johnc5055

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Regarding the Shroud of Turin. If we go the Bible and accept the Scriptures, it must be false and it has nothing to do with Christ.

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (1 Cor. 11:14).

Long hair is a glory and a covering for women not men.

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (1 Cor. 11:15).

These Scripture being recorded in the Bible, I doubt Jesus would have had long hair as is depicted in the shroud and also in many icons? The shroud of Turin also shows long hair and a beard still on the face of the one depicted on it.

And Scripture teaches Jesus had a beard.

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting." (Isa. 50:6).

The shroud of Turin is like a bed sheet. Its one piece from head to toe. Jesus was wrapped in linen strips as the Scriptures teach, and His head was wrapped in a seperate napkin so that negates the shroud for a start. You probably know this anyway.

"Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself." (John 20:6-7).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I don't mean to stick up for the shroud, but it was my impression that Jesus had not had the normal preparation for burial because of the time of day....  It was my opinion that he was hastily put in Joseph's tomb to be later taken care of.   Might be wrong about that, but it is what I have been taught from my earliest memories.

As for hair, what is long and what is short.....   Compared to Crystal Gale the hair on the shroud is very short.

One would have to know the customs of that day as to what was considered short and long.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.13
  • Days Won:  0

As for long hair, there were exceptions like Samson and John the Baptist, just to mention two.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

As for long hair, there were exceptions like Samson and John the Baptist, just to mention two.

very true.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

We have this discussion on many other threads but I'll repeat myself here because you are denying the truth of God's word. 

I am rejecting the validity of the Gap Theory.  The truth of God's Word is embedded in the Ten Commandments.  Everything was created within the six days of Creation.  It could not get plainer than that.

47 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't mean to stick up for the shroud, but it was my impression that Jesus had not had the normal preparation for burial because of the time of day....  It was my opinion that he was hastily put in Joseph's tomb to be later taken care of.   Might be wrong about that, but it is what I have been taught from my earliest memories.

As for hair, what is long and what is short.....   Compared to Crystal Gale the hair on the shroud is very short.

One would have to know the customs of that day as to what was considered short and long.

Here it is mate. Its in the Scriptures, how He was buried, and we believe what's in the Scriptures.

Jesus was buried in the traditional way wrapped in linen strips, with spices, and His head wrapped in a separate napkin, which was also found in the tomb by Peter, lying by itself.

John 19:38-40,

V. 38, And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.

V. 39, And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and alos, about an hundred pound weight. 

V. 40, Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen cloths with spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

"Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself." (John 20:6-7).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.13
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

I am rejecting the validity of the Gap Theory.  The truth of God's Word is embedded in the Ten Commandments.  Everything was created within the six days of Creation.  It could not get plainer than that.

And I reject your authority to interpret Holy Scripture for me.  Is that plain enough for you?

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Hi Ezra.

Notice how many times, and every time God said, "after their kind," the whales, the beast, everything that creepeth, the cattle the fowl, every bird;  

Gen 1:21, And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:25
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 6:20
Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
Gen 7:14
They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

After what kind do you believe God was talking about? Its easy to see in the Scriptures, the kind that were here before.

After the kind that were originally created, in Gen. 1:1, "In the beginning," the kind that God destroyed Gen. 1:2, with man, the cities, the sun, moon and stars, there was no light, and every living thing that "PERISHED."

God told Adam and Eve to replenish the earth, in Gen. 1:28, And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,  and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth11 upon the earth.

The Earth must have been plenished some time before for God for Him tell to tell Adam and Eve to go and replenish the Earth, in the same way God told Noah and his family to be fruitful, and multiply and replenish the earth, because it was plenished before God sent the second flood.

Gen 9:1, "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth."

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

54 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

After what kind do you believe God was talking about? Its easy to see in the Scriptures, the kind that were here before.

There's another way to interpret "after their kind".  It simply means according to their species.  IOW God made specific species of creatures at the time of creation.  They did not evolve.  A hummingbird was a hummingbird at that time, as it is now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

14 hours ago, johnc5055 said:

concluded that the decay of c, the velocity of light, has followed a cosecant-squared curve with a correlation coefficient of better than 99%.

just for reference, here's a plot of CodeCogsEqn.png

c2c^2.png

we're talking about very steep decay of the speed C.png in the past - before it was measurable - and a very slight difference now - when it happens to be measurable - that could well in fact be explained by margin of error and more precise measurement. 

i've been interested in this idea since the 80's, but there is no definitive 'proof' i've ever seen.