IGNORED

how to be humble?

preciouspearl

Guest Teditis

I think that people with artistic talents have a hard row to hoe... they work that they do can be viewed as secondary to

the "real" things in life. And they can also be viewed as some supreme superlative inside cliques. So there's a double-edged

sword that can cut from both sides.

Still, God gives us these talents and the love to do them, so there should be no shame in our sharing them as long as they're

kept in the perspective that it's a gift from God and meant to bring Glory to Him. Compliments should be seen as something akin

to God letting us know that our talent is being used in such a way as to move people. So just keep your focus on honoring God

with the Gift that He gave and don't hide that Light under a basket... let it shine. It should bring you joy as you share it and as

previously stated, God will convict you as you inevitably stray off the path once and a while.

Guest Teditis
3 hours ago, preciouspearl said:

i dont know what to do. i feel torn and worthless. i told my sister i feel left out cos i hae a friend doing a little mini easter presentation at her church.

i said i wish i could do stuff again and she said be in the kids choir. im 28. she said to suggest ladies choir. no i just started going back to my moms church since october

then she said she said she doesnt think it should be my main goal (never said it was my main goal) and she thinks its stupid for people to do that stuff in church cos we are supposed to worship and praise God.

she asked me why i want to do it....

i dont know

This sounds to me of the wrong type of person that you want to go to for wise counsel.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

Thanks for clarification and support. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

There are other ministries I can be a part of as well :-) I had ASL in high school

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

so as many you know i really like music to listen to and to do.

i want to think more about doing music in church. last time i did any music was madrigal choir at college and then christmas carolling this past christmas...

how do i know if im doing something for strife or vainglory. i appreciate compliments but i dont want to be full of myself. this man said that he likes my voice and thinks ishould sing at ru. he hasnt said anything in a while. im sort of interested but i feel like guilty if im at the least a little assertive...but i dont want to make God displeased. is God displeased cos i really liked the compliment? for a short while i didnt feel it was a good time to be doing any music ministry. i didn tfeel like a good christian enough.

i do believe that doing more will help combat my suicide idealizations 

There was a time when I really enjoyed compliments from people and didn't feel the least bit guilty about it. Now I realize how much the Almighty values the humble heart, so I feel guilty just like you. You feeling good because of a compliment is a human reaction. I wrote down a lot of passages dealing with humility and pride. The book of Proverbs has several passages. If you sing for the Lord, I don't see how anything can be wrong with that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i want to think more about doing music in church. last time i did any music was madrigal choir at college and then christmas carolling this past christmas...

how do i know if im doing something for strife or vainglory. i appreciate compliments but i dont want to be full of myself. this man said that he likes my voice and thinks ishould sing at ru. he hasnt said anything in a while. im sort of interested but i feel like guilty if im at the least a little assertive...but i dont want to make God displeased. is God displeased cos i really liked the compliment? for a short while i didnt feel it was a good time to be doing any music ministry. i didn tfeel like a good christian enough.

do you feel the same about performing to one person as much as you would to 300.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The most dangerous sin is the pride of life.  

Paul said it is Christ in us doing the works and that we have nothing that we did not get from God.  If you receive the compliment as if you have done anything then you ought be ashamed of yourself but if you give all the glory, honor and praise unto God by telling those who would complimemt you that God deserves the credit for he is the potter and you are the clay then you have no reason to be ashamed but rather REJOICE that Gid has chosen to preform through you, for the Spirit of Christ inhabits the praises of men unto God.

Don't stop singing just make sure your singing by him, through him and for him for he made you. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The Bible says " Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up."  Just give yourself over to God totally, and just doing that will make you humble. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

The Bible says " Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up."  Just give yourself over to God totally, and just doing that will make you humble. 

Amen.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Whatever you do, do it for the glory of God...

God bless