• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I feel sick after I quit smoking. I wake up sick and all that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Tig,,,,,my mom's favorite saying was,,,,

"Be patient,this too shall pass..............."                          May the Holy Spirit Comfort you              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

48 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

I feel sick after I quit smoking. I wake up sick and all that.

Tigger, you have to trust God in quitting smoking~~ one minute at the time, it's for the better you stopped smoking, I hear that taking magnesium will calm your nerves  and vitime C helps to get the nicotine removed faster from your body. 

Praise God Tigger!!!

I will be difficult first but those days will pass~~

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

tigger- nicotine is one of the hardest addictions to quit-- I tried time and time again-- finally I had my Doctor prescribe Chantax--- some may not think its spiritual to use medication to quit-- but It sure helped me and I have been nicotine free for 7 years- and answer to prayer

Edited by woundeddog
spelling error

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

God provides supernatural healings and he provides doctors and meds that he uses as he sees fit. 

Of course you are sick after quiting - you are going through withdrawal.  These symptoms should taper off.  Hang in there.  Ginger tablets are very good for nausea.  You can get it over the counter anywhere.

Very good that you have made it this far.

Edited by Jayne

When I wake up I get chest pains.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

43 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

When I wake up I get chest pains.

that you should consult your doctor about.....    the things in tobacco can affect your heart functionality along with your lungs...   I had that problem for a while and had to start taking drug for a fast heart beat and my asthma actually got worse for a while....    My doctor threatened to hurt me if I even thought about starting smoking again.....   actually told me to find another doctor if I did for she was tired of babysitting people dying from lung cancer.

Seems that my lungs started clearing up and found that there are allergens in the world to deal with.....   the smoke pretty much had them dumbed down to reacting to anything;;;;     anyway  I had the heart beat thing from childhood and the smoking had slowed my heart down for some reason.  It took about six months for everything to settle down, but the heart beat was still fast but not dangerously fast so I was drug free except for albuterol when the asthma kicked up.....   I took allergy shots for seven years, but the insurance paid for them.

It wasn't until 30 years later when I retired that I had to deal with a bit of high blood pressure and then had to worry about the fast heart beat.

So, check with your doctor to make sure that there isn't anything really wrong and it will slowly get better and go away if it was like what caused my pains.

I was smoking (or at least burning) four packs of Camels a day when I quit, so my whole system went through quite a shock for I just quit cold turkey.....    had a long talk with God one night and it was over.....   period...  no more cigarettes.    I think he let me suffer the withdrawal symptoms for my own good.....   and it really gives me sympathy for others who are going through it also.

Wow other. How long were you smoking. I was was over 30 years, but never heavy smoker. Should I take drags to keep it in a little. It's soooooooooo nice I can breath without wheezing. My heart so far is fine.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

Wow other. How long were you smoking. I was was over 30 years, but never heavy smoker. Should I take drags to keep it in a little. It's soooooooooo nice I can breath without wheezing. My heart so far is fine.

I started when I was about 15 and stopped when a bit  under 40...  I'm 69 now.  Most everyone I grew up with that smoked has died from it if they hadn't quit.   two of my closest cousins died really horrible deaths from a tumor rupturing and they literally drowned in thier own blood....   and made the god awfullest  mess doing it.....  another three years ago that developed emphysema and COPD and literally choked to death while her husband had to sit and hold her hand while it happened....    Please don't even think about picking up another smoke.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Both my uncle and my friend's dad died from liver cancer caused by smoking. Seeing them suffer in pain like that was very difficult; stay strong and don't fall into the temptation of smoking again. You'll be better off without it.