• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I left this here in quote so you would not have to return to other place of it's keeping...

Spock I think it important for you to understand that knowledge is passing away 1Cor 13... why I say this to you is that I perceive you are under to much
of it's influence and it is puffing you up :noidea:  I certainly could be wrong but your writing suggests this-> I'm am speaking to you in love not condemnation!!!
The brokenness and contriteness of what and where we are can only be accomplished by s/Spirit... our need to walk in The Spirit is a matter of focus toward
God as helpless in any resource other than Him and His Spirit sourced in His Word. Our Father in His Son has so warned us of the difficulty of the narrow and
upward path we have been set upon and few that find it... this too is the self same path we are to walk! I spend a lot of self searching to make sure I am dead
and the place I am in is dead to me= so that I may hear Him and follow...  Love, Steven

God clearly states in Daniel 12:4, that in the Last Days knowledge will INCREASE. Corinthians 13 you quote is the love passage.  This have nothing to do with knowledge passing away.  Paul simply states that even if he has all knowledge and does not have love, he has nothing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, Spock said:

Do me a favor Enoob, if you don't want to address the topic at hand and debate, but merely want to talk to me personally, send me a private email. We don't need the entire board to be dragged down in this mud.  I hope you agree. No more personal off topic comments please. Email me. I'm here.

Oh, and for the record, I couldn't care less what you believe regarding this issue. I'm not even trying to convince people like you, MG, Ezra, etc because I know you have your minds made up and that is fine by me. We are all adults and have been given free will, and you may even be right.  My feelings aren't hurt.

but you people seem to believe Shar and I are promoting a doctrine of Satan here.

well, try to look at it from another viewpoint- maybe some losties don't accept Jesus because they believe God is unloving and too harsh because they perceive him as deriving pleasure in wanting people to burn in torment forever by keeping it going forever. 

Hypothetical scenario: So, maybe, just maybe, a lostie has been led here to this thread and are reading Shar and my words, and maybe, just maybe, this lostie sees God in a different way now. Not this vindictive vengeful person who derives some sick pleasure in watching people tormented endlessly, but instead is aware that this punishment is limited and purposeful, and no longer sees God as this cruel vindictive God and is now more open to receive the good news of Jesus Christ. 
you are not promoting the doctrine of God in saying His eternal wrath is wrong but the doctrine of men that is damnable heresy ... so said by God!

Isnt this possible?  

If you say yes, then I guess it is not a doctrine of Satan because I doubt Satan wants anyone to receive the gospel,of love through Christ our lord.  (I'm sure you will say no...)

anyhow, go private if not applicable to the topic of hell being eternal, please. 

Spock

As you don't mind the perverting of The Scripture then don't mind the illuminating of such
personally perceived by you! love, Steven

13 minutes ago, Shar said:

God clearly states in Daniel 12:4, that in the Last Days knowledge will INCREASE. Corinthians 13 you quote is the love passage.  This have nothing to do with knowledge passing away.  Paul simply states that even if he has all knowledge and does not have love, he has nothing.

As we are all in the finite of beginning let us understand this one thing- none of us know the infinite reality of God but by Spirit!
Knowledge that is here is with begin and faith commits to God Who has not began... God says through Paul Knowledge passes
away... your elevating a straw man as though given a reasoning together these things...  Daniel is merely showing God's prophetical
revelation of Himself through His Word- Paul is revealing the lack in us all (through knowledge) by infinite standards must pass away!
Boundary is a finite concept and endless knowledge shall not be confined to the knowledge we now posses!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, Shar said:

Another nice rebuttal Shar. Are you a lawyer?  If not, you should be. You also have the patience of Job. 

I too saw enoob's cite of 1 Cor 13 and chuckled to myself knowing that passage had nothing to do with knowledge passing away, but I chose to ignore it because I see Enoob often quotes scripture erroneously to serve his purposes (not God's) .

But you, you chose probably the better path- lovingly rebuking and correcting him of the error of his ways. That is the patience of job. (I did this once to Enoob on Rev 20:10 but I can't do this on all his scripture sites. It would take up all my time. In Fact, I've spent enough time correcting him. I need to get back to Revelation and Daniel.) 

thanks for reminding and modeling for me how to BETTER speak to our brothers, even the frustrating ones, 

spock

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Another nice rebuttal Shar. Are you a lawyer?  If not, you should be. You also have the patience of Job. 

I too saw enoob's cite of 1 Cor 13 and chuckled to myself knowing that passage had nothing to do with knowledge passing away, but I chose to ignore it because I see Enoob often quotes scripture erroneously to serve his purposes (not God's) .

But you, you chose probably the better path- lovingly rebuking and correcting him of the error of his ways. That is the patience of job. (I did this once to Enoob on Rev 20:10 but I can't do this on all his scripture sites. It would take up all my time. In Fact, I've spent enough time correcting him. I need to get back to Revelation and Daniel.) 

thanks for reminding and modeling for me how to BETTER speak to our brothers, even the frustrating ones, 

spock

Thanks Spock.  Good guess.  I did spend many years in Corporate America working in law, legal compliance, and all aspects of law.  Degreed in that discipline as well, but I am not a practicing attorney.  LOL

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

spock

let me give you the foundation upon which I know I am as God's Word 'IS' on this subject

Psalms 31:19
19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
KJV

Romans 8:18
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
KJV

1 Corinthians 2:9
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
KJV

1 Corinthians 13:12
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
KJV

2 Corinthians 4:17
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
KJV

Love, Steven

Omega man,

i reviewed this thread to see if I have not answered anyone, and I notice I omitted one of yours. It was a long one, so I will break it down, one for now, one later.

you cited Genesis 2:17

17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

spocks interpretation:

I do not believe God meant you will physically die at that moment (the moment man ate from the forbidden tree) but NOW you have a death sentence upon your head and you will now have to physically die at some point in time. 

Remember, God said in Gen 3

22And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work...

spock again:

so, man was to get out of the garden so that you won't eat from the tree that will cause you to live forever. This proves to me that man was not born with the gift of immortality because he would acquire this only when he ate of the tree of life.   Likewise, believers acquire this right. (God says this specifically and clearly.  He does not say the losties acquire eternal life specifically and clearly in any passage I know of or has been cited to me. One may possibly infer this, like you have, but it is not clearly written like this passage shows to remove all doubt and confusion.) 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

1 Corinthians 15:26   The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

23 hours ago, Spock said:

Hell (Hades) is thrown into the lake of Fire.   What happens to hell when it is thrown into the lake of fire. 

Do you not think it burns up to nothing?  Or do you believe this fire is eternal? 

No. I don't believe Hell is burned up into nothing.  Eternal means unchanging.  As the bush burned without being consumed I say there is much we do not understand. 

7 hours ago, Cletus said:

Multiple places in scripture hell is referred to as being "down"  "in the earth" "under our feet" and so on.  Keep in mind The Book says there will be a new heaven and a new earth.... with no hell "under"  Earth as we know it is going to "pass away" If you study the link in another post of mine where I quoted you, you will find all the scripture reference you need to explain this thoroughly.  I would also encourage you to study what I posted in another post to you about the greek phrases.  Get yourself a program with multiple versions of bibles, including in greek, and a search feature.  Google works too.  personally I like esword.  Other people detest it.  The bible clearly says hell is forever and if you want to try to say "no no, this is what this says and this means that" with other believers thats fine, but truly your argument is with The  written Word of God.  Just try open mindedly and prayerfully studying this out.  Ask God to reveal the truth to you.  What I told you in another post should be sufficient to know that hell and the lake of fire and death and punishment is without end, not even for a second in forever and ever.  Just ask yourself what does ages of ages mean... it sure dont mean burnt up and gone forever. 

Sometimes we dont like the truth and we must accept it.  And sometimes its hard to fathom that The One who is Love, and is full of grace and mercy and whose lovingkindness is better than life itself, would be willing to send anyone to a place so horrible.  But the truth is man made league with the serpent.  Sin.  What God hates came into the part of creation God wanted to be most intimate with... His very own people.  The truth is man was given a chance to avoid the eternal punishment God intended for the angels that rebelled and chose not to serve Him.  Its for that reason any person goes to eternal damnation.  A choice.  Now I am not saying you are going to hell, but you are making a choice to not observe what others are telling you The Bible says.  Check it out.  The words in The Book have a way of changing us.  Happy hunting!!!

;)

Cletus,

thanks for this informative post and for the link. I will read the link when I get some free time. Right now, my priority has turned to Daniel, Revelation, and the Day of the Lord.  My weekend is limited with time and to be honest, I spent more time talking about hell this morning than I wanted to. I'm much much more concerned about prophecy.

like I said, I really don't care what anyone believes regarding the duration of hell (not meant to be offensive) but I only care what the spirit reveals to me through scripture.  Right now, it has been revealed to be that hell is finite and not infinite. I'm comfortable in this belief, and honestly am not that open minded to change back. 

I respect your right and anyone else's right to believe as you see fit.  When I will face him at the Bema Seat judgment he can tell me I blew this one, if that be the case. I'm sure this won't be the only "doctrine" I Blew. :)

As you can see, My time on this thread grows smaller and smaller (back to Daniel 8),

spock