Dandelion88

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello. I am wondering if demonic oppression can be somehow passed down through bloodlines or target a specific family. I have tried searching around online but the results have varied quite a bit with a lot of 'interesting' videos and such. I wanted to just talk to some actual people in the end and so I searched for forums that are okay with non-religious people asking questions. 

This is the background information that has lead me to wondering about this:

There have been a lot of issues in both of my bloodlines (paternal and maternal, but especially the paternal line) that in present day are considered to be mental health issues, but some things don't fit quite right, and I haven't had any luck with treatment for my own issues over the years (am 27 now). 

This is going to be long, apologies, but I never have anyone to talk about this stuff with who I don't think will call me crazy or otherwise mock/judge me.

The furthest back I know about on my father's side is my great grandfather. He was harassed by voices telling him to harm others, especially his own family. He committed suicide because he was afraid that he would wind up harming his family due to the voices. He was never diagnosed with schizophrenia, though, and in fact was still holding down a steady job (construction) at the time of his death. His daughter was my paternal grandmother, who has also always been able to function in society, however she would get "attacks" and would scream and lock herself in her room at times. She joined an evangelical church at some point and from then on would never leave her house except to go to church, and the attacks ceased at some point. She has also never been evaluated by a psych professional. Her husband, my paternal grandfather, is similar, in that he has always functioned well in terms of employment, socializing in public and so on, but he has a history of "anger attacks" in which he would become violent and raging out of nowhere, and also isolate himself for weeks at a time. They had three children, my father, uncle and aunt, and all of them have had serious issues, but my father's issues have been the worst by far over the years. Yet for most of his life, it was the same. He held down a job, could appear perfectly normal in public, took care of maintenance around the house, etc. But sometimes it was like he was "possessed" and he would become very violent, perverse and crazy, and would have a wild but dead look in his eyes, very predatory. He was very abusive, and he also traumatized me in regards to religion when I was a child, because he often used religion (the whole family is religious) to justify his abuse. He also taught me that it was blasphemy to think that God would ever do anything kind for me. I once caught a baby turtle, and it was in a place that was an unlikely spot for a baby turtle, and I loved turtles, and so I thought that God had given me the turtle as a gift, and when my father heard this, he became immediately angry and threatened and shamed me for thinking what I did. As a child I didn't analyze all of this very much, but as an adult looking back on it all, it is disturbing and strange. He eventually became an alcoholic and developed alcohol dementia, and became homeless. He always refuses any help (like finding him a rehab center who will accept him) and gets nasty of attitude with others who want to help, I don't even know where he is right now because once again he has run away to be homeless and drunk.

For my mother's side, my great grandmother was wild and malignant/manipulative, she often had affairs with married men and tried to be a home wrecker. One of these affairs resulted in my grandmother. My grandmother also seemed to be harassed by something and turned to religion for help. She became very religious. However to this day, she hears the voices of both demons and angels (according to her), and also claims to have seen angels. Some psych professionals would consider some of her experiences to have been psychosis, but again she has always been able to function, work, be social, etc and doesn't engage in any destructive behaviors. My grandfather seems to be completely normal and is a total sweetheart. They had three children, my mother, and then another uncle and aunt. My uncle hasn't shown any signs of issues, nor has my aunt. My mother is a bit narcissistic but overall very high-functioning. She was religious when she met my father as high school "sweet hearts", but was also traumatized away from religion by my father / her husband.

Well now I have also been dealing with strange and horrible things for years, and have been through the mental health system multiple times with no luck as far as getting better. Recently I have been thinking about my experiences, my family history and my upbringing regarding religion. I think the church we grew up in may have been corrupted. This is going to sound nuts, I had a hard time talking about it even to a therapist. But for one I was never baptized like the other children and for no apparent reason. I was treated like an outcast for the most part but didn't understand why. My father's views on religion were very warped (that I can see in retrospect) such as trying to justify racism using the Bible, as one of many examples. However his parents (my grandparents) held high sway and leadership in the church. They also did an animal sacrifice every spring, where they sacrificed a large pig from a local farm, but I can't remember why we did this. They made it into a party with games, and since I was a kid, I mostly just remember the games, to be honest. 

Plus, my two sets of grandparents tried to arrange to have their three children (each) marry each other, as though they wanted to merge the bloodlines completely. Like my mother's brother married my father's sister out of pressure, but the youngest set, my mother's sister and my father's brother, both wound up leaving the state as soon as they were able and never came back.

I considered all of this stuff to be the results of mental illness and such, until I started to develop the issues, myself. Even though it's very creepy and stressful, I am able to understand a lot more what my father and other family members may have been experiencing. I get voices inside of my mind that are very antagonizing, and I also get intrusive images in my mind often of things that are just horrible, I don't even want to go into details about it, but it's just horrible and I don't understand how my brain even comes up with these things. There was one thing that I thought my mind had made up completely, but weeks later by chance I stumbled upon it online and realized that it was real, and that really shook me up wondering how did I know about it when I didn't know about it. I also get strong obsessions with supernatural things and wind up feeling completely nuts. I also often feel like there is something attached to me and watching me, something malignant, and sometimes I feel like I am being physically influenced, like it will feel like something is gripping my shoulder very hard, or parts of my body will get burning sensations.

Now I consider myself pretty rational and open-minded, so when I was told that I have a mental illness, I was basically like yeahp, makes sense, runs in the family. But over the years I have noticed that what I experience is not like stereotypical mental illness. For one, I always have insight when it is happening, and I am able to reality test and walk/talk myself through it. I also have insight/awareness in that most people wouldn't believe what I experience or would just think it is crazy, so I know enough not to talk about it with people (aside from professionals) and also not to let any behaviors of mine reflect my disturbances in front of others. Also when I interact with the entities, they are intelligent and make sense. They often want to debate deeper things but their views are more psychopathic in nature. They also try to motivate me to harm my loved ones, which always makes me thing of my great grandfather would committed suicide. In addition, I've never really had any super out-there stereotypical psychotic beliefs, I just experience antagonism, harassment and so on from perceived entities. Sometimes I get worn down by them and I can feel my personality and thoughts start shifting. One therapist thought this was DID/alters but that didn't fit me, either, unless my entire "DID system" was a bunch of evil sickos who make no effort to hide themselves from me, which isn't typical for DID. I also haven't been responsive to medications or "EMDR" and such. I have also seen them looking at me through my own eyes in the mirror, not any Hollywood crap, but just seeing them in terms of like, seeing that it's not my soul in the mirror, in my eyes, and that it is malignant. It has been so frustrating and confusing.

All of this has made me think of all the people in my family who had these severe mental health symptoms, yet were able to function without any medication or anything, with the exception of my father when he turned to drinking and damaged his brain. 

I've just had the notion nagging me lately that this is something that is more spiritual in nature, and that may be haunting my entire bloodline. 

Even though I haven't been religious since my childhood, I have had the thought like, "Even if it might not be real, what is the harm in trying something like being saved or baptized?" But the problem is that I literally can't even go that route. If I were to try to talk to God, my throat would seize up. Even trying to read about this stuff makes me feel like something is grabbing the muscles in my neck/shoulder and I get burning sensations. I would feel terrified to go to a church. I feel like if God exists then he probably hates me. I think this was confirmed because I read that if you blaspheme against God it is game-over, and when I was a kid, in a moment of anger over my father, I said something that was definitely blaspheme against God. The entities remind me of this frequently and that I cannot be "saved". 

Sorry this was so long and all over the place. If you read all that, thank you so much for your patience. Do you think this sounds like a possible spiritual/demonic problem? I feel so lost and confused at this point in my life and don't know what to believe, I feel a combination of numb and scared most of the time. What would you advise a person to do if they literally can't pray or say anything out-loud against demons, or anything like that, do to a paralyzing, seizing fear? Also do you think it's true that I could never be saved now, since I verbally lashed out in anger against God when I was a child (and it was some foul language)?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, Don't Look To Demons And Relationships And The Past

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

But Call Upon The LORD

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalms 18:2

And Thou Shall

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

Be Saved

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Jeremiah 17:14

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

To answer your question, yes demonic activity does sometimes follow bloodlines. It isn't genetic though, but by association.  If they are around your parents you are exposed to them too. It's kind of simplistic really.

A big however here though, because mental illness does sometimes run in families, care has to be taken in how you deal with it. If you are mentally ill, what most people would try and do to help could do you much harm. Not knowing you except from this post I have to also wonder if in the he past some of these others may have abused you....  if so there is  usually time periods in your life that you can't account for time wise, or people tell you important things you can't recall that you should.  If that is the case very specialized help can be needed.

Whichever the case you need to take it directly to Jesus.  If it is demonic, just running them off will do you no good in the long term without bringing the Holy Spirit into your life to keep you protected...  it really makes them mad when that happens.

You can start by setting back and ponder about it and when you are sure just speak out verbally that you want to turn your whole life over to Jesus.   Ask him for help.  Ask him to protect you from the evil ones and remember that Jesus himself prayed to the Father that we would be protected from him.

