IGNORED

What is the "Gospel" of Yashua, (Jesus)?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

5 hours ago, gdemoss said:

Witches cast spells...legalists use spelling

One had better be careful before they declare Yahshua means something then declaring Jesus means nothing.  That is a pretty bold move.  Are you so sure that the name Jesus does not mean anything?

First, before we get into anything else, we need to understand that names mean something.  

The Angel, (messenger), told Joseph in a dream to name him something, because he would do something.  

They were of the line of David, Hebrews from the line of Judah.   They were a Jewish man, and Jewish woman.  

Why would they name their child a Greek name? Ieseous = Jesus.  His name in Hebrew is YAHshua = YAH is salvation.

The name Jesus, is only a LETTER translation with no meaning.  If you want to see his name translated into English, then you would say Joshua.

Second, the words I use, "invoke" are what we are to do.  We are to invoke the name of Yashua.  For prayer, for salvation, for healing, and ever other manner of thing that we need or do.

Just because someone uses the same term, who may not be a believer, does not change it into something bad.  It means they understand the power associated with whatever name they are using/invoking.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

5 hours ago, gdemoss said:

Witches cast spells...legalists use spelling

One had better be careful before they declare Yahshua means something then declaring Jesus means nothing.  That is a pretty bold move.  Are you so sure that the name Jesus does not mean anything?

If that was in response to what I said, I have no idea what the connection is you see between them.

7 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Actually, coming back to this claim, I thought you might find this helpful:  Around the same time this was written in Matthew,  the Didache was written.

In the Didache, which was held almost at the level of scripture by the early christians, it says:

• Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.
  • http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/didache-roberts.html

Notice, there's the Trinity again - and the Trinitarian formula for bpatism -   1st century - baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.   This predates Eusebius by 3 centuries and is contemporary with the writing of scripture.    So the earliest christian writing we have about baptism, written in the same time frame as the scriptures, says to baptize using the Trinitarian formula, not just in Jesus name.

This is the exact formula I witness at each baptism during Church.   We follow this ancient formula from the times of the Apostles.

And "Didache" is  

• The Didache

The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations.
  •  

Not once is it ever denounced by any Apostle or anyone who came after them, by any ECF.   It was held in the highest esteem in the Early Church by all which is testimony to its authenticity as apostolic.

This document "The Didache", is something I studied my last year in prison...

"Now about food: bear what you are able to bear. But watch out for the idol-sacrifices, for this is a religious service of dead gods.

Now about baptism, baptize this way: after first uttering all of these things, baptize "into the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy Spirit" in running water. But if you do not have running water, baptize in other water. Now if you are not able to do so in cold water, do it in warm water. Now if you don't have either, pour water three times on the head, "into the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the holy Spirit." Now before the ritual cleansing, the baptizer and the one being baptized should fast, and any others who are able. Now you will give word for the one who is being baptized to fast for one or two days beforehand.

But do not let your fasts be with the hypocrites. For they fast on the second day of the week and on the fifth. But you fast on the fourth day and the day of preparation. Neither should you pray like the hypocrites, but as the Lord gave word in his good message, pray like this: "Our Father, the one who is in Heaven, your name has been made holy. Let your kingdom come. Let what you want also be done on earth, as in Heaven. Give us the bread we need today and forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors. And don't carry us into trial, but rescue us from the evil one. For yours is the power and the glory for the age." Pray this way three times daily."

There is something odd about what is being said here.  "...pour water three times on the head, into the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit."

First, we see that it is pouring on the head.  Baptism is by total body immersion.  That is to show the death, burial, and resurrection.  Pouring water on the head is incorrect.

Second, when Yashua was baptized, it was John the immerser who was doing it.  Secondly, was he baptized in the name of the father, son, and holy spirit?  No. If not, then why?  Because he was showing something important. 

Third, we need to look no further than the flood.  It was a baptism.  The earth was baptized with water for the remission of sins.  And they were "in" the ark that saved them.

Fourth, we look at Moses and the children of Israel.  They were baptized "into" Moses (the law) "in" the pillar and when they went through the sea of reeds.

All of this was to show that we are to go from the old to the new.  

John the Immerser was the old, (The High Priest who died) and Yashua was the new, (High Priest who lives).

We are to be baptized "INTO" Yashua for salvation.  

Edited by completedbeliever1

18 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Are you saying Jesus is not called God in scripture?

Genesis 1: 26, 27 are not proof of the trinity.

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." This was the Almighty talking to the FUTURE messiah.  He would bring mankind to him in his likeness and image. Since the first Adam sinned he was no longer in the likeness and image of YAHVAH.  

YAHVAH is NOT Yashua.

Yashua is NOT YAHVAH.

Just as the relationship between Pharaoh and Joseph, he had ALL authority.

