IGNORED

What are we watching for? Two questions really?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

19 minutes ago, Ezra said:

You missed a very important part of what John also said, which totally demolishes your argument: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.

If what you surmise is true, Christians would be weeping, and wailing, and mourning, and lamenting at the Rapture.  The absurdity of equating the Resurrection/Rapture with the Second Coming should be obvious. So back to square one.

The same thing is spoken of here:

Rev. 6:15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 “For the great day of His wrath came, and who is able to stand?”

The Lord appears, every eye sees him, the elect ascend, the Jews are converted, the heathen wail, the Wrath begins.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

two things only to watch for ? I can think of a whole bunch of them , but let me try to think at the top of my head on this, I believe we are to watch , out and be alert, for the evil one has already come, and the delusion and the deception of the people is one, second, we know what is about to happen and we need to be prepared and ready to endure until the end , and when we have seen and go through all this , when the signs indicate  the scriptures of prophecy as written for our warning,  then we need to be watching for the return of the master,  for the redemption of our souls , and the coming of the lord,

! so it is to be watching the times that are aligning to the prophecies, and warnings spoken not to be deceived.

and two,-    while in this trouble and tribulation the world falling away in its sinful and evil ways, we need to be watching for the return of Christ,

for he draws near  and we know that the time is at hand.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

33 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

two things only to watch for ?

I am sorry sinnersaved, did someone say there are only two things to watch for? If so, I missed that, and can't find where the was said.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

33 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am sorry sinnersaved, did someone say there are only two things to watch for? If so, I missed that, and can't find where the was said.

you have two questions I took it as two things sorry I think I just looked right over that,  maybe you can help structure what you are looking for ? thank you

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well, in the OP, there are two questions asked, you can see them at the end of the post. All I am looking for, is not so much the answer to the questions, as I am interesting in seeing how other people answer those questions, that I why I am pretty much absent in the thread, not here to stir up trouble, not here to debate, not here to make a point really, just interested in seeing what pages people are on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,201
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 1/1/2016 at 4:30 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Should we be watching and if so for what?

and

should our attitude be one of being willing to submit to God's will, if that should mean affliction?

God told us many things would happen in the future....    we need to be watching for them....    all of prophecy.

Should we submit to Gods will containing affliction,   of course we should......   but we shouldn't go looking for it,  and we shouldn't really bring it on ourselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎3‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, WilliamL said:

First of all, Last Daze nailed the answer IMHO.

The above Matthew 24:30 quote must be paired with the one below, because both refer to all the tribes of the earth SEEING Jesus, and there is no scriptural reason to believe that will happen twice :

Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him.

Every eye will see him, not just Jews and the heathen. Everyone includes us. Remember that John here was addressing the Church.

Hi WilliamL,

Yes I believe that the Holy Spirit through John is addressing the Body of Christ - (Rev. 1: 6 & 7) telling us of God`s purposes for the three groups.

`Jesus Christ....has made US kings & priests ` -  the Body of Christ.

` & every eye will see Him,`  - the nations (tribes mourning).

`AND they ALSO who pierced Him.`  - Israel.

Thus we see the three groups that God has made. He NEVER includes the Body of Christ with the nations, so that is NOT the Body of Christ there as `every eye.` For we then read of `they also` meaning the Jews/Israel. We need to read in context & relation to what God`s purposes are for the three different groups. These are ALWAYS referred to individually & NEVER is the Body of Christ mixed with the nations.  

Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I read it again today and again I am challenged!  Do I believe that God both can and will protect and keep me under any and all conditions?  

When I look at my life and situations that arise that require such faith I see myself wavering.  Even though past evidence suggests that I should not worry I find that I do not stand strong in believing that I will be protected.  I have current life issues I am afraid to face for fear of consequence.  I wish it wasn't so but it is.  If I cannot face my current challenges boldly as one of Gods people because I am afraid that my sin has consequence because even forgiven sin has consequences then how is it that I would have faith that I would be made to stand in tribualtion?  

I would love to have Daniels confidence.  I believe we are supposed too but I am afraid I fall short and think that I will just be another sheep led to the slaughter.  And for that I feel ashamed and unworthy.  God help me not to disgrace him.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

gdemoss

Isaiah 33:6   And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes I believe that the Holy Spirit through John is addressing the Body of Christ - (Rev. 1: 6 & 7) telling us of God`s purposes for the three groups.

`Jesus Christ....has made US kings & priests ` -  the Body of Christ.

` & every eye will see Him,`  - the nations (tribes mourning).

`AND they ALSO who pierced Him.`  - Israel.

Thus we see the three groups that God has made. He NEVER includes the Body of Christ with the nations, so that is NOT the Body of Christ there as `every eye.` For we then read of `they also` meaning the Jews/Israel. We need to read in context & relation to what God`s purposes are for the three different groups. These are ALWAYS referred to individually & NEVER is the Body of Christ mixed with the nations.  

You are incorrect. At Mount Sinai, every eye saw Him: the mixed multitude and Israelite commoners and elders and Joshua and Moses. All different types. Some turned away, some were called up into God's Presence. Paul tells us in Hebrews 12:18-28 that the same type of scenario will take place when the Lord appears on heavenly Mount Sinai.

When the Lord appears in the clouds/air (1 Thes. 4) with the Father, every eye will see him, and the heathen tribes will flee and hide. When the Lord later descends to the earth upon Mount of Olives (Zech. 14/Rev. 19), the heathen tribes will be gathered by the Beast to fight against him.