IGNORED

Could America (NYC) be the great harlot...

Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

33 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

How widespread among the world's nations is Catholicism? How many foreign embassies does the Vatican have? How many Catholics are there, providing the funds to supply the material goods for cathedrals and parishes and priests and the Vatican and all of its agencies? If all of that commerce came to an end, wouldn't that church's suppliers weep and wail? Doesn't that church condone (at the very least) the "veneration" of statues/images of saints, and prayer to them? Isn't this a form of polytheism, the doctrine first promulgated by Nimrod from Babel, in direct rebellion against the sole worship of the One God? What part of this don't you get?

Who are all the harlot daughters of this church, if not all of those denominations that departed from it, but kept many of its practices?

What is the problem? Could not the destruction of Vatican City (with or without Rome) fulfill this verse? Haven't that church's own visionaries seen just such a violent and bloody destruction?

Hi WilliamL,

The Catholic Organisation, (can't bring myself to call it `Church,` the called out ones), is NOT the greatest religious system over all the other religious systems of the world. It is NOT the `Mother.` All other religions do NOT bow to it.

I would say the Moslems are greater in number than the Catholics.

Marilyn. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Close enough to fit what description? Nothing in Rev. 17-18 says the Harlot City is on or near a seacoast.

Rev 18:17-19
 And every shipmaster and every passenger and sailor, and as many as make their living by the sea, stood at a distance, 18 and were crying out as they saw the smoke of her burning, saying,' What city is like the great city?'
NASB

I suppose I considered these people looking on from their ships...  I had always heard it has to be a port city......   I'll go back into my man-cave now...

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi WilliamL,

The Catholic Organisation, (can't bring myself to call it `Church,` the called out ones), is NOT the greatest religious system over all the other religious systems of the world. It is NOT the `Mother.` All other religions do NOT bow to it.

Marilyn. 

The pope seems to be working on that though.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, other one said:

The pope seems to be working on that though.

Hi other one,

The Pope, as far as I can see, is working on getting all the religions to join hands around the table UNDER the `Mother` religion. Catholicism is just an underling, one of the harlots, but not the Mother. So who is the `Mother harlot,` the mystery, the hidden religion that has power over all the religions of the world, yet doesn`t look like a religion?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

yes, yes, yes, yesssssss!!! Now we are getting somewhere. I'm loving reading the different viewpoints people are sharing here. Keep them coming folks.

tomorrow, I will add a few more verses for us to chew on. In the meantime, it's time for my beauty sleep. Thanks to all who shared commentary on this thread- especially, Marilyn, William, and OO. 

59 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi other one,

The Pope, as far as I can see, is working on getting all the religions to join hands around the table UNDER the `Mother` religion. Catholicism is just an underling, one of the harlots, but not the Mother. So who is the `Mother harlot,` the mystery, the hidden religion that has power over all the religions of the world, yet doesn`t look like a religion?

Marilyn.

that would be the New Age Religion..... I took a hydroxyzine antihistamine about 20 minutes ago and am much too sleepy to explain.  Stuff is like taking 4 Benedril tablets.  Tomorrow....  if I wake.

Eyes nearly swelled shut from Cedar Tree pollen.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Babylon is the one world system ruled by satan

We will have a nwo,it shall receive the deadly wound,when satan gets kicked out of Heaven he will heal that wound at which time we will go to a one world religous system which is the whore.....

This is why we are told to come out of her

Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,141
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Roman Catholicism has always considered itself the Mother Church. Most Protestant churches derived their original ministerial authority from it. Orthodoxy came from the same Ecumenical Council roots, including the Seventh, which sanctioned the veneration of images. Add up the numbers of these bodies and they far outnumber those of the Moslems, which are divided among warring Shia and Sunni factions.

As far as saying "All other religions do NOT bow to it," Revelation says no such thing about the Great Harlot.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

and also,  what abomination has been in bed with all the leaders of all the nations ? (including the usa)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,141
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

13 hours ago, other one said:

Rev 18:17-19
 And every shipmaster and every passenger and sailor, and as many as make their living by the sea, stood at a distance, 18 and were crying out as they saw the smoke of her burning, saying,' What city is like the great city?'
NASB

I suppose I considered these people looking on from their ships...  I had always heard it has to be a port city......   I'll go back into my man-cave now...

Beware of suppositions, which fill the eschatology section of bookstores. We all saw the smoke of the burning of the Twin Towers.