Martyr212

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Everyone. What communication tools does your church use to keep congregants informed? What if service was canceled due to weather or a heating/cooling system failure? Or any other issue? How would your Pastor/Minister let all the people know so they didn't head out for service, when its been delayed, postponed or canceled? What if there was an emergency at your church? How would congregants be notified of the emergency? Many people would be involved. How would your Pastor/Minister notify them all at the same time?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

Hi Martyr212, a church-wide group email is used first. Then we start to call everyone who did not reply to our group email and confirm that they received the message. It works pretty well, but then again, we only have 135 families.

The website is used, and we put a new, temporary message on the answering machine as well.

Yours and His,
David

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It's never happened.  We have a huge church, I"m sure they have something planned.  If it was bad enough most would just know.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Martyr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I attend 2 churches,,,,,,sometimes both in the same day ,sometimes I alternate,sometimes(lately) I go to neither.......they are 2 very different places,,,,,one is a small local congregation of under 100 people,,,,,,the other is a HUGE organization,,,,,,,,,

Here is South Florida there is not much that would stop the smaller church from gathering except for a possible Hurricaine & then the entire State would know about it's potential landfall & we would be batten down the hatches or getting out of Dodge,,,,,,we have had many an occasion where other churches may have cancelled but we did not,,,,,eg:,(Pastor & Co-Pastor had a fatal car crash),air conditioning broke,storms etc....

As far as the Mega-church,well I suppose it would not be much different,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I couldn't think of anything that would be a reason for cancelling the Sunday Service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I suppose "IF" that were possible then it would be the same as David(St Worm)said.....

Hi Martyr212, a church-wide group email is used first. Then we start to call everyone who did not reply to our group email and confirm that they received the message. It works pretty well, but then again, __________________

The website is used, and we put a new, temporary message on the answering machine as well.

Praise & Glory to God!                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

May I ask why you posted this in the Seekers Lounge,,,,,,I don't see how this question applies to unbelievers ,seekers etc.....?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

May I ask why you posted this in the Seekers Lounge,,,,,,I don't see how this question applies to unbelievers ,seekers etc.....?

I do not either, so I moved it here!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you for the responses.  I will followup with all when I have more information on this topic.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Martyr,,,,

I'm wondering what information you hope to acquire & why? Are you doing something within a church that involves communicating to the congregants? Just curious,,,,,,,,,,,,, & wanting to see if we could help you better somehow?                                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We have a phone chain....   We are a smaller church, so when we have anything come up we just go down the list of phones so we all know.....   it is used mostly as a prayer chain.....    if you have a heart attack, chances our pastor and maybe half your sunday school class will know before you get to the hospital......   and if the ambulance isn't going code red, the pastor might meet you there from already  visiting others

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/1/2016 at 2:02 PM, Martyr212 said:
Hello Everyone. What communication tools does your church use to keep congregants informed? What if service was canceled due to weather or a heating/cooling system failure? Or any other issue? How would your Pastor/Minister let all the people know so they didn't head out for service, when its been delayed, postponed or canceled? What if there was an emergency at your church? How would congregants be notified of the emergency? Many people would be involved. How would your Pastor/Minister notify them all at the same time?

Facebook.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Facebook.

We have a private group for our Neighborhood Watch and I would agree that it works well....  except that some don't have computers.   We have that same problem at church.  We have older people that just don't do computers.