IGNORED

How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?

Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

24 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I believe the OP said that according to the TOS we are NOT to debate the person but the topic.  And that IS in the TOS; everyone should read it.

That is correct. I am simply pointing out issues, or topics, or statements which Paul calls "vain babblings".  We find too many posters talking about others, and deviating from the subject.

When we approach any subject which has to do with God, Christ, and Bible truth, we can either present statements which are based on Scripture and support Bible truth, or we can go off on tangents which have no basis in Scripture, and threby confuse seekers or new Christians. 

For example, if our topic is "God" then as Christians we focus on the one true and living God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- the LORD God Almighty.  Not false gods, not devils, not demons, not idols, not imaginary gods.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Ezra said:

It would really be up to the moderators to address this, and they do have a tough job. 

If I have to limit the topics that I can post, then I may have to go else where. If anyone is ever offended by a topic started by me, just ignore it. You do not need to reply to any topic that offends you. A lot of times here I glace over topics and think "nope I am not addressing this one." 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Question is, who gets to decide what is nonsense and what is not?  What things one can reference and what can not?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I once read a history paper on Christianity. In that paper they were differentiating between classic fundamentalism of the 1800's and the introduction of evangelical Christianity.

In that paper (which I no longer have), they noted that fundamentalism focused on the various view of biblical theology so the church members were very familiar with the theological arguments from scripture. However, presenting theological arguments was not an effective method of evangelism. Evangelical Christianity emphasized the relationship between people and God, and was a very effective method of evangelism. By the late 1800's and early 1900's, evangelical christianity became the favored view of Christianity.

In the early 1900's, various diverse people introduced neo-orthodoxy which questioned a literal understanding of scripture and introduced a more personal interpretation of scripture. In Christianity, this created a crisis but fundamentalism, which had taught theology with defending scripture had fallen mostly by the wayside and evangelical christianity, with it's emphasis on personal relationship was not prepared or trained to defend their faith so neo-orthodoxy had a mostly unskilled Christian population unable to defend the doctrines of Christianity. Neo-orthodoxy made tremendous in-roads without skilled people to defend their faith.

From that paper, I saw the value of both fundamentalism and evangelicalism. We need both.

Coming from a more evangelical view of Christianity, when I entered the world of Chrisian forums and chat rooms, I quickly discovered a wide array of Christians. I was introduced to Calvinism and what they taught. I was introduced to all kinds of theologies like replacement theology, lordship theology, continuists vs cessationists. etc .etc etc. I also ran into theologies which were based on a more twisting of scripture. The forums and chatrooms forced me to study scripture, and decide if what was being presented could be supported by scripture. And then I was able to not only develop my own view of scripture and theology and I was better at arguing my positions. 

I enjoy a board which (within reason) allows people to ask questions concerning Christianity, and present various views. I also enjoy a board which does allow various views and allows us to gain skills at presenting our beliefs using scripture, and allows people to disagree and discuss not just our commonly held beliefs but discuss/debate/ and even politely argue against theologies. I like a board which has an evangelical approach to sharing the gospel but also allows us to gain a fundamentalism skill of defending the faith. 

In other words, I like Worthy.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ,,,,,other one asked "Who gets to decide which is "nonsense" I which is not",........Simple,for each individual should be praying for discernment of the Holy Spirit,,,,the Holy Spirit will certainly guide us & direct us to see & hear "nonsense".......do we partake of such things,of course not!!!!

Ephesians 4:29

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Ephesians 5:4

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

2 Timothy 2:14-16

Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,

Romans 1:28-32 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

NONSENSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All Nonsense,not worth acnowledgement                Glory to God      Lover,Kwik

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I enjoy a board which (within reason) allows people to ask questions concerning Christianity, and present various views. I also enjoy a board which does allow various views and allows us to gain skills at presenting our beliefs using scripture, and allows people to disagree and discuss not just our commonly held beliefs but discuss/debate/ and even politely argue against theologies. I like a board which has an evangelical approach to sharing the gospel but also allows us to gain a fundamentalism skill of defending the faith. 

I agree !

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Please define "nonsense" . 

Guest Teditis

This is one of the frustrating realities of life on the internet... we mix with people from very diverse backgrounds.

What seems like disrespect might be a cultural difference and what seems like spreading falsehoods could simply

someone stating what they do believe whole-heartedly while being incorrect. Along with this, many will not willingly

place themselves in the place of a student to just another poster on the internet. Information isn't really shared on the

internet because everyone's "antennae" are up looking for people who don't know what they're talking about. And who can 

say which member holds truth and which member is mistaken or misguided? That takes time to get to know the other person

before we would willing accept their "opinion" as factual. and then take the time to truly listen to what the other person is

trying to share.

Worthy Christian Forums is not a school of higher learning and the members here (for the most part) are not trained teachers or

theologians. We get all types of people here who are all at different places on the spectrum of understanding God. Some are here

with the sole purpose of stirring up trouble. So all types of questions will be asked and all forms doctrines will be given as the

most likely to be truthful and faithful to God and His Word. It's only natural that many people-types will be here as well; some given

to vain thoughts about themselves and a poor view of others. People fancying themselves teachers when they've had no training

whatsoever. Other's thinking that they have some divine insights that others don't have

As has already been suggested, if you run into postings that you don't agree with just say your peace and get out of the thread. Show

Scripture that supports your position and leave it alone after that. Most of these bringers of "nonsense" will leave if nobody talks with

them or debates their heretical ideas.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

16 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Selling ocean front parcels in Oklahoma... cheap :happyhappy: 

:rolleyes: