we are with Him in our glorious new bodies I don't think we are even able to begin to comprehend these great Mysteries of God Almighty ,,,,,,,we are presently so bound by space & time we cannot even imagine a realm that is eternal with no beginning & no end,,,,,,,,,,,,I do believe that God does know our past,present & future,,,,,,The Scriptures tell us He knows our thoughts (our prayers)before we even speak them,,,,,,,,,so yes,He knew our decisions before we make them as He knew what Adam & Eve would do in the Garden when the serpent tempted Eve,,,,,,,design flaw? NO,not at all,,,,,,,,,,,,God gave us "free will" that we would choose Him because we love Him,,,,,,,,,,,,,I say I'm not sure that My decision counts fgor much because before the foundations of the earth were laid,My Father knew I was His & would make that choice.........................that is how "I " feel about it ,not looking to debate & talk it to death,,,,,,,it is just how I feel,I think we are still entitled to feel how we feel without having to defend that or convince anyone else about it,are we not?

Would love to stay but there's many other topics to look at that are not so argumentative,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you Brother,,,,,for giving us food for thought              Love,Kwik

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

If we disqualify God's omniscience, then we deny the words written in the Bible. God says in Psalm 139 that He knew us before we were born and saw us before we were conceived in our mother's womb. He had our days numbered. If we deny that God knew what choices we would make before we were conceived and the eath was formed then we stop reading the Bible and live a life that pleases us.

But IF we accept that He knew us and had our days numbered and KNEW the choices we would make before we were formed, then He knew who would accept Jesus and thus preordained or predestined us to be called His own, otherwise we are fools and serve no one but ourselves and are deluded.

Freewill....ABSOLUTELY. But we serve a God who knows beginning from end and thus knows us better than we know ourselves and yes let's us do as we will...sin and ask forgiveness yet knows that we will choose Jesus and thus predestined us to be His.

1 hour ago, ghtan said:

Hi there!

If God always knows what we would choose, he must have known that Adam and Eve would succumb to Satan's temptation and eat the fruit. Does that not represent a design flaw? Is it fair for God to blame them then? I believe they were able to resist but chose to exercise their freewill to eat. But that means God did not know for sure what they would do. Of course, God was prepared either way.

I believe that Scripture teaches that GOD knew before the creation of time that Satan would fall, that Adam and Eve would fall. That is why Scripture tells us that HE and HIS Son devised the plan for Christ to come to Earth to pay the blood ransom that GOD would require to redeem mankind. GOD did this to show the creation (including the heavenly realm,) his incomparable love and mercy. It has been postulated that when Satan rebelled, he accused GOD of not having "love nor mercy." GOD knew this would happen, in advance. Hence, the Plan. To say that GOD does not know everything is to limit HIS power and fundamentally flawed. To say that GOD chose not to save someone is to say that GOD is not truthful as Scripture tells us that HE desires all to be saved and that none should perish.

49 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings,,,,,,,

Oh dear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,typical                 SINNERSAVED,I never meant to de-rail your thread & go off into any other topics,,,,,,,,you cannot make any simple statement without it being an excuse to debate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry my good friend,,,,,,

Back on topic,,,,,,,,,,Your questions are most difficult to answer because until we are with Him in our glorious new bodies I don't think we are even able to begin to comprehend these great Mysteries of God Almighty ,,,,,,,we are presently so bound by space & time we cannot even imagine a realm that is eternal with no beginning & no end,,,,,,,,,,,,I do believe that God does know our past,present & future,,,,,,The Scriptures tell us He knows our thoughts (our prayers)before we even speak them,,,,,,,,,so yes,He knew our decisions before we make them as He knew what Adam & Eve would do in the Garden when the serpent tempted Eve,,,,,,,design flaw? NO,not at all,,,,,,,,,,,,God gave us "free will" that we would choose Him because we love Him,,,,,,,,,,,,,I say I'm not sure that My decision counts fgor much because before the foundations of the earth were laid,My Father knew I was His & would make that choice.........................that is how "I " feel about it ,not looking to debate & talk it to death,,,,,,,it is just how I feel,I think we are still entitled to feel how we feel without having to defend that or convince anyone else about it,are we not?

