IGNORED

What do you think of Christians getting tattoos?

rethinknow

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Are my opinions more important than God's Word? Got Questions is a reliable Christian ministry. They post God's Word in a literal sense which is what God has intended for us.They also use excellent hermeneutics which many on Worthy need to learn. Jesus read the Holy Bible literally. What shouldn't we? With all of the false doctrine and teaching on Worthy I think it is important for members to have their eyes and minds digest the TRUTH.If they do not want to do that I guess the choice is up to them. You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink.

So then the Holy Spirit is leading you to gotquestions.org? If so than that's great. He generally leads me to the Bible, but He also leads me other places as well.  I suppose I am said thirsty horse full of false doctrine in your opinion, which oddly enough seems good enough to mock others but not quite up to snuff to trust as far as the spiritual goes. That's ok, the gospel of grace Jesus left for us is a difficult thing to accept and often people would rather mock the messenger than go through the work of prayer and study. I suppose some people are just not destined to agree. I will refrain from either calling you names or mocking your beliefs. Instead I will pray for you. Good night.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Flsnookman said:

So then the Holy Spirit is leading you to gotquestions.org? If so than that's great. He generally leads me to the Bible, but He also leads me other places as well.  I suppose I am said thirsty horse full of false doctrine in your opinion, which oddly enough seems good enough to mock others but not quite up to snuff to trust as far as the spiritual goes. That's ok, the gospel of grace Jesus left for us is a difficult thing to accept and often people would rather mock the messenger than go through the work of prayer and study. I suppose some people are just not destined to agree. I will refrain from either calling you names or mocking your beliefs. Instead I will pray for you. Good night.

There are a lot of "so called" Christian Bible Study websites out there. Originally I went to many of them. Trying to find one that was really teaching the truth and what the Bible really says. What God wants us to see. I have several resources that I use along with my Bible.  I saw so much garbage out there. I prayed for God to guide me in this search. It took awhile and I just happen to find "Got Questions". It took awhile to sift out all the garbage from the other websites. CARM is ok as well. The Bible does say that those who teach people the Word of God will be judged much more harshly than people who do not. So we had better put the truth out there because your judgment ain't gonna be pretty if you do not. Thank you I can use all the prayers I can get. God Bless :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 6/12/2016 at 8:19 PM, Butero said:

The judgment about the gentiles obviously doesn't mean that if they abstain from pollutions of idols, fornication, things strangled and blood, all is well.  Things like murder and theft aren't even in that list.  Notice what it says in Acts 15:19-21

19  Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God.

20  But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21  For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath day.

Verse 21 is the key to fully understanding this.  It was normal for the Christian believers to meet on Sunday (the Lord's Day) and also go to the synagogue on Saturday (the Sabbath Day).  They were exposed to God's laws in the synagogue.  What was taking place that led to this ruling was there were Jews who came to believe in Jesus who were teaching that in order to be saved, one had to be circumcised and keep even the ceremonial laws.  That is what they were saying wasn't true. 

I don't agree with women in combat, and disagree with Israel having women fighting in the army.  I don't find any Biblical examples of this taking place, and your example was not of a woman in the military.  Every decision made by the Israeli government isn't necessarily correct.  I support them and their right to exist, and will continue to defend them against Muslim acts of terror, but I don't agree with women in combat. 

I can't remember who said they don't agree with women in the military in combat but I have to say, if I was younger I would join the military and gladly fight for my country.  

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, woundeddog said:

Leviticus:19:28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:

I do not see the OT as a legalistic bent on control but a Holy God Who says what He desires and don't desire... so if He doesn't desire it then and there is not change in desire within God... I suppose He doesn't desire it now. I find myself fully growing more toward His desires than my own :thumbsup: 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, GoldenEagle said:

And yet not all tattoos are like the ones previously posted... Some are very, very different:

79b893a1779c794a1971c7f8db4fb569.jpg

c7d5468daebf6e5916d9903e5216885e.jpg

d96d077a2e333beb5ea1445a75dbca01.jpg

God bless,

GE

So do you believe that God desires no marks... and we put God stuff there - He is okay with it?

2 hours ago, Flsnookman said:

Gotquestions is neither the Word nor the final authority on the Word. You seem like an intelligent well versed person, why not give your own thoughts on matters? True, it would open you to being disagreed with from time to time but the Holy Spirit lives inside you as well. Why not trust Him instead of someone else's opinion. Not an attack, just a thought.

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)

[28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

[29] Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

[30] Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

[31] But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

13 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Leviticus:19:28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:

14 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

So do you believe that God desires no marks... and we put God stuff there - He is okay with it?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, woundeddog said:

this could be a circular loop from which is no escape :P 

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

this could be a circular loop from which is no escape :P 

Leviticus:19:28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:-- It could also be how God feels about Tattoos!!! :-)

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, RustyAngeL said:

I can't remember who said they don't agree with women in the military in combat but I have to say, if I was younger I would join the military and gladly fight for my country.  

I sure don't understand why.  The way our military is used today, they are sent into all kinds of skirmishes where we have no national interest.  We aren't talking about a situation like World War 2 where we were fighting for our survival.  You could make the argument that we are facing a fight for survival against terrorists, but we really aren't fighting in a way to defeat them, so I can't see the logic in why you would want to join the military. 

My argument against women in combat has to do with this idea that women should have equal opportunity when it comes to having the choice to fight in combat.  If they really want equality as they claim, then I say that women should be forced to register for selective service like men have to do and face a draft in the future if one is needed.  Most women don't want that.  They want preferential treatment when it comes to registering for a potential draft, but they also want the choice to fight in combat roles.  That is not equality.  It is preferential treatment.