• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

you do eventually run out of skin :o  PS see MG the frog's looking better all the time :happyhappy: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Tattoos are worldly. They are a sign of the times. The times are not getting better, people are not getting kinder in this world.

In this world, selfishness, self glorification is the main.

People are acting more aggressive, more self-righteous, calling bad =good and good=bad.

Tattoos are sign of the times, not going forward but going backwards, becoming more primal, more animal.

I can understand a non christian getting a tattoo and doing a whole lot of other worldly things,

but

Why would a christian want to get a tattoo?

Some here scorn what is said in the old testament about tattoos?

Do these same scoffers of the writings and warnings of the old testament also think then that witchcraft today is acceptable?

We even as Christians seem to pick and choose what we want from the bible (old and new)

Christ Jesus came for those in need of a physician.

Truth is we ALL are in need of the great physician Christ Jesus.

He alone takes away our sins and sicknesses, restores our mind to His soundness,

as we draw closer and closer to Him through our daily walk with Him.

There are now two threads on the topic of tattoos.

From an earlier thread and post on the topic of tattoos:

From bopeep's post in topic thread: Tattoos - Is it within God's will?

“Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:28)

So, even though believers today are not under the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15), the fact that there was a command against tattoos should raise some questions. The New Testament does not say anything about whether or not a believer should get a tattoo.

We do have this command in 1 Peter 3:3–4: “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” Granted, this passage is directed at Christian women, but there is a principle here that may be apropos: namely, a person’s external appearance should not be the focus of our attention. Much effort goes into “elaborate hairstyles” and “fine clothes” and jewelry, but that’s not where a woman’s true beauty lies. In the same way, tattoos and body piercings are “outward adornment,” and we should be careful to give more effort to the development of the “inner self,” regardless of our gender.

In relation to tattoos and body piercings, a good test is to determine whether we can honestly, in good conscience, ask God to bless and use that particular activity for His own good purposes. “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31). The New Testament does not specifically command against tattoos or body piercings, but it also does not give us any reason to believe God would have us get tattoos or body piercings.

An important scriptural principle on issues the Bible does not specifically address is if there is room for doubt whether it pleases God, then it is best not to engage in that activity. Romans 14:23 reminds us that anything that does not come from faith is sin. We need to remember that our bodies, as well as our souls, have been redeemed and belong to God. Although 1 Corinthians 6:19–20 does not directly apply to tattoos or body piercings, it does give us a principle: “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” This great truth should have a real bearing on what we do and where we go with our bodies. If our bodies belong to God, we should make sure we have His clear “permission” before we “mark them up” with tattoos or body piercings.

From gdemoss's  post from thread :Tattoos - Is it within God's will?

My question is what in the bible would lead me to getting a tattoo?  I have never found anything that would so I see no reason to run out and get one.

Tattoos, for me, are selfish and self-centered. If I start wanting one then next thing you know I am looking for a loophole in the bible to get one.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Given how expensive tattoos are, this guy could have probably taken the same $$ and bought a house, or invested in real estate and become a millionaire, started a business, and so many other things that would have paid off way better in the future.

If you ask me it was just a bad choice.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Why would a christian want to get a tattoo?

Absolutely no reason, unless that Christian want to follow the dictates of the world.  John says, "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world".  Tattoos are clearly one of the things of the world (particularly biker gangs and Russian mafia).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

If you ask me it was just a bad choice.

What about calling that *sin* instead of a bad choice?  We need to call a spade a spade.

Just now, Ezra said:

What about calling that *sin* instead of a bad choice?  We need to call a spade a spade.

I do not think it is a sin to get a tattoo. It all depends on the tattoo. What is in a person's heart when getting this tattoo? What does the tattoo represent? Where in the NT does it say that it is a sin to get a tattoo? Forget about the OT because that is being legalistic.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,

There was a time where I was very rebellious & I went 'out into the world" ,l ran amok & became "of the world",lI won't go on & on but to make a long story short,during that time I got tattoos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when I came BACK to my Lord & Savior,on my knees,I felt very bad about getting 'tattoos",,,,,,,,,,,,but I was immature then & came to understand that it was just "scars" left from battle,,,,,,,,,,,,,the battle was my flesh & my spirit,the struggle,the conflict,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sin? No,not sin,,,,,ignorance,arrogance,youth,rebellion,,,,,,,,,my entire lifestyle was sinful & everything I did,,,the FLESH has been crucified & I only bear the reminders of what God brought me out of,,,,I can see the "old man" but I can barely remember her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks to Jesus

Would I get a tattoo today,no,of course not,,,,,,,,,,,,why would I ? There is no part of my flesh (or me)that needs adornment or attention,I want WHO is IN ME to stand out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Glory to God                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Anything that God is not keeping... yet we cling to with heart and resource is a vanity! No vanity goes with us: so
that portion of heart in desire shown through effort is lost resource to the eternity and can be perceived as waste!
I perceive sin to be wasted resource as well!  Love, Steven

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Anything that God is not keeping... yet we cling to with heart and resource is a vanity! No vanity goes with us: so
that portion of heart in desire shown through effort is lost resource to the eternity and can be perceived as waste!

So you mean to say , you and I should not get a tattoo?

I was hoping you could find  us both a nice one :) ?

12 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Yes, vanity definitely plays a part in tattoos.