IGNORED

Someone said, The Bible says that God has no form, no image.

HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

50 minutes ago, Kan said:

No thanks, I am familiar with it, and I don't mind what it means, it's just that the word outside of the Bible, has been spiritualized away by false doctrines in religion.

How about the word Holy Spirit?

Or His Spirit?

I believe you have to read it in the right connection as there are many spirits but there are not all of God. 

There are many false spirits in the world~~

(sorry,I didn't read the whole conversation)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/15/2016 at 8:51 PM, angels4u said:

How about the word Holy Spirit?

Or His Spirit?

I believe you have to read it in the right connection as there are many spirits but there are not all of God. 

There are many false spirits in the world~~

(sorry,I didn't read the whole conversation)

We guess that many people would think of God and Jesus as Divine Beings with form, but when it comes to the Holy Spirit they even dare to say that He is just a power and not a Person at all.

The Holy Spirit is the Person of the Godhead Who is the only contact and connection we have to both the Father and the Son. The nature of the Holy Spirit is to represent God, but He has only ever shown Jesus to us. He even revealed to Peter who Jesus really was. Indeed anyone who recognized and received Christ as the Son of God, was illuminated by the Holy Spirit. So if the representative and contact to God is invisible why should we expect to know what God looks like? Our only vision has been the humanity of Christ, whom the Holy Spirit has shown to be God.

He is called the Holy Ghost as well, and ghost has the same meaning as spirit in the OT, which has nothing to do with the disembodied spooks of religions. Rather the Spirit brings the evidence or the workings of something very powerful which cannot be seen. As Jesus said, you can't see the wind, but you can see the results.

I believe if the Holy Spirit could be seen, we would be looking at God in the form of a man, a perfect man. But since our existence is only a slice of the Divine realm, we can never see God in full, like Jesus said - no one has seen the Father except the Son. You have to be God to be able to see Him. 

We accept that the universe has finite properties, and God has infinite characteristics, none of which necessarily comply to the physics of the universe. 

When we think of omnipresence and such strange sounding words, we try and stretch our imagination how that could be, but it is easier to think of our universe as a lesser item, such as a photo compared to real life.

To think that Christ would retain His humanity for ever, rather than go back to His former glory, is kind of heartbreaking...but apparently He would be disappointed not to. What love.