• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I believe what you need to do is stop confessing all this negativity in your life.  The Bible says power of life and death is in the tongue.  What we speak can be very powerful in our lives.  If you continue to speak death into your life that is what your going to get, if you speak life and the Word of God you will become positive and your thought life healthy.

Hi Rusty Angel,

I think I have heard something like this before, but I cant remember where.  I am familiar with the verse you referenced, proverbs 18:21, but this idea that if we speak negatively, we are literally speaking death into our lives is what I am curious about.  I was wondering if you could help me find where this is at in the scriptures.

Blessings!

Travis

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, Refined said:

I think I have heard something like this before, but I cant remember where.  I am familiar with the verse you referenced, proverbs 18:21, but this idea that if we speak negatively, we are literally speaking death into our lives is what I am curious about.  I was wondering if you could help me find where this is at in the scriptures.

:emot-heartbeat:

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:4-9 (English Standard Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:15 AM, existential mabel said:

i am not sure if i can post here as yet but i do have a question regarding prayer. i find it so hard to pray. and just cant get beyond the thought that i am talking to myself and anyway God knows all about me so why do i need to tell him? and the thing i need prayer for and have asked other people to pray for me is the anxiety and depression. the locusts have just about eaten their fill of my life. if God cant help with this then at least i can move away and carry on as i am i guess. thanks

Gods desire for us is to reason with Him in truth... once we begin to take in His Word we begin faith in us

Heb 11:1-3

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

What we have first been born into was all that we know and are... 'sin' and sin is made up of lies that pervert the truth.
Everyone here (world) if they haven't come to the place of repentance = realizing sin and knowing by God's Word that
God has never lied nor ever will remains in that sin. You may say why repentance :noidea:  because truth and lie cannot
be put together ever or else it is no longer truth. Therefore God has designed a way for man who is lie to come to the
truth and not defile it with the lie that they are... it is called being 'born again'. When a person realizes the emptiness of
lie and turns to God through His Word agreeing that what they are and where they are is lie and ask for Him to make
a new life within them that is truth... being called opening your hearts (being) to Jesus Who 'IS' the doorway of Heaven.

Rv 3:20-22

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
KJV

When you have passed this way into life you no longer demand the corporeal aspect of verifying that which 'IS'. Your
sensual interpretation of reality no longer is required for you believe in God Who 'IS' Spirit and by faith apart from
your demands of 1st born interpretation of what is and what is not now relies on God and what He has said in His Word
as foundation for what was, is and will be reality... 
The born again person is at war with his fleshly body and the world in which it engages in death. You can no longer be
alone for God is always with you because He says so! Prayer, which to the body seems like fake but to the inward presence
of God Who 'IS' Spirit and those Who have this indwelling, would be as natural as addressing anyone else in your presence...
The simple understanding is that God Who is perfectly Holy chooses a pathway where sin cannot continue in- no lie can
walk upon the pathway of faith that is generated by God's Word / it is truly walking out of this world into the next with
total reliance upon God and His Word in doing so :thumbsup:  Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Refined said:

Hi Rusty Angel,

Blessings!

Travis

As a man believes in his heart so is he? Is a scripture that would apply. If we believe ourselves to be victims of our circumstances then we become victims of our circumstances. There is a lot of wisdom in when life gives us lemons make lemon aid. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The simple understanding is that God Who is perfectly Holy chooses a pathway where sin cannot continue in- no lie can
walk upon the pathway of faith that is generated by God's Word / it is truly walking out of this world into the next with
total reliance upon God and His Word in doing so

Enoob57 – I am reading the bible each and every day (when I can ) been doing this since May 2014. “faith in us,” that is interesting. I would like some of that. It is called being 'born again'.

When a person realizes the emptiness of lie and turns to God through His Word agreeing that what they are and where they are is lie and ask for Him to make a new life within them that is truth... being called opening your hearts (being) to Jesus Who 'IS' the doorway of Heaven.

I am born again so I am confused why am I so negative still? I do my best to weed out negative influences and yet here I am stuck with it still.

And I would say that I am definitely at war with the fleshly body and the world. Just sometimes I have this peace but not very often.

