IGNORED

Question on living apart from the world...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I have been employed at the job I am right now for almost a year and so far it's going really good, so much better than the last place.  Anyway, there are a lot of unbelievers and A LOT of gossip and backstabbing.  I'm not sure what to do.  I take breaks and lunches with these girls.  Am I supposed to avoid them all together and find some place else to take breaks/eat lunch?  I feel like my spirit is very uneasy around them.  I feel myself being tempted and falling into the games.  If I do start taking my lunches/breaks elsewhere I am afraid that they may not like me and start gossiping about me.  I want them to keep liking me.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

If you are not strong enough to resist "being tempted and falling into the games," then your best option is to remove yourself from them.

2 hours ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

I am afraid that they may not like me and start gossiping about me.

First, they do anyway, because gossip touches everyone. But your fear is a fear of the world, which must be overcome in order for your faith to grow.

The Lord is allowing this test of your faith to make you stronger, and to increase your reliance upon Him. "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thes. 5:17) in all such situations, internally, whenever you are so tested. Then your faith will grow, and you will be able to resist falling into the temptations even while present among them. And be sure to give thanks to the Lord every time you are able to overcome your trials. Thanksgiving is the greatest fertilizer of all to grow your faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

If you choose to take your lunch, just tell them that there are times you can't afford to eat out.  Pray silently for the ladies when you are with them and ask God to give you what you need to say that would be the salt and witness you need to be.  Ask Him to help you love them and pity them because they are lost and without God.  

We used to have a friend who was the only Christian in a bunch of sinners.  They would tell dirty jokes and he would tell a clean one that was funnier.  He was a great witness even though He never spoke of Jesus.  So you might just say something nice about the person they are talking about.  She always dresses so nice or she has aways been kind to me.  Say nice things about the people you are with as well.  

Luke 4:22a NKJV  So all bore witness to Him and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. ---

Psm 19:14   "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and Redeemer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

praying for you.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,297
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Everything here is designed to separate us from The Love of God in Christ Jesus... you could read your Bible be a silent witness
and pray for them that they be converted. This will place the fact that I am here but really all my heart is there where He 'IS'

Col 3:1-4

3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
KJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/21/2016 at 8:11 AM, ~Shalhevet~ said:

I have been employed at the job I am right now for almost a year and so far it's going really good, so much better than the last place.  Anyway, there are a lot of unbelievers and A LOT of gossip and backstabbing.  I'm not sure what to do.  I take breaks and lunches with these girls.  Am I supposed to avoid them all together and find some place else to take breaks/eat lunch?  I feel like my spirit is very uneasy around them.  I feel myself being tempted and falling into the games.  If I do start taking my lunches/breaks elsewhere I am afraid that they may not like me and start gossiping about me.  I want them to keep liking me.  

KJV Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

God hates popularity your not supposed to be liked by the world. Your a child of light they are of darkness. I know its in the workplace that you still need to at least get along. Take heed to this Scripture 

KJV Prv  16:7  When a man's ways PLEASE  the LORD, he maketh even his ENEMIES  to be at PEACE with him.   

FEAR God not man and he will protect you 

KJV Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that FEAR him, and delivereth them.

Fear of God means protection 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On March 23, 2016 at 11:33 PM, enoob57 said:

Everything here is designed to separate us from The Love of God in Christ Jesus........

Col 3:1-4

3 If ye then be risen with Christ,  ...  ...  ...

seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with what has already been said, if you are tempted to join in, separate yourself if need be. Preferably, I would pray to be strong against the temptation in order to witness. It can be hard to not join in when we want to be accepted... but would they like you more for joining in and not being your true self, or for standing up and being your true self even when it's difficult? Most people are going to at least respect you for being real and possibly like you even if they disagree with what you believe. 

Also, keep in mind to what degree you want to be accepted and form friendships with unbelievers as being unequally yoked can cause problems. I have no issue being "friends" on some guarded level with non-christians, but they cannot be my closest friends as we do not share what is most important in my life and should affect every aspect of life - Jesus Christ.

I have worked with unbelievers as well... they know my faith without me being "preachy." There are times when they have talked about someone... even when they have a legitimate reason to be angry with someone, I try to show that this is still a person whom God loves and there are reasons for their behavior (not excuses, but reasons). I try to show them my faith in how I treat others, my work ethic, etc. Of course I'm flawed and fail, but I believe my faith - and how God affects my life - comes across as genuine. I will say, what helped lead me to the Lord was the example of some Christians who never witnessed to me with their words, but their behaviour spoke volumes to me.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Someone can try all they want,  using all their strength and resources and mind and all, 

to

be separated from the world((system)) as a source and support of their life.

As JESUS told HIS disciples, they could try all they like, 

but if they think they could do it, if they think they could figure it out and accomplish this, 

then they had failed already.

They already knew that whoever is a friend of the world, is an enemy of God.

His own disciples knew this better than anyone here TODAY.

And JESUS told them they could not do it, it was impossible for them and they failed already just thinking about it,

IF THEY TRUSTED THEMSELVES.((or any man)).

but THANKS BE TO GOD FOREVER - what is impossible with man, is POSSIBLE WITH GOD.

JESUS TOLD HIS DISCIPLES - 

if you trust and keep trusting and rely on the heavenly FATHER to accomplish salvation((separation/ set apartness/ born again-ness))

TODAY in this life

and in the life to come,

...................................((with such trust;by GOD's OWN WORD)):        it is already done for you.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,

I think Willa gave you good advice ,only I would never suggest or imply you should not speak of Jesus(not saying that is what Willa said,ashe was simply speaking of someone she knew of)

Always be WHO you are in Christ,never think twice about proclaiming His Name,,,,I am not saying to shove Christianity down anyone's throat I am just saying do not seek mans approval but only Gods,,,,,,,,,

I think the best way to be an ambassador for Jesus is by the way we live,talk & treat others.........    To God be the Glory

With love-in Christ Jesus,Kwik