• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

just noticed the title part: "the tone"

of the world .

The tone is just exactly as expected, as Yahweh's WORD says in the OT and the NT.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Great thread. Usually when I find myself getting a bit snarky and snappy I just take a break and regather myself. God has brought me from a long way though, I remember the days where anyone who disagreed with me was a heretic. No patience or Love shown at all, but I'm thankful to see some growth and trust that God will continue to mature me as I engage my fellow man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mega,,,,,,

What a beautiful OP,I do pray it stays on the main board & gets read by all,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you for posting the "question"

Recently I asked myself,,,,"Am I up to this?",,,,,,,,,Hmmmmm? For  years I only focused only on what I was accountable for,my responses,replies,words and it never mattered if I heard ugly or negative posts(I simply went about MY FATHERS business),,,,,,,,I prayed & refused to "re-act",,,,,,

Then without warning I lost focus & heard all the contempt,negativity,and ugliness ,,,,,,it became overwhelming and rather than "join in" or partake or "listen to" or say something that was not loving,kind,good,compassionate,understanding,forgiving & Christ like,etc,,,,,,  I took a break,walked away ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I find I have"nothing nice to say" it is much better to say nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I just wanted to add,if it is not edifying then why say it? Perhaps it is good to stop talking for awhile and spend some time with the Lord,just YOU & GOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                             With Love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:
6 hours ago, saved34 said:

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Mega,,,,,,

I just wanted to add,if it is not edifying then why say it? Perhaps it is good to stop talking for awhile and spend some time with the Lord,just YOU & GOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                             With Love-in Christ,Kwik

pray it stays on the main board & gets read by all,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you for posting the "question"

Recently I asked myself,,,,"Am I up to this?",,,,,,,,,Hmmmmm? For  years I only focused only on what I was accountable for,my responses,replies,words and it never mattered if I heard ugly or negative posts(I simply went about MY FATHERS business),,,,,,,,I prayed & refused to "re-act",,,,,,

Then without warning I lost focus & heard all the contempt,negativity,and ugliness ,,,,,,it became overwhelming and rather than "join in" or partake or "listen to" or say something that was not loving,kind,good,compassionate,understanding,forgiving & Christ like,etc,,,,,,  I took a break,walked away ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I find I have"nothing nice to say" it is much better to say nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Amen...and amen. 

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

He doesn't brook the assembly of HIS people dabbling in other religions, idols, greed, politics, and so forth..... HE saves us from all that.

PURITY.

IN JESUS.

I agree. I do believe that Christ reaches out to a lost and hurting world and knows how to rescue them. He will even use His own servants to pull those who are drowning in darkness . These people are in so much darkness it's astounding to the senses at times but God gives us an abundance of His grace whenever we go through the valley of the shadow of death - for I will fear no evil. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

7 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

hee hee hee

12802958_927893793995865_7653609521705095310_n.jpg

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

9 minutes ago, post said:

hee hee hee

seriously though, 

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
(1 John 4:20) 

which of us, if we are honest when we examine our actions, is not convicted by this? 

and i think --- if we were to in every single post, in every reply, lift up the name of Christ, and praise and thank God with every single thing that we put -- we would not have this problem. we would not have lots of bickering over niggly points of doctrine, and all the worldly sections of the forum would have tumbleweeds in them, instead of dozens of new posts, and we would all be rejoicing in song and reminding each other of the promises and hope and faithfulness written in the scriptures all the time. 
isn't it when we are not putting Him above all other things, and putting others above ourselves, that we act in embarrassing ways? 
but when we are focused on God, and rejoicing in Him, and full of gratitude for all that He is and all that He works through us -- when are we ever rude or cross or worldly, when that is our mindset? 

loving the Lord with all that we are leads to loving others - and without that we love Him, we cannot love others, and we cannot love Him if we do not also love others. that is why the Lord says it is the greatest commandment. 
if it is the greatest -- let's all try following it foremost, in every post :)

• Group:  Mars Hill

31 minutes ago, post said:

seriously though, 

Whoever claims to love God

Seriously though, 

really ?  Do you love what God loves, and hate what God hates ?

DO HIS WORD (((what HE says concerning each situation?)))

Do you love Jesus ?

(((according to HIS DEFINITION((in Scripture))/ practice and example of what "LOVE" is )))

((not wicked men's definition))

Live according to HIS DIRECTIONS on how to live - the way HE TAUGHT HIS disciples, and teaches HIS disciples TODAY ? 

Do you(((Seriously though, really))) WANT to be HIS DISCIPLE ? ((positive answer expected))

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Seriously though, 

really ?  Do you love what God loves, and hate what God hates ?

DO HIS WORD (((what HE says concerning each situation?)))

Do you love Jesus ?

(((according to HIS DEFINITION((in Scripture))/ practice and example of what "LOVE" is )))

((not wicked men's definition))

Live according to HIS DIRECTIONS on how to live - the way HE TAUGHT HIS disciples, and teaches HIS disciples TODAY ? 

Do you(((Seriously though, really))) WANT to be HIS DISCIPLE ? ((positive answer expected))

I know for me, every day I have to pick myself up off the floor and fight this enemy ( the flesh ) daily. I have to try to die daily as Paul told us to. It's a constant process and I remember Charles Stanley saying that the blood of Jesus is continually washing us clean daily.

The encourages my soul so much to know that because sometimes I stumble. Usually it's something  in my head -a thought ---  or an idea or emotion. I see something that looks so good like a really cool car and long for it or feel exuberant because of good news about an issue. I also often confuse issues of anger verse righteous indignation.

I dunno...I've said too much as it is. I better just let sleeping dogs lie or I'll offend someone so - I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I apologize - just wondered off on this. I hate it when I do that.

• Group:  Mars Hill

2 minutes ago, Catsmeow said:

It's a constant process and I remember Charles Stanley saying that the blood of Jesus is continually washing us clean daily.

This morning Charles Stanley ((good message)) made note of the Blood of Jesus cleansing us ((in Christ only)) of all sin, once for all time -

I don't remember if he mentioned it cleanses us daily or not,

but he did also point out TODAY that much doctrine CONTRARY TO TRUTH/ SCRIPTURE/  claims that JESUS BLOOD IS NOT ENOUGH

- that men have to have something MORE THAN JESUS BLOOD to be cleansed of sin AFTER being saved  AND/OR after dying ((i.e. a lie directly against Scripture))...