• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On May 17, 2016 at 1:20 AM, Marilyn C said:

I believe that the anti-Christ is a Gentile.

His nationality is Assyrian, & He is called the King of the North. Eventually I believe he will rule the world from Babylon in Iraq, & is called the king of Babylon.

`As a lion roars, & a young lion over his prey.....So the Lord of host will come down to fight for Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about  so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, he will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it....Then the Assyrian shall fall by a sword not of man......` (Isa. 31: 4 - 8)

`The king (of the north - v. 40) shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt & magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, & prosper till the wrathhas been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.` (Da. 11: 36)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Here are my thoughts, thanks for asking:

I'm leaning toward the AC also being Gentile, not Jewish, and wondering if he is a Muslim. 

The Bible seems to indicate he is Assyrian so I won't say much on that except there are many Muslims who are Assyrian. 

I feel very strongly his rule will be out of JERUSALEM, not Babylon.  See Rev 18. 

The King of the NORTH I think means North of Jerusalem, so yes, he will come from somewhere north of Jerusalem. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Spock said:

Here are my thoughts, thanks for asking:

I'm leaning toward the AC also being Gentile, not Jewish, and wondering if he is a Muslim. 

The Bible seems to indicate he is Assyrian so I won't say much on that except there are many Muslims who are Assyrian. 

I feel very strongly his rule will be out of JERUSALEM, not Babylon.  See Rev 18. 

The King of the NORTH I think means North of Jerusalem, so yes, he will come from somewhere north of Jerusalem. 

Hi Spock,

I agree with much of what you say, bro. However had you thought of these details?

Is Babylon Jerusalem?

Babylon - `…she will be utterly burned with fire…..in one hour she is made desolate.` (Rev. 18: 8 & 19)

Now we know that Jerusalem gets surrounded by the world`s armies, (Luke 21: 20) but we see that the Lord will defend the inhabitants.

`In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;….it shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.`(Zech. 12: 8 & 9)

So it is quite clear, I believe, that Babylon gets destroyed but Jerusalem does not and is actually defended by the Lord.

What we do know from Daniel is that the anti-Christ, the king of the North, (of Jerusalem) will move his headquarters from Babylon when it gets destroyed, & goes over to Jerusalem.

`…the king of the North….he shall plant the tents of his palace between the seas & the glorious holy mountain; yet he will come to his end, & no one will help him.` (Dan. 11: 45)

What do you think?

Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

I agree with much of what you say, bro. However had you thought of these details?

Is Babylon Jerusalem?

Babylon - `…she will be utterly burned with fire…..in one hour she is made desolate.` (Rev. 18: 8 & 19)

Now we know that Jerusalem gets surrounded by the world`s armies, (Luke 21: 20) but we see that the Lord will defend the inhabitants.

`In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;….it shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.`(Zech. 12: 8 & 9)

So it is quite clear, I believe, that Babylon gets destroyed but Jerusalem does not and is actually defended by the Lord.

What we do know from Daniel is that the anti-Christ, the king of the North, (of Jerusalem) will move his headquarters from Babylon when it gets destroyed, & goes over to Jerusalem.

`…the king of the North….he shall plant the tents of his palace between the seas & the glorious holy mountain; yet he will come to his end, & no one will help him.` (Dan. 11: 45)

What do you think?

Marilyn.

Hello sister Marilyn, greetings in Christ name.

You just pointed out something that God laid on my heart recently, Babylon is..........the world, Daniel saw the Beast Systems of Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome as (world)Kingdoms of Beasts, Nebuchadnezzar saw them as precious metals. What gets destroyed by the 21 judgments Seals/Trumps/Vial in Revelation ? The Beast System/World is only men trying to rule without God at its head, so Babylon is Fallen, is Fallen, is the judgments upon this world or Beast System. It burns, there are asteroids, earthquakes etc. etc. The merchants crying are those men that trusted in money over God, their whole world has turned into chaos. That city, Babylon, represents all the Beast Systems. And we know what happens to the idol in Daniel chapter 2, the Rock (Jesus) was hewn out of the Mountain (God) and destroyed the idol. And the Saints were given the Kingdom. Amen.

The Great Harlot, whom everyone calls Babylon, which is a misnomer imho, she is All False Religion from the beginning of time. That's why she has the blood of the Saints and Martyrs on her hands, and made the Kings drunk with her wine, the Apostles were drunk in the Holy Spirit. Yin/Yang. She rides the Beasts back because False Religion has been a part of every Beast System. God called Israel a Harlot when she served false gods. Another clue is the Kings in league with the Beast, burn and destroy the Harlot in Rev. 17:16, but why ? Because he destroys all False Religion, (and comes against Christians and tries to come against Israel) because he want to be the ONLY GOD, and wants to be worshiped as God. 

God Bless....probably off subject, sorry.

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

Is Babylon Jerusalem?

What do you think?

Marilyn.

I don't think literal Babylon will be anything in the final week of Daniel. While I'm leaning toward a Muslim antichrist, I suppose he could come out of that city but I highly doubt it. But, maybe your interpretation is right.  

As for the nations Yeshua will conquer when he returns to Put an end, I believe these will be all Islamic nations. I'm not saying this is Gog/ Magog of Ezekiel 38/39, but it might be.  Again, I still am not convinced Ezekiel 38 is Armageddon but I know some people are convinced it is.  What about you?  

Do you see Ezekiel 38/39 the same as Armageddon?  If this is off topic, you don't have to answer it.

spock

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Do you see Ezekiel 38/39 the same as Armageddon?  If this is off topic, you don't have to answer it.

spock

no.....   for what it is worth.

53 minutes ago, other one said:

no.....   for what it is worth.

Is it possible Ezekiel 38/39 is only referencing Rev 20, which occurs at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Is it possible Ezekiel 38/39 is only referencing Rev 20, which occurs at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ? 

I don't see how it could be for the results of each is different.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Gog and Magog. I see that there are two different events.

It is important to recognize that the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 is quite different from the one in Revelation 20:7-8. Below are some of the more obvious reasons why these refer to different people and battles.

1. In the battle of Ezekiel 38-39, the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth (Ezekiel 38:6, 15; 39:2). The battle in Revelation 20:7-9 will involve all nations, so armies will come from all directions, not just from the north.

2. There is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39. In Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millennium with Satan as the primary character.

3. Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that the dead will be buried for seven months. There would be no need to bury the dead if the battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is the one described in Revelation 20:8-9, for immediately following Revelation 20:8-9 is the Great White Throne judgment (20:11-15) and then the current or present heaven and earth are destroyed, replaced by a new heaven and earth (Revelation 21:1). There obviously will be a need to bury the dead if the battle takes place in the early part of the tribulation, for the land of Israel will be occupied for another 1,000 years, the length of the millennial kingdom (Revelation 20:4-6).

4. The battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is used by God to bring Israel back to Him (Ezekiel 39:21-29). In Revelation 20, Israel has been faithful to God for 1,000 years (the millennial kingdom). Those in Revelation 20:7-10 who are rebellious are destroyed without any more opportunity for repentance.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Gog-Magog.html

7 hours ago, Spock said:

I don't think literal Babylon will be anything in the final week of Daniel. While I'm leaning toward a Muslim antichrist, I suppose he could come out of that city but I highly doubt it. But, maybe your interpretation is right.  

As for the nations Yeshua will conquer when he returns to Put an end, I believe these will be all Islamic nations. I'm not saying this is Gog/ Magog of Ezekiel 38/39, but it might be.  Again, I still am not convinced Ezekiel 38 is Armageddon but I know some people are convinced it is.  What about you?  

spock

Hi Spock,

We`ll just have to watch the rebuilding of the city of Babylon over the next few years.

Ok, the 2 wars –

1. The Russian Federation –

` I (God) will turn you around & put hooks into your jaws........Gog,....Gomer & many peoples....Persia, Ethiopia & Libya....you will come from your place out of the far north...` (Ez. 38: 1 – 6, & 15)

2. All the kings of the earth – Armageddon.

`For they are the spirits of demons....which go out to the kings of the earth, & of the whole earth, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty – Armageddon.` (Rev. 16: 14 & 16)

Looks quite different to me. What do you see?

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

9 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Hello sister Marilyn, greetings in Christ name.

You just pointed out something that God laid on my heart recently, Babylon is..........the world, Daniel saw the Beast Systems of Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome as (world)Kingdoms of Beasts, Nebuchadnezzar saw them as precious metals. What gets destroyed by the 21 judgments Seals/Trumps/Vial in Revelation ? The Beast System/World is only men trying to rule without God at its head, so Babylon is Fallen, is Fallen, is the judgments upon this world or Beast System. It burns, there are asteroids, earthquakes etc. etc. The merchants crying are those men that trusted in money over God, their whole world has turned into chaos. That city, Babylon, represents all the Beast Systems. And we know what happens to the idol in Daniel chapter 2, the Rock (Jesus) was hewn out of the Mountain (God) and destroyed the idol. And the Saints were given the Kingdom. Amen.

The Great Harlot, whom everyone calls Babylon, which is a misnomer imho, she is All False Religion from the beginning of time. That's why she has the blood of the Saints and Martyrs on her hands, and made the Kings drunk with her wine, the Apostles were drunk in the Holy Spirit. Yin/Yang. She rides the Beasts back because False Religion has been a part of every Beast System. God called Israel a Harlot when she served false gods. Another clue is the Kings in league with the Beast, burn and destroy the Harlot in Rev. 17:16, but why ? Because he destroys all False Religion, (and comes against Christians and tries to come against Israel) because he want to be the ONLY GOD, and wants to be worshiped as God. 

God Bless....probably off subject, sorry.

Hi Revelation man,

Glad you have come into the conversation. I agree that Babylon represents man`s anti-God world system, incorporating the Political, economic & religious systems. And yes I also agree it does represent or show that it is man`s anti-God system that killed all the prophets & saints.

Marilyn.