• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

One of the aspects of the Great Tribulation is to drive national Israel to the wall to finally cry out for Messiah.  And that is required before He can return according to Hosea and Matthew.  That would almost have to mean that they are completely at the end of their rope.  Everyone has turned against Israel and they are on the precipice of destruction.  When they do finally recognize their offense of rejection and cry out to Him, He will deliver them and destroy their enemies. These facts virtually leap off the pages of scripture.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

14 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

Shiloh has it right.  Israeli has been brought back in unbelief as written to us by Ezekiel.  They have yet to have spiritual life breathed into them.  It comports with the prophecy in Hosea and Matthew that Yeshua would not return until they acknowledge their offense and call out to Him. It is the lack of understanding of that by others which has caused many to miss one of the greatest fulfillments of prophecy in centuries, the regathering of Israel which sets the stage for the culmination of most of scenario before Yeshua physically returns. Even Isaiah proclaimed that all Israel will be regathered a second time after the first regathering from the Babylonian captivity. And there can be little doubt who these Israelites are, as it was shown in 2 Chronicles that the tribes of Israel and Judah were commingled under Jeroboam (in fulfillment of the prophecy in 1 Kings) just before the Babylonian captivity.

And the Revelation passages are references to such things as Replacement Theology (the church has replaced Israel) and various other forms of Judaizing. that Shiloh mentioned.  Paul addressed this quite firmly in his letter to the Romans. 

Are you saying you believe in replacement theology?

1 minute ago, Swords99 said:

Are you saying you believe in replacement theology?

Not sure how you deduced that idea from what I wrote.  No, I was stating how Paul spoke against it and the Revelation passages condemn it.

Edited by OldCoot

3 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

Not sure how you deduced that idea from what I wrote.  No, I was stating how Paul spoke against it and the Revelation passages condemn it.

Ok, sorry. You said: "the Revelation passages are references to such things as Replacement Theology (the church has replaced Israel)."

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Because of low oil prices, Russia's economy is on a downward spiral, besides Russia's military power is usually over exaggerated and I hardly doubt Trump will be bluffed by it.

With conventional warfare using tanks,bombers and tactical warfare, Russia is no match for the USA, but they have enough nuclear power and the deliverance means to wipe every country off the planet.   I saw a documentary  on their titan submarines and they are monsters with destructive lethal weapons.

2 hours ago, Swords99 said:

Ok, sorry. You said: "the Revelation passages are references to such things as Replacement Theology (the church has replaced Israel)."

That's Ok.  So many wild ideas floating around, it pays to stay on guard!

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I may be wrong but I don't foresee a nuclear holocaust caused by armies in Scripture. If Russia and the USA went at it nuclear-wise, there'd be nothing left of this world for fulfilled prophecy.

I kind of do.. as referenced in Ezekiel.   There are some passages that almost look like they are out of Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical warfare manuals.  So something along a nuclear event seems to be implied in scripture.

If one is familiar with nuclear weapons, they have to be recycled every 7 years.  The nuclear component degrades over time.  Interesting how Ezekiel seemed to show this.  It would appear that Israel is able to use the nuclear material from their enemies to power Israel for 7 years.

Ezekiel 39:9-10 (NKJV) “Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years. 10 They will not take wood from the field nor cut down any from the forests, because they will make fires with the weapons; and they will plunder those who plundered them, and pillage those who pillaged them,” says the Lord God.

And how are bodies and such dealt with after a nuclear event?  Ezekiel seems to allude to that as well.....

Ezekiel 39:11-15 (NKJV) “It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog. 12 For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land. 13 Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified,” says the Lord God. 14 “They will set apart men regularly employed, with the help of a search party, to pass through the land and bury those bodies remaining on the ground, in order to cleanse it. At the end of seven months they will make a search. 15 The search party will pass through the land; and when anyone sees a man's bone, he shall set up a marker by it, till the buriers have buried it in the Valley of Hamon Gog.

The men of regular employed could very well be government employees that are in charge of containment  of radioactive material.  And it seems that the disposal area is "downwind" in the area of the Dead Sea.   Anyone who notices a bone must assume radioactive contamination and marks the spot and these government workers will come and dispose of it. 

It might be assuming too much on what the text is saying, but it is a somewhat plausible explanation.  Especially when combined with this passage:

Zechariah 14:12 (NKJV) And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:
Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

Get the sense that a nuclear event is in the cards?

No way to know it such a thing is broader than the area of Middle east, but I get the sense the "big boom" is a very likely possibility.

Edited by OldCoot

It is possible.  It seems that Israel will be left standing alone to deal with all of this.  I don't get the sense that the U.S. will be aiding Israel, either because the don't choose to or that the U.S. has been taken out, so to speak.   And there is many possibilities in that regard.  One doesn't have to blow everything up to knock out the U.S.  A few well place upper atmosphere nuclear bursts will cover the U.S. with electromagnetic pulse that will knock out just about all electronics and the electric grid.   We can only speculate.   I am glad I really don't have the knowledge of these things down to the detail that God does.  

Edited by OldCoot

5 hours ago, Davida said:

The US will be with others who strongly condemn the invasion against Israel and kedar -Saudi Arabia will be among them to condemn it.

Yes, perhaps so, but this doesn't answer why America is not mentioned in Revelation. Or why it won't be protecting Israel. Perhaps this is God's will as He will be the Jews sole protector.

3 hours ago, OldCoot said:

That's Ok.  So many wild ideas floating around, it pays to stay on guard!

I agree, but what did you mean when you wrote: "the Revelation passages are references to such things as Replacement Theology (the church has replaced Israel)." ?