GoldenEagle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I don't know what your age is, angels, but I saw a lady not long ago who was wearing capris and had a roughly eight inch long tattoo on her calf.  She was in her seventies if not older ( didn't ask)

lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't ask me either,,,,lol,Morning Glory,when I put on a skirt & a short sleeve blouse I must look just like that vision of beauty,,,,,,oh dear?

But yeah,,,,,,,,,,,it doesn't bother me at all,I wish they were not there for the simple fact of looking silly at my age but it is what it is & it is what it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm covered in the Precious Blood of Jesus,God doesn't even see the silly things,,,,,He Sees Jesus,the Blood of His Lamb!!!!!

Whew,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PRAISE JESUS!!!!!                               Love you girls,,,,,my Sistahs

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

Where in the NT does it say that it is a sin to get a tattoo?

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1 John 2:15,16).

Can this passage be applied to tattoos?  Absolutely.  Are they one of the manifestations of the world?  Absolutely.  Do they involve all three lusts?  Absolutely.  Some meditation on this application of Scripture will confirm that tattoos do not display a love of the Father, who has forbidden cutting and marking the flesh.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Ezra said:

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1 John 2:15,16).

Can this passage be applied to tattoos?  Absolutely.  Are they one of the manifestations of the world?  Absolutely.  Do they involve all three lusts?  Absolutely.  Some meditation on this application of Scripture will confirm that tattoos do not display a love of the Father, who has forbidden cutting and marking the flesh.

Yes it can. Do you still have a television set?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

32 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't ask me either,,,,lol,Morning Glory,when I put on a skirt & a short sleeve blouse I must look just like that vision of beauty,,,,,,oh dear?

But yeah,,,,,,,,,,,it doesn't bother me at all,I wish they were not there for the simple fact of looking silly at my age but it is what it is & it is what it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm covered in the Precious Blood of Jesus,God doesn't even see the silly things,,,,,He Sees Jesus,the Blood of His Lamb!!!!!

Whew,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PRAISE JESUS!!!!!                               Love you girls,,,,,my Sistahs

Kwik, if I look at your profile picture,you're just a chickie

chickie-2.jpg

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 5/27/2016 at 6:27 PM, shiloh357 said:

I know older people who have them and are sorry they got them.   They are cool when you're young and your skin is tight and firm.  But when a person gets old and wrinkled and their skin sags, the tattoos are just ugly.

:24:

Funny you should mention sagging skin . . . During the tattoo craze while working at a university I used to see all the younger folks inked up on mass transit - then would see an older person where the tatt had aged, faded, and stretched. Those don't look good at all. They may have better ink, etc. these days but those tatts are not going to age well.

My feeling on the tatt thing is basically I ignore them and focus on the person, although I have met some believers who reworked the tatts from their old lives into something Christ honoring after they were saved. Those can be a good conversation starter sometimes, and many say reworking them was cheaper than full removal.

I never really wanted a tattoo myself, and that really has little to do with the Bible its just a personal preference for me. I've known too many family members and others over the years who all said they regretted getting them at some point or other. As a kid, I'd ask about them, and sometimes the stories were kinda cool and at other times there was a stony silence that said you shouldn't have asked. There's also the practical side of it: they hurt when you get them and can get infected also. Then there's the other side: removing them is more costly than getting them - and more painful - from what some have told me. I think I'll just go with the bumps, lumps, and scars I've already got, thanks. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

46 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Amen, Kwik!

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

you do eventually run out of skin :o  PS see MG the frog's looking better all the time :happyhappy: 

:huh:

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Love you and Kwik sister :):emot-heartbeat:

:)

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, walla299 said:

:24:

Funny you should mention sagging skin . . . During the tattoo craze while working at a university I used to see all the younger folks inked up on mass transit - then would see an older person where the tatt had aged, faded, and stretched. Those don't look good at all. They may have better ink, etc. these days but those tatts are not going to age well.

My feeling on the tatt thing is basically I ignore them and focus on the person, although I have met some believers who reworked the tatts from their old lives into something Christ honoring after they were saved. Those can be a good conversation starter sometimes, and many say reworking them was cheaper than full removal.

I never really wanted a tattoo myself, and that really has little to do with the Bible its just a personal preference for me. I've known too many family members and others over the years who all said they regretted getting them at some point or other. As a kid, I'd ask about them, and sometimes the stories were kinda cool and at other times there was a stony silence that said you shouldn't have asked. There's also the practical side of it: they hurt when you get them and can get infected also. Then there's the other side: removing them is more costly than getting them - and more painful - from what some have told me. I think I'll just go with the bumps, lumps, and scars I've already got, thanks. :)

I can't ever envision a scenario where I would get one.   There is nothing on me that wasn't put there by the manufacturer.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

43 minutes ago, Ezra said:

a.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I can't ever envision a scenario where I would get one.   There is nothing on me that wasn't put there by the manufacturer.

lol, I'm with you , I hope everybody knows I was joking?

Nope, I can't see you with a tattoo either~~~ :)\

:rofl: