• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

To piggyback on Shar's post...

"the wages of sin is DEATH....(not eternal tormenting)." 

Only God is immortal, and then he gives the gift of eternal life to believers. I have not read any scripture that says God gives the gift of eternal life to losties. 

Thus, people are (wrongly) inferring God is giving a lostie eternal life. Why would he do that? Why would he make a big deal about eternal life to the believer if everyone gets it? 

"The wages of sin is what?  DEATH!!!!!!!!!!"  (The lake of fire eats up Hades folks.) 

a content Spock 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

5 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Hell is sure a popular topic on Worthy. More so than heaven?  Scratch

I have heard it said, that Jesus spoke more Hell than He did about Heaven. I have never tried to verify that alleged fact.

It does occur to me though, that if Hell is a terrible reality, and it is, then it should serve as a further motivation to get the Gospel out there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, Spock said:

This issue is very real, not simple at all.  Some believe when hell is thrown into the lake of fire, it burns up and ceases to exist. Others think it continues burning.  This is highly debatable and no one should feel totally confident that their argument is rock solid. 

i used to believe as you do, but for me to change sides, I had to ponder and reflect over a lot of scripture. This is no small feat because I am not easily swayed. 

Rev 21 says there will be no more death.  Why?  Death is gone.  It was thrown into the Lake of Fire.  Burned up, distinguish with Hades and the unsaved.

• Group:  Royal Member

8 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Hell is sure a popular topic on Worthy. More so than heaven?  Scratch

Lol peep.  I may have to start a thread on heaven just to give it equal time, but honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to be doing while there?  Playing tennis?  Playing golf?  Flying around the universe?  Cleaning toilets?  Following Jesus around wherever he goes?  Text on my cell phone?  Lol

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Only God is immortal, and then he gives the gift of eternal life to believers. I have not read any scripture that says God gives the gift of eternal life to losties. 

Thus, people are (wrongly) inferring God is giving a lostie eternal life. Why would he do that? Why would he make a big deal about eternal life to the believer if everyone gets it? 

Maybe because as was already pointed out, death, in the bible, has more to do with separation, separating the soul from the body, separating us from God. That death is eternal, it does not imply cessation of existence, but eternal separation. Remember, if you do not have Christ, you are already dead. There is a death that does not refer to your body.

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Lol peep.  I may have to start a thread on heaven just to give it equal time, but honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to be doing while there?  Playing tennis?  Playing golf?  Flying around the universe?  Cleaning toilets?  Following Jesus around wherever he goes?  Text on my cell phone?  Lol

Bizarro-in-heaven-without-cell-phones.gi

3 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Maybe because as was already pointed out, death, in the bible, has more to do with separation, separating the soul from the body, separating us from God. That death is eternal, it does not imply cessation of existence, but eternal separation. Remember, if you do not have Christ, you are already dead. There is a death that does not refer to your body.

Show me in the bible where death is eternal separation from god while not ceasing to exist. Thanks. 

Just now, Spock said:

Show me in the bible where death is eternal separation from god while not ceasing to exist. Thanks. 

I am not bothering, it has already been shown in posts you have read, and you can google it, or read commentaries online, but you have already decided it seems, so stick with it if you like, I am through with this topic, it is a dead horse, the spirit has left it's body behind. I could argue this both ways, if you want to continue this line, point out that Jesus said God can destroy both body and soul in Hell.

Ok, let's use our gray cells people:

a lostie is thrown into Hades (hell) awaiting the great white throne judgment. While here, he is being tormented. I think we all agree with this.

ok, now here comes the Great white throne judgment and after being judged guilty, where do they go? 

Into the lake of fire. They have now gotten out of hell, and shoved into the lake of fire. I think we all agree with this too.

so, why not shoved back into hell if they are to be tormented forever? Why not just go back and stay there, in hell?

Answer: because God does away with hell and throws it in the lake of fire. For what reason folks?

i say to get rid of it....poof, gone, see ya.  If you say to keep on burning, then why be put here?  Why not back in hell? 

The lake of fire is different folks. Hell is where there is torment, not the lake of fire.  Even Satan, antichrist, and false prophet go into a different place - the lake of burning sulphur according to rev 20:10.  Why is this a different place?  Here is the only eternal place of torment after the GWT judgment.  So why doesn't God shove the losties into this place- the lake of burning sulfur if he wants their torture to be eternal? 

Gray cells folks....use them. Please think before you speak. 

Spock out

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The Second Death in Rev 20.  The greek word used is "thanatos", which literary means death.  Cease to exist.  Remember, Jesus say to "fear him who could destroy your body and soul in hell"  Destroy = put an end to existence."