Any long term resolution starts with you being born again as a Christian and that is of the utmost importance.......   and that is something you and only you can do, but you could do that right now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

Hi Dandelion88;

Welcome To Worthy :emot-wanttohug:

Thank you for sharing your story.

Help can be found in Christ Jesus, by asking Him to help you, to forgive you and , to ask Him to come make a home in your heart, by bringing His Holy Spirit to come live in your heart. This way, you will be be protected from possession and if you have oppressive spirits, by seeking Gods help and direction on a daily basis, the Holy Spirit of God will be able to direct your path in the right direction, by working in your heart. By turning to God, God will break all generational curses and will also break oppressive spirits from trying to control your life.

Begin your relationship with God today.: Just talk to Him, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, the God of Goodness, Light and Love,. (I John ch.1)

Tell Him, speak to God that you want a relationship with Him, and you want Him to be your Father always.

Ask Him to help to show you how.

Start by reading the Holy bible for yourself. The book of John is a great place to begin.

That is were I began with cultivating my relationship with God.

From what you write, you definitely came from a dysfunctional home, with a lot of "crazy making".

You're not alone.

Good news: God can fix things, all things that were broken from generations past in your family and restore your soul to what it was always intended to be.: Whole and free from the chains of sin.

And yes there is such a thing as generational curses and sins of the fathers brought on to their children in next generations.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/generational_curses

The above gives you many bible verses that mention generational curses.

(All this can be found in the Holy bible.)

From one mans sin (Adam/Eve), the sin goes unto all generations.

Christ Jesus came to break us free from the chains of sin. Hallelujah !

Without God in the lives of people, all kinds of sicknesses come about, all kinds of oppression, and possessions can happen.

The goods new: God sent His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, to restore what satan through the fist sin of Adam and Eve, tries to take away from God.

Dandellion88, you are truly blessed by God, because he has given your heart a thirst to find Him.

That is your antidote, your cure, your restoration from what satan has been trying to take away from you.

About the entities watching you, with God as your protector, you have nothing to fear. Just calmly watch them and don't react to them, just plead the Blood of Jesus over your life and they will flee. Resent not, just watch them calmly,resist them by calling on the name of the Lord  and they will flee. Release all resentments to God, resentments can fuel sin to blossom. Let go of resentments, let God be the judge. He will take care of you, just bring every concern you have to God, and let go of wanting to judge or control on your own without Gods help over any situation.

When you decide to truly give your heart to God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, who shed Hid blood to buy us back from sin, (Isaiah 53) from what satan tried to steal away from man and from God since the garden of Eden, ask God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, to take all your sins to the cross and nail them there with Christ Jesus, ask God to take away ALL generations curses that were placed on both sides of your family and place them also on the cross with all the other sins Christ Jesus died, paid the penalty for,  so to set us free, to make you a free and new creation born of the Spirit of God.

If the Son of God has set you free, you shall be free indeed. Hallelujah

John 8:36

The Truth will Set You Free
35"The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 36"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. 37"I know that you are Abraham's descendants; yet you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.

If you keep seeking God with all your heart and soul Dandellion88, God if faithful to His Word and will not forsake you, but restore you to the child of God you were always meant to be. And that is a free man with the peace of the Lord living inside you always.

Do Not Worry

Matthew 6:33

32"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanks giving, let your request be made known to God

Psalm 91: 1-6

-1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High.

Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

-2  I will say of the Lord,

He is my refuge and my fortress;

My God in Him I will trust

-3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler

And from the perilous pestilence.

-4 He shall cover you with His feathers,

And under Hid wings you shall take refuge;

-5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night

Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

-6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,

Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Psalm 30:1-4, 

"I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up,

and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me

O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive,

that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, 

and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness."

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against me shall prosper

Psalm 107:29

He sent His Word and healed them

And deliver4ed them from their destruction

Song:

My Savior Loves, My Savior lives, my Savior is always there for me.

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands One who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me, this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior loves, my Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God He was, my God He is
My God He's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior lives, my Savior loves
My Savior lives, my Savior loves
My Savior lives

You can find this song  by Aron Shust on you tube

May God send direct to your heart Dandillion88 His full His plan of Mercy and Grace , in the redeeming Blood of Christ Jesus I pray this for you. Amen! Amen! Amen1

Song of praise : He reigns by newsboys ( can be found on you tube)

Psalm 97:1

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad;let the distant shores rejoice.