Would love to stay but there's many other topics to look at that are not so argumentative,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you Brother,,,,,for giving us food for thought              Love,Kwik

I agree. People ask for opinions, then when someone gives theirs, though scripturally sound, people feel the need to argue with them. Makes you not want to even get involved in the discussion. It's an opinion people, not a debate.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, ghtan said:

Hi there!

If God always knows what we would choose, he must have known that Adam and Eve would succumb to Satan's temptation and eat the fruit. Does that not represent a design flaw? Is it fair for God to blame them then? I believe they were able to resist but chose to exercise their freewill to eat. But that means God did not know for sure what they would do. Of course, God was prepared either way.

God had a plan, about how to reconciled mankind to him. And he knew how he would do it. 

He knew about Adam and Eve and he also new about the Devil. 

He knew the wisdom and the power Of the Devil's trickery. He knew that the Devil could do it through Eve. 

God was bating the Devil, he new that the Devil would be week and envy and desired to take the only pair of mankind for himself, thus also their descendants. God new it and he was waiting for the Devil to bite the bait. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I know that God does know what we will choose & what we will not,,,,,,,,,,,so I am not so sure about how much of our "free will" counts for much? I think we are chosen,we are called out from the beginning of time...........it is all just a matter of time,,,,,lol,Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

that was Awesome and Inspiring scriptures you gathered, thank you for that kwikphilly

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings,,,,,,,

thank you kwik, I totally get it, I have talked about how fast on the draw some people get, when they want to make a point ,

but I copied your response, to use in my notes for a project later, and there is several great responses that are awesome, thank everyone for pointing out the scriptures that you did , it is very helpful, and it was explained to me about this subject once,

it is like a news helicopter that is watching from above and sees,  a car enter a tunnel, he doesn't see that he is going head on with a big truck ,from the opposite side, but he can see both and what is about to happen and so you know the out come , but the truck and the car did not know until it was too late,

I believe and know that of course God knows everything ,even your thoughts and prayers before you pray, but you have free will, and these scripture confirms this view, we should all be thankful that we are able to come to Jesus, and heed the call ,understand gods plan for us, for we are the called out ones , the saints, and we need to share Gods wanting love to others, and that's why He made you and me , to share his word, he knew we would be seeking him, and so we as the body need to reach out to others ,and tell them the good news.

thank you everyone.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

I believe that Scripture teaches that GOD knew before the creation of time that Satan would fall, that Adam and Eve would fall. That is why Scripture tells us that HE and HIS Son devised the plan for Christ to come to Earth to pay the blood ransom that GOD would require to redeem mankind. GOD did this to show the creation (including the heavenly realm,) his incomparable love and mercy. It has been postulated that when Satan rebelled, he accused GOD of not having "love nor mercy." GOD knew this would happen, in advance. Hence, the Plan. To say that GOD does not know everything is to limit HIS power and fundamentally flawed. To say that GOD chose not to save someone is to say that GOD is not truthful as Scripture tells us that HE desires all to be saved and that none should perish.

Yes,God never rejects anyone who believes in Him.It is our choice.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

But IF we accept that He knew us and had our days numbered and KNEW the choices we would make before we were formed, then He knew who would accept Jesus and thus preordained or predestined us to be called His own, otherwise we are fools and serve no one but ourselves and are deluded.

It is unfortunate that Christians are frequently unable to integrate omniscience, foreknowledge, predestination, and freewill into a comprehensive understanding of the grace of God.  

The Bible teaches that all may be saved if all will repent. The Bible also teaches that those who believe and become children of God by grace are also chosen, elected, and predestined *to be conformed to the image of His Son* (Rom 8:29).

Thus predestination is not to select some for Heaven and other for Hell, but to ensure that salvation in its fullest sense -- the perfection of the saints -- is guaranteed (1 Jn 3:1-3).  In the meantime, those who are saved must *work out their salvation* with fear and trembling.