I do like the bit where you say ,” The simple understanding is that God Who is perfectly Holy chooses a pathway where sin cannot continue in- no lie can walk upon the pathway of faith that is generated by God's Word / it is truly walking out of this world into the next with
total reliance upon God and His Word in doing so” that feels so positive and gives me hope and is very encouraging

i couldnt undo the bit at the top sorry! many thanks Mabel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

RustyAngeL Yes what you say in your post makes sense however how to apply it Is the issue. When all around me family, church, the media, society, etc are negative. Truth be told I just don’t know how to be anything other than this. And that is why I am looking to this forum to find a new way of being and I am told that God can work miracles and I reckon I am in much need of a miracle regarding the anxiety and depression.

unless and until I have healing with the anxiety and depression which I have had all my life.I have tried many different things. I am a ship without a rudder. 0bviously from your post I am not winning this battle and i ask that people have some patience with me and dare I ask for lots of prayer into this. I can only express what I am experiencing and some guidance is needed as this is s0 not working and takes some courage on my part to ask for.

Reinitin- 0k thanks for the prayer. Yes I make the deliberate use of the word the rather than the word my.

Marilyn C – yes the emotions can’t live with and cant live without them. I constantly keep myself busy in a bid to STOP thinking. Yes structure is good as it gets me through.

Not sure what you mean by working with Him. I have tried my utmost not to be depressed by keeping busy to STOP thinking. That is what I have been doing lately however it does not help with other things. 0 dear just clueless really.

Faithof04-for me I need peace and someone once told me that that was prayer. I hope so because I need peace. words just fill my head with clutter.

I just don’t get, “seek Him.” What does this mean? I have limited understanding in so many areas. I tired of pretending that I know things when I don’t and this means that I keep staying stuck.

Refined – How do I know that I am a righteous person?

What you say is so right regarding prayer

a collective big thanks to you all that have taken the time to read and respond to my posts. :)

NB Worthy Christian Forum I feel I need to say to people who read my posts that I have not been able to ask questions like this before. I ask questions because it helps me. I feel like I am starting at the beginning.  

For me I have to get a feeling first before I understand something. Which is somewhat frustrating. (dyslexia regarding comprehension) It is strange because when I talk much later on regarding something I  realise that have learnt something. I think gosh where did that come from!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Enoob57 – I am reading the bible each and every day (when I can ) been doing this since May 2014. “faith in us,” that is interesting. I would like some of that. It is called being 'born again'.

When a person realizes the emptiness of lie and turns to God through His Word agreeing that what they are and where they are is lie and ask for Him to make a new life within them that is truth... being called opening your hearts (being) to Jesus Who 'IS' the doorway of Heaven.

I am born again so I am confused why am I so negative still? I do my best to weed out negative influences and yet here I am stuck with it still.

And I would say that I am definitely at war with the fleshly body and the world. Just sometimes I have this peace but not very often.

I do like the bit where you say ,” The simple understanding is that God Who is perfectly Holy chooses a pathway where sin cannot continue in- no lie can walk upon the pathway of faith that is generated by God's Word / it is truly walking out of this world into the next with
total reliance upon God and His Word in doing so” that feels so positive and gives me hope and is very encouraging

i couldnt undo the bit at the top sorry! many thanks Mabel

I will pray for you loved one... Steven

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi mabel,

I so like it that you want to be real. People used to say to me `Just look to Jesus.` Well what did that mean? Just words to me at the time. As regards `positive & negative,` which has come up a bit in posts, that really is the world`s mantra. We need to be real & that means facing things that are difficult. Just to be `positive` as some would say is really just putting a cover on things.

So you asked what I meant by `working with the Lord.` And I really should have explained it for you, sorry about that. OK. Now what I believe that means is as we go about our daily lives, that the Lord is there with us & will `nudge` us with regards to a certain thing. It usually is an attitude we need to address, as to why we are thinking that. Yes we have so much to address, but like children in a class you can`t teach the beginners the 6 times table. The teacher needs to teach what is appropriate for that age. So it is in God`s `class room,` He will show us one thing at a time.

Once we get used to `listening` to that `nudge` or an awareness that I need to look at something, then talk about it to Him, & bit by bit He will bring other thoughts to your mind that will help you work through that `problem.`

Keep at it, sis, it will get better.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Psalm 13

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
    Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
    and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

Psalm 46:10New International Version (NIV)

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

psalm 46:1

But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:44 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi mabel,

Nice to meet you & share my thoughts on prayer. Praying, talking to God helps US to hear out own hearts. We need to get thoughts spoken so they are not a jumble of random words. So speak out those sentences or even just one. It takes time to build a relationship of trust & God knows all about you, but is not going to manipulate you. It is a relationship step by step.

So, as I said, start small, one sentence today, a few tomorrow. You`ll begin to see what is in your own heart & then after a while you`ll see what God is revealing to you.

Be patient, be expectant, God is careful.

Marilyn.   

Amen , well said .