Amen!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2/10/2016 at 0:11 AM, Dandelion88 said:

and he also traumatized me in regards to religion when I was a child, because he often used religion (the whole family is religious) to justify his abuse.

My grandmother also seemed to be harassed by something and turned to religion for help. She became very religious. However to this day, she hears the voices of both demons and angels (according to her), and also claims to have seen angels.

and my upbringing regarding religion. I think the church we grew up in may have been corrupted.

I've just had the notion nagging me lately that this is something that is more spiritual in nature, and that may be haunting my entire bloodline. 

Even though I haven't been religious since my childhood,

I feel like if God exists then he probably hates me. I think this was confirmed because I read that if you blaspheme against God it is game-over, and when I was a kid, in a moment of anger over my father, I said something that was definitely blaspheme against God.

Do you think this sounds like a possible spiritual/demonic problem?

I feel so lost and confused at this point in my life and don't know what to believe, I feel a combination of numb and scared most of the time.

Demons will quickly point to religion as the answer to your problems. Being religious is simply a repetitive act... and a  relationship with Jesus Christ has nothing to do with this. In a relationship you're speaking with and relying on Him daily for guidance during your problem at the exact moment. This requires seeking Him and most importantly responding to Him as He leads you by the Holy Spirit. Now you're faced as to whether you've received the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit always points to Jesus Christ... what did Jesus say? All of it is recorded in Scripture and it all deals with everyday life. We can read all we want and listening to all we want but do we apply it because we believe Jesus? Well that requires faith. God Himself says that we are saved by faith.

Look closely at the Scriptures that FrensoJoe posted.....seek the Lord.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Wait,  the "church" you grew up in sacrificed a pig every spring?

You were refused baptism?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/10/2016 at 0:11 AM, Dandelion88 said:

1. Do you think this sounds like a possible spiritual/demonic problem?

2. I feel so lost and confused at this point in my life and don't know what to believe, I feel a combination of numb and scared most of the time. What would you advise a person to do if they literally can't pray or say anything out-loud against demons, or anything like that, do to a paralyzing, seizing fear?

3. Also do you think it's true that I could never be saved now, since I verbally lashed out in anger against God when I was a child (and it was some foul language)?

1. We all have a roaring lion of an enemy roaming around seeking who he may devour. I love Romans 10:13 "For whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  When we look to the power and majesty of the one who is protecting us and given us promises then we know the enemies pursuing us are doomed to failure in all their efforts against us. Families pass on a lot of false belief systems. What I mean by false beliefs is believing If this happens it means that. An example of a common false belief is "If I really want something and put an effort into achieving a goal the fact that I want it means it will be taken away from me" this false believe becomes an obstacle for pursuing good things that will keep Joy and direction in our life. We have a new counsel to us when we call upon the Lord Jesus and read His words. We learn what is good to believe, what is truth and what is right, what is noble, what is pure. That is why we have to renew our mind in the word. The word of truth breaks down all the obstacles of the false belief system we inherit from our families. We all have spiritual attacks and demonic melting in our thoughts, lives, counsel from people. But, its not anything that isn't common to all men. As we read the word and commune with the Lords Spirit we learn to discern His voice from the messengers of satan. Paul had a messenger of satan that plagued Him. He asked the Lord to remove it but the Lord said he allowed it to keep Paul humble because pride may of been something paul inherited. So the messenger was to protect paul from his flesh inherited issue that would separate him from the Lords purpose of Salvation. As we learn The Lords voice the Holy Spirit is actually working in us to make spiritual ears that listen to the truth and ignore all the lies. It is a process of walking with Him it is Not usually a miraculous work. All of us are damaged in some way but that doesn't keep the Lords promises from being fulfilled in us.

2. I would say The Lord is able to save and He is able to save you. Call on his name internally when you are under attack find that place out of your head that is in your heart where you know that the Lord loves you and died to give you life because he saw your distress and He loves you. When the storm passes ask the Lord to pray for you. What ever he speaks is done and as our high priest he prays for us when we go to Him with our needs and our fears, then read bible verses that express his love for you not verses about His judgment on the rebellious. 

