IGNORED

Which Bible Version can you recommend (KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Of course pastor Anderson also says we should murder certain sinners. Anyone who calls for murder is not a true man of God. I won't even listen to his ideas. Sorry.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 18/03/2016 at 9:22 PM, opportunitykenny said:

I am surprised and concerned to know that all versions of Bible are not the same. From their cogent contents to interpretations, they appear to be different. I am not in any way confused, just for helping one another, I ask this question:

(1) Which Bible Version can you recommend for someone you just preached to and s/he is ready to accept Christ and read His word further?

(2) Why recommending that version?

The KJV Bible; other versions have some missing verses, and have changed some passages: this website has comparisons of the KJV vs NIV.

http://www.left-behind.info/

http://www.left-behind.info/uploads/5/2/8/7/52870115/unholy_hands_on_gods_holy_word_2016.pdf

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings opportunitykenny

This question has been asked many times & everyone has their personal preferences,,,,,,,,,,as well as opinions,,me included

Personally,when ministering to "babes" or new Christians I always recommend the NKJV & give them one to get started,I believe it is very easy to read & follow ,more so than the KJV & the old English writings

The most important thing I try to get across to anyone is that they should seek guidance,Wisdom,Understanding,revelation by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,I try to point towards Jesus & focus more on their "personal relationship"with God than I do which version they should be reading,I am confident that He will llead their footsteps with any version they use,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Praise the Lord!

It is only the beginning of the WALK for newbies,they needn't be concerned about anything but communicating with our Lord at this time,He will show them what they need to see if they only ask,,,,,,,,,,,the NKJV is a good & reliable source for anyone seeking God,,,,,,                                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Valiant For Truth said:

The KJV Bible; other versions have some missing verses, and have changed some passages: this website has comparisons of the KJV vs NIV.

This is true. The KJV has been the English language Bible for over 400 years and has been blessed tremendously because it is a faithful translation.  You can confidently believe that it is indeed the Word of God. The NKJV could have been a good Bible, but the translators went beyond their mandate.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Personally I love the NIV, but you can't go wrong with the KJV or the Nasb.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:21 PM, simplejeff said:

I found that if you're seeking Yahweh, as did those who became true and faithful followers of Yahshua in the NT , 

you will enjoy both those also.   They're not as much commentary as you think, and are many many times safer and truer than 

most current theology, nay, anywhere....

Hi simplejeff.  What versions are you talking about?  Thanks.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I prefer the KJV simply because it's what I grew up with and it's easier for me to understand.  Every time i try to read one of the newer versions it simply doesn't flow for me.  For a new believer who has not read the Bible before though, I recommend the NKJV to get started.

Another consideration for a newbie, if that person also has a home church, might be which version the pastor uses in his sermons. Back when I came to the Lord all preachers seemed to use only the KJV. Since I had already read through the Bible at least once, and It was the NIV, I had it difficult following along. I would go to the chapter and verse the preacher asked us to and it took me too long to see he was talking about the same thing. In other words I missed 5 minutes of what he said. I also noticed back then if the church already had Bibles in the pews they were KJV. I mention this because I returned to a few of those churches after 2000 and none had the KJV in the pews anymore. One had the NIV and another I'm not sure but I think it was the NAS or the NES. But this is just an after thought. The most important thing is for it the language to make immediate sense to the reader. If you have to spend time trying to understand how the version of English it is written in makes sense to how you use English that's not good.

I'm almost envious of the people who simply understand old English as well as they do modern English. I love the poetic form of KJV especially with the Psalms. But even now, after 35 years of Bible reading old English is still like a foreign language to me. Oh well.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

The problem I have with the KJV is that the English language has changed mightly since the 1600's.  So now I not only have to rely on the fact the KJV translators did a good job but I have to find a trustworthy source to tell me what a word meant a half a century ago in a different country.  That is if I even find a reason to look a word up. 

The joy of digital bibles is I do not need to have a single favorite, I have multiple versions at my fingertips.  My most often used are the RSV, the ESV and the HCSB

9 hours ago, Vendtre said:

The problem I have with the KJV is that the English language has changed mightly since the 1600's.  So now I not only have to rely on the fact the KJV translators did a good job but I have to find a trustworthy source to tell me what a word meant a half a century ago in a different country.  That is if I even find a reason to look a word up. 

The joy of digital bibles is I do not need to have a single favorite, I have multiple versions at my fingertips.  My most often used are the RSV, the ESV and the HCSB

Amen to that brother. The Internet is a dream come true to a person who hungers for knowledge and hasn't time to go to various libraries until he finds what he needs. I did that 38 yrs ago as a collage student. What a waste of time and gas.