bigape

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

When you look back to the days of Ozzie and Harriet and Leave it to Beaver: These television shows worked, because they accurately reflected the real lives that most American families were living during these years(1940-1960).  The vast majority of  people, were generally decent people who had been taught the value of a good character.

For those of you who don’t even know who Ozzie and Harriet were, this makes it even easier for some scoffer, to convince you, that things have “always been this way”.....
2 Peter 3:3-4
V.3 ¶ Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
V.4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.”
------------------
There was a time 50 years ago, when you NEVER heard homosexuality or any kind of sexual sin even mentioned on television.  But this wasn’t only, true in the secular realm. Back in the 1940s & 1950s, most Christian Churches used the KJB; But the pressure was even then, being put on pastors and Churches, to stop doing things, in the “old ways”!  Today, the PRESSURE for every Christian to compromise their Biblical principles, is greater than it has ever been; And every day that Jesus doesn’t come back, this pressure is increasing.  The decisions(both political and religious), that otherwise sane and well adjusted people are making today, are being seen as crazy, by anyone who hasn’t got their head in the sand.
--------------------------------------------------
It is obvious, that we are living in the “last” of the last days and that this “sin sick” and “self destructive” and “self consuming” world, that we are living in, is just about to collapse down upon itself.......   2 Timothy 3:13
“But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.”

Praise the Lord, Jesus is just about to come back and take us out of this mess!  But until He does, we need to remind ourselves every day, of the fact that this world is becoming more and more deceived and that we need to keep our feet, solidly grounded upon the Word of God!                                    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There has always been evil in the World and always sin. But in the glory days of Christendom, these things were kept in check to some extent and that was reflected in the culture. Now, anything goes which is why there is so much decadence being passed off as normal and healthy.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

13 minutes ago, OakWood said:

There has always been evil in the World and always sin. But in the glory days of Christendom, these things were kept in check to some extent and that was reflected in the culture. Now, anything goes which is why there is so much decadence being passed off as normal and healthy.

woe unto those who say good is evil and evil, good.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, from the travels we have been through in the past six years I would just say that I think it's the media that has gone to hell in the handbasket more than the people itself and that's the difference in the USA today and back in the 20's.    Even the 50's and 60's when I was growing up there was more evil than people wanted to admit....    Now we admit the evil is there, but the vast majority of the people we have met all across the nation do not accept it as good.    And we so so many good people, I am not sure it is really even the norm.     When the devil owns and controls the media, we don't every get the real truth.    Not in politics, nor even the day to day things that make us what we are.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All in all we can rely on God's Word to tell us... and it is that of starvation of His Word Amos
and calling good bad and bad good Isa and to the point The Lord ask this of us
Lk 18:8
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when
the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

This is pretty bleak seeing how God says this of faith
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he
that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he
is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KJV
Love, Steven

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I'm sure a black person would have the same view that the 40's and 50's were such a splendid time.

Edited by Bonky
spelling

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Bonky said:

I'm sure a black person would have the same view that the 40's and 50's were such a splendid time.

What is the purpose of throwing that out there, Bonky?  I believe the topic is about the days before evil was celebrated....not race relations.  I do agree that black people had it bad back then but let's stay on topic, okay?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

What is the purpose of throwing that out there, Bonky?  I believe the topic is about the days before evil was celebrated....not race relations.  I do agree that black people had it bad back then but let's stay on topic, okay?

I was throwing that out there because it's completely relevant.  You guys are so concerned about how society has eased up their views of gays and are willing to brush aside a time when blacks had to ride in the back of a bus!

Did women have the voice then that they have now?  How were divorced women treated back then, refresh my mind a bit.   I'm not trashing the 40s or 50s, but I want to be realistic and include the very bad parts of that era, not just ignore them.  Do you think The Andy Griffith show really represented the average household in America?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Actually, Bonky, just as with today's sitcoms and TV shows, they represent what kind of life the majority wanted, not what really was.  They gave a little compass to those who did not follow God.  Today, God is removed from the picture almost 100% ... see how it works?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, Bonky said:

I was throwing that out there because it's completely relevant.  You guys are so concerned about how society has eased up their views of gays and are willing to brush aside a time when blacks had to ride in the back of a bus!

Did women have the voice then that they have now?  How were divorced women treated back then, refresh my mind a bit.   I'm not trashing the 40s or 50s, but I want to be realistic and include the very bad parts of that era, not just ignore them.  Do you think The Andy Griffith show really represented the average household in America?

Andy Griffith Show did represent a lot of small town lifestyle......    and Leave it to Beaver was a pretty good view of my personal life from about 5 to 18 or so.     So it depended on where you lived just as it does now.

People complain about riding in the back of the bus, but there were times when native Americans were lucky to just be left alive.

While I don't see how anyone can approve of slavery, but I would ask where Africans would be today if thier ancestors had not been brought here as slaves.......     and I might add that most were taken slave by Islamic people.    The US just used them for business, and had we not done that if old times are as today they would just have been killed instead of sold.

And I can tell you that around here there is more bigotry toward native Americans than blacks.   I'm not sure what this has to do with the OP though, but I needed to vent, so you all can just feel taken advantage of and get over it.