3. I'm pretty sure the scripture that is causing you fear of judgment and hiding from your mind how much God loves you is Jesus saying "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven". I think because you believe at some level that you have done this unforgivable thing at some level your mind may be blinded to how much Christ loves you and how much he has done to show you he loves you and how much He will do to save you. So without knowing Christs love the enemy can magnify the judgment of God on you and torture your precious mind.   Matthew 12:31,Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not b. As long as we hold this against ourselves  it is really hard to know the peace and blessed assurance of the lords promises of salvation and covering of our sins. We have to know the Lord forgives all our sins and is making us new and those old thing as covered by Him and God does not see the sin of our flesh but he sees the righteousness of Christ at work in us through the Holy Spirit. See? you think you may be guilty of blasphemy. But, if you confess "Jesus I was/am guilty of blasphemy. Forgive me". Then you receive His promise of every sin and blasphemy being forgiven. When you pray that inside or with your mouth then your blasphemy and sins are covered and forgiven with all the other blasphemy's inside Christ separated and sealed by the Holy Spirit and the blood of Christ away from our record in heaven. You can have confidence when you call on the Lord it is the first part of that verse applies to you not the second. There are 2 things I would want to encourage you with so you can lay down your fear of that judgment:

a. Paul was conveniences the Spirit at work among christians was a blasphemy against God. He not only spoke against it he was on his way to damascus to have people killed and imprisoned for it. Yet there was Jesus blocking the path of Paul ready to show Paul he is the Lord and that he loved Paul and all those people Paul was on his way to persecute. The Lord blinded Paul (isn't that a supposable curse from God?) so Paul could really see. Pauls path was corrected. The Lord is correcting your path to save you too because he Loves you without measure. Read acts 9 and ask the Lord to help you believe He wants to save you not condemn you and what you believe "about" blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a false belief.

b. Before We mature in Christ we are all infants, babies, children. The Lord knows our beginning He knows our immaturity, He even knows sometimes we are down right full of stupidity. He knows these thing about all of us but he still loves us more then we can even imagine. 1 cor 13 tells us:

When I was a child,
I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child,
I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man,
I put aside childish things.

Childishness is not reserved for the young in age. It is place of saying and doing thing with no understanding or knowledge. You spoke childish things and that is not unforgivable cause If you understood how much The Lord loves you and you had knowledge of how much he has done, is doing and will do to make a good place for you in eternity with him you wouldn't be able to curse God. We can only blasphemy when we know the truth and then choose to bare a false witness against it or curse Gods work. Please read all 1 corinthians 13 and realize this is not given for us to measure ourselves to see how far we fall short. These words are to reassure us that God has chosen the superior way of love to deal with our flesh/demons/world and these words show us his exact intention toward us and attitude towards us. 

Now look at that. I think I wrote more then you. Me prayers are with you and I pray Romans 5:5 will dwell in you richly. It's not about getting all the bad cast out of us or paying for all our evil (The Lord payed our bill). It is about Jesus filling us by His Holy Spirit to overflowing with the good things of God. His filling us starts right here, "We love because he first loved us". Let His word show you how much he loves you, He chose love to cover all that stuff in his word he hates.

Edited by Reinitin

Thank you for all of your replies. I have a lot of thoughts/feelings to sort through and not many words in response, but wanted you all to know that I read your replies and appreciate them.

17 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Wait,  the "church" you grew up in sacrificed a pig every spring?

You were refused baptism?

Yes but at the time I was a kid and just accepted everything as it was, everything was "normal" to me in that kid-like way, I didn't question things. But as an adult looking back I think it was a corrupt place, or at least a church that had corruption in it. I inquired about being baptized as a kid but was always told I wasn't ready or worthy of it yet, but was never told why, and it just never happened, even though some other kids who even younger than me at times had been baptized. Like I said it was like I was an outcast but I didn't understand why, like there was something just inherently defective or wrong about me that other people could see that I couldn't, or at least that is how I wound up feeling a lot. The sacrifice in Spring like I said was of a large pig or "hog" and took place in the woods near the church, but was mostly for the adults, and the children were given games with prizes on the other side of the building, so I never really understood the purpose of it all. There was a "youth group" I tried to join when I was 14 that met with adult leaders on Wednesday nights, but again I felt like I was some sort of outsider and got a vibe like I didn't belong and wasn't wanted, and the one night I went they had a bonfire to make sacrifices to Jesus, a girl I knew from school threw a large stuffed animal bunny into the fire that she had had since early childhood. It was just too freakish to me and did not feel right, I went never back.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/02/2016 at 11:11 PM, Dandelion88 said:

Hello. I am wondering if demonic oppression can be somehow passed down through bloodlines or target a specific family.

"Not bloodlines" but possibly the influence of previous members of the family (including books and artifacts connected with the occult). When you study the kings of Judah in the Bible you will see that extremely wicked and idolatrous fathers produced godly sons, and vice versa. So "bloodlines" can be excluded.