IGNORED

Babies and Unborn Children where do they go when they die?

warriorbride

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

You must know when interpreting Scripture it's the Holy Ghost who teaches you what it means. There are some Scripture which can be primarily directed to a group of people but can also be applied to everyone. For example the Jeremiah verse in this post. I knew thee before you was formed. God's is speaking directly to Jeremiah. However this applies to all the unborn babies. So to conclude you maybe right but unborn babies and even small children are saved until they willingly Sin against God. Age of accountability. A unborn child is not accountable because he hasn't been born yet. If God doesn't predestinate anyone to hell why would he predestinate the unborn? He fashion all things to the counsel of his Will not ours. 

Edited by manuelf324

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

6 hours ago, angels4u said:

I believe the Catholic church teaches that babies need  to be baptist before they can go to heaven when they die, I don't think they believe that anybody who is not Catholic and baptist in the Catholic church will go to heaven . Am IK right that the Catholic church did away with limbo?

2 Sam 12:33 23 But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me

Luke 18:16

16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God

I believe heaven will be full of children!:emot-heartbeat:

Limbo was simply a theological speculation. 

The Catholic Church does not say where unbaptized infants go, but they do not teach they are lost.   The debate has centered around whether they enjoy the "beatific vision" ie beholding the face of God and thus baptism is imputed to them, or if they enjoy a natural blissful state, ie paradise (which is what limbo referred to).

The Catholic Church entrusts them to God's care.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

This verse forever settles the matter, David did go on to see his son after death:

2Samuel 12:23  But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

The last verse in the book of Jonah shows the innocence God sees of the 120,000 babies in Nineveh, who do not know good from evil or right from wrong:

Jonah 4:11  And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Infants are not lost on death due to the fact that they are not old enough to be responsible for any sins and therefore could not repent of sin.

This is a very important point. Those who can understand the Gospel must repent and believe.  But since babies and infants could not possibly do either, they are exempt. Why? Christ already paid for their redemption by taking away the sin of the world.  God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. That is the Word of God.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Limbo was simply a theological speculation. 

The Catholic Church does not say where unbaptized infants go, but they do not teach they are lost.   The debate has centered around whether they enjoy the "beatific vision" ie beholding the face of God and thus baptism is imputed to them, or if they enjoy a natural blissful state, ie paradise (which is what limbo referred to).

The Catholic Church entrusts them to God's care.

Limbo was invented by the Catholic Church. There is no such place mentioned in Scripture. We were taught in the Catholic Church that one had to be baptised into the church to be saved, We were also taught that if a baby dies before baptism it would never get to Heaven? It is clear from Scripture that baptism is only for people who have repented and have been born again by the Spirit of God.

Babies cannot be fit candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and  a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life. Only personal disciples, followers of Jesus Christ were commanded to be baptised, not babies, (Matt. 28:19-20; ,ark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38-39).

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Limbo was invented by the Catholic Church. There is no such place mentioned in Scripture. We were taught in the Catholic Church that one had to be baptised into the church to be saved, We were also taught that if a baby dies before baptism it would never get to Heaven? It is clear from Scripture that baptism is only for people who have repented and have been born again by the Spirit of God.

Babies cannot be fit candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and  a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life. Only personal disciples, followers of Jesus Christ were commanded to be baptised, not babies, (Matt. 28:19-20; ,ark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38-39).

Limbo was never a formal teaching.  It was an attempt to theorize what happens.   

As far as what baptism is, this is not a Catholic/Protestant issue.    Protestants can't agree on what baptism is and all positions on it can be found in Protestantism, and you will find Protestants who will very strongly disagree with you.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

As far as what baptism is, this is not a Catholic/Protestant issue.    Protestants can't agree on what baptism is and all positions on it can be found in Protestantism, and you will find Protestants who will very strongly disagree with you.

That is true, but the word baptizo (Greek in the bible that we transliterate baptism from), means immersion. And the Bible does say to make diciples (students, followers, and baptize THEM. There is no infant baptism example, nor command, nor endorsement in the Bible. So while there are different understandings in denominations, there are two ways to do it. 1. The Bible way 2. Another way

However, the topic here, is not baptism.

5 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That is true, but the word baptizo (Greek in the bible that we transliterate baptism from), means immersion. And the Bible does say to make diciples (students, followers, and baptize THEM. There is no infant baptism example, nor command, nor endorsement in the Bible. So while there are different understandings in denominations, there are two ways to do it. 1. The Bible way 2. Another way

Well I disagree there are no examples or commands nor endorsement in the Bible. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

All babies and children go to heaven until the age of accountability.That age may vary but it possibly could be around the age of 13.Until the child is capable of knowing Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thank you Mega, I agree 100% The Bible way or other way--

Matt.19:14

. 14But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15After laying His hands on them, He departed from there