Genesis 41: 40~~
"You shall be in charge of my palace, and all my people are to submit to your orders. Only with respect to the throne will I be greater than you".

"There are lords (masters) many, and there are gods (mighty ones) many..."

Isaiah 9: 6~~
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, (because of the miracles he performed), Eternal Father, (the father of the death, burial, and resurrection), Prince of Peace."

These are titles that describe what he will do in his ministry. Not proof that he is YAHVAH. He would be "named", this is referring to his character.  How he would be.  His actions.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

27 minutes ago, completedbeliever1 said:

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." This was the Almighty talking to the FUTURE messiah.  He would bring mankind to him in his likeness and image. Since the first Adam sinned he was no longer in the likeness and image of YAHVAH.  

YAHVAH is NOT Yashua.

Yashua is NOT YAHVAH.

"You shall be in charge of my palace, and all my people are to submit to your orders. Only with respect to the throne will I be greater than you".

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, (because of the miracles he performed), Eternal Father, (the father of the death, burial, and resurrection), Prince of Peace."

These are titles that describe what he will do in his ministry. Not proof that he is YAHVAH. He would be "named", this is referring to his character.  How he would be.  His actions.

interesting , never saw it this way , thanks for the post

Guest Teditis

The first chapter of John sums it all up nicely, in my opinion.

God and Jesus are one... manifested in two persons.

Edited by Teditis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Whatever you did on that post, don't do it again....

4 hours ago, completedbeliever1 said:

This document "The Didache", is something I studied my last year in prison...

"Now about food: bear what you are able to bear. But watch out for the idol-sacrifices, for this is a religious service of dead gods.

Now about baptism, baptize this way: after first uttering all of these things, baptize "into the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy Spirit" in running water. But if you do not have running water, baptize in other water. Now if you are not able to do so in cold water, do it in warm water. Now if you don't have either, pour water three times on the head, "into the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the holy Spirit." Now before the ritual cleansing, the baptizer and the one being baptized should fast, and any others who are able. Now you will give word for the one who is being baptized to fast for one or two days beforehand.

But do not let your fasts be with the hypocrites. For they fast on the second day of the week and on the fifth. But you fast on the fourth day and the day of preparation. Neither should you pray like the hypocrites, but as the Lord gave word in his good message, pray like this: "Our Father, the one who is in Heaven, your name has been made holy. Let your kingdom come. Let what you want also be done on earth, as in Heaven. Give us the bread we need today and forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors. And don't carry us into trial, but rescue us from the evil one. For yours is the power and the glory for the age." Pray this way three times daily."

There is something odd about what is being said here.  "...pour water three times on the head, into the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit."

First, we see that it is pouring on the head.  Baptism is by total body immersion.  That is to show the death, burial, and resurrection.  Pouring water on the head is incorrect.

Second, when Yashua was baptized, it was John the immerser who was doing it.  Secondly, was he baptized in the name of the father, son, and holy spirit?  No. If not, then why?  Because he was showing something important. 

Third, we need to look no further than the flood.  It was a baptism.  The earth was baptized with water for the remission of sins.  And they were "in" the ark that saved them.

Fourth, we look at Moses and the children of Israel.  They were baptized "into" Moses (the law) "in" the pillar and when they went through the sea of reeds.

All of this was to show that we are to go from the old to the new.  

John the Immerser was the old, (The High Priest who died) and Yashua was the new, (High Priest who lives).

We are to be baptized "INTO" Yashua for salvation.  

And yet, here is a writing contemporary with the scriptures, accepted by all of the time as the teaching of the Apostles, and it contradicts your claim that only full immersion is required.

If what you say is true, then those who accept Christ where there is no possibility of full immersion will never be able to receive a valid baptism.     Let's say a man on death row, about to be led to his execution, converts.   There is no possibility of being given baptism by immersion.   So according to you, he can't be validly baptized and so can't be saved.

The teaching of the Apostles, contained in the Didache, says otherwise.

Additionally when Phillip baptizes the eunuch we are not told that the water was deep enough for full immersion.  They were in the desert.

3 hours ago, completedbeliever1 said:

YAHVAH is NOT Yashua.

Yashua is NOT YAHVAH.

My friend, that is not what these verses in Genesis mean.

15 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

My friend, that is not what these verses in Genesis mean.

That is precicely what they mean.  

We need to take some time and reflect on what we know, and where we gained this information.

We also need to remember that there is a reason people do not agree.

Truth is always going to be right there where YAHVAH left it.  We only need to pick it up and run with it.

Once we see the truth, we will never want to let it go. It is too precious.  It is worth more than gold, silver, diamonds, and lands.

The truth of the resurrection, the truth of the full body immersion, the truth of all things will be seen. 

I know the truth, and it has set me free.

I hope that everyone here will see the truth one day too.  

Peace to you all...

In the name of Yashua Messiah.

Let it be so.

:)