Ariel8

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

YOU Don't need a yes or no answer at all, that is ridiculous.

Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God & his righteousness  & all these things shall be added unto you.

It is clear by your letter that your focus is in the wrong place, you & every other person on their planet seek love, but your focus from your letter seems almost an obsession & self focused. If you can go & do some missionary work I think it wold be of great benefit to you.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh sister, Go & do Gods work for a period,  there are plenty of orphans out there.    

Edited by Riccardo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ariel

We've not seen you in a while & have not gotten to know anything about you or how you are doing,I do hope you are reading,we vdo care about youand you certainly could use some Christian  guidance,support ,encouragement & fellowship......we would love to be here for you

I've probably written this about 50 times because i don't want to sound pathetic, but i live to love people. That is why i even exist, there is no point to my life if i don't have someone, a real person, to love and to love me. And i found someone, actually it is more like God gave me him (for that moment in time) so i could be happy, and forget all the reasons why my life is falling apart. but around december of the same year i met this man, he had to leave and we fell out of speaking terms. I haven't seen him since, regardless i have had countless dreams about him and i cant stop thinking about him. It has been three years. Everytime i think about never seeing him again i physically hurt. I don't need advice on how to move on or how to get someone back, i need to know that God's promises, that his gifts are permanent. I need this man to be happy. i can live without him, but that life will be half of what it could be. I can get a job and focus on my career and money and all that (annoying) taxes and bills. but it will be without purpose and reason because in those three years i have not met one person who means as much or more than this person did to me. so please all i need is yes or no. 

Thanks for your time.

THe funny thing is that I have a dear friend that sounds EXACTLY like you,I had to take a second look to be sure she did post your OP...if y ou young ladies would take captive your "thoughts" & not allow your thoughts to control you then you might begin to grasp the spiritual warfare that is happening & recognize the bondage you are in.....and "in Christ" this is a VERY simple thing......like my dear friend,the enemy put a thought in your head & instead of t7urning to Jesus and filling your heart & mind with His Word you run with it,obsess over it and continue to dwell on something that never was,a mere little "thought"...this is not LOVE my friend,it is called "obsession" by the world & "bondage" by a Born Again Christian....

Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God & his righteousness  & all these things shall be added unto you.

There is no better advice than from GOD(above).....for 3 yrs (same as my friend)you have been entertaining the enemy......keep your eyes on Jesus,there is FREEDOM in Christ,those who remain Bound usually remain that way because this is what they choose to hold on to.....you can either take sound advice or reject it.....this person does not even know you exist and you are wasting your life on only a "thought" about him...my my?LOVE is not one sided,its a 2 way street.....what you have is unrealistic dreams ......JESUS Loves YOU,you are looking for LOVE in all the wrong places       God Bless,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Ariel,

Thank you for writing. I have an estranged daughter named Ariel. But let me get to my point. It is obvious that this person meant something very much to you and still does. You have something that many married couples do not have...an abiding love and desire to see that person happy. Unfortunately, as others have said here, you cannot guarantee their happiness or well-being. That is a terrible admission to have to make and it could throw you and other people into depression. But look at it from the positive, Christ-centered side. God bless you with a relationship for a period of time. In your heart, that relationship is still alive. Thank God that it is because it means that you can still feel and you can still love and those are gifts directly from God. You may never understand the "why" of what has happened; but, if you allow the Holy Spirit to work this for good in you, then you will rejoice at every memory and begin to understand that God's mercies are new every morning (lamentations).

Only God knows if this relationship will ever return. In the meantime, the Scripture says, "occupy til I come..". If that person were with you right now, you would both be serving God; so serve God anyway. This relationship was special to you, dedicate it as holy between you and God (sanctify it). That way let it draw you closer to God. God knows your needs and He knows your heart. Growing closer to Him will allow you to grow closer to the other person, no matter where they are. Then, "in the fullness of time", if God allows, they will return.

The only caution I have is that you not allow this other person to become an idol. To worship this relationship instead of the Savior. If you do that, then your spirit will become sick and you will not prosper. I am not trying to be mean. Matthew 6:31 says, Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you. It seems to me that if you seek God first, then the chances of this relationship being restored go way up.

Blessings.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Sounds like you're looking to be a dependent personality. That isn't healthy I don't think because it torpedo's your self esteem according to the power you give someone else over you. 

I found the best relationships were when I wasn't looking. I concentrated on my life, what I wanted, and I went for it. 

A great scale to judge where you're at in a one on one with someone else I've found is to ask yourself this, do I love them because I need them? Or do I need them because I love them? 

If the answer to the first question is yes, then you're needy. 

And that can be annoying. Same on the guy side if he's needy on you. Psychic vampires are what they're called and they suck the energy out of you to fill the holes in themselves. That can literally drain you of your own energy, your sense of self, confidence, strength, all of it. Bad , yuck, not a good fit. 

If the answer to the second question is yes, then that's how love is suppose to go. 
Wishing you all the best. 

Lemur

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/22/2017 at 0:48 PM, StTroy said:

God does not give the waters of everlasting life to those who do not believe in truth or are walking the path and converting themselves to truth.  If we don't walk the path then god walks away until we respect the way of life.  It respects people's free will to make mistakes and learn from them.  That's why god lets us all die and suffer, so we learn.  Walking away until such a time that person decides to walk the path is an act of love.  And if a person never comes around then their fate is to die and that's OK.  God lets us die, does he not? 

:sherlock:

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Its been about 5 or so years since this girl I love greatly fell out and stopped talking. I dream about her constantly and think about her everyday. I know how you feel. Why is it that y'all fell out?