Strange contact on facebook

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

So, I'm not so  Naive as to think there aren't  women online that want to marry an American man for citizenship. 

I was contacted by some Jew born and raised in Israel,  and she was very persistent in asking me my philosophies on everything,  hobbies,  what I'm looking for. 

Made a video for her answering all her questions,   have many problems, been in jail,  in a sober house, that I had drug problems, I'm broke, not really marriage material, but she quickly stated she'd be with a broke man who lives in poverty as long as he loves her and is honest. 

My facebook page contained primarily just prayers, personal spirituality, jokes,  and lots of info on Islam not being a religion of peace, but  nothing indicating I want to hook up with anyone. 

Yet,  after sharing all the reasons why I'm not Material for a blissful marriage, it was then that she expressed a desire to work as a team and marry me  because I appear to be what she's looking for. 

It sounds very suspicious but it could be she just  says what's on her mind.  I'm sure many of us here have  extensively converse with someone, and the first day we met them had thoughts of marriage to them, but of course wouldn't speak those thoughts. 

So,  since  the internet can be a dangerous place , I thought I would ask for any of your thoughts on this. 

She could perhaps  be a terrorist  who wants me to be taken out because I have so much knowledge of Mohammed, the Koran, am fanatically promoting Trump,  and the barbaric history of Islam. :P

Or just a Jew who really likes my style :D

Something doesn't feel right so will need to be skeptical and pray.  Since I made it clear that I'm broke and in a sober house with no degree and other problems doesn't that almost eliminate the chances of it being someone wanting financial gain? 

Edited by spiderman1917

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

many people move heaven and earth so to speak to legally get into the US.   Chances are that as soon as you were married and she became legal, she'd dump you, so it would not matter your life circumstances....   Has happened to a couple of my friends kids over the past ten years.  It's rather heartbreaking to find out that they really never cared for you in the first place.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

13 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

So, I'm not so  Naive as to think there aren't  women online that want to marry an American man for citizenship. 

I was contacted by some Jew born and raised in Israel,  and she was very persistent in asking me my philosophies on everything,  hobbies,  what I'm looking for. 

Made a video for her answering all her questions,   have many problems, been in jail,  in a sober house, that I had drug problems, I'm broke, not really marriage material, but she quickly stated she'd be with a broke man who lives in poverty as long as he loves her and is honest. 

My facebook page contained primarily just prayers, personal spirituality, jokes,  and lots of info on Islam not being a religion of peace, but  nothing indicating I want to hook up with anyone. 

Yet,  after sharing all the reasons why I'm not Material for a blissful marriage, it was then that she expressed a desire to work as a team and marry me  because I appear to be what she's looking for. 

It sounds very suspicious but it could be she just  says what's on her mind.  I'm sure many of us here have  extensively converse with someone, and the first day we met them had thoughts of marriage to them, but of course wouldn't speak those thoughts. 

So,  since  the internet can be a dangerous place , I thought I would ask for any of your thoughts on this. 

She could perhaps  be a terrorist  who wants me to be taken out because I have so much knowledge of Mohammed, the Koran, am fanatically promoting Trump,  and the barbaric history of Islam. :P

Or just a Jew who really likes my style :D

Something doesn't feel right so will need to be skeptical and pray.  Since I made it clear that I'm broke and in a sober house with no degree and other problems doesn't that almost eliminate the chances of it being someone wanting financial gain? 

Listen to your gut feeling about this, Spiderman.  No rational person would want to marry someone they have never met.  I personally know girls from South America, Columbia, who met and married American men just to get American citizenship.  One is still with the husband, the other took off with a younger guy.  Don't trust ANYONE you meet on the internet.  'She' could be a Hindu man for all you know.  Meet girls in places where you see them in person and have something in common or through mutual friends.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

My FB page is set to friends only and I won't talk to anyone I don't know. Or add them to my friend's list. Most of my friend's list is my family. You need to be very careful online. People are not always what they seem to be.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

My FB page is set to friends only and I won't talk to anyone I don't know. Or add them to my friend's list. Most of my friend's list is my family. You need to be very careful online. People are not always what they seem to be.

That's exactly what I do too, LK.  Family and real life friends only.  And you are so right about people on the internet; remember what just happened to that lady on 'Sister Wives'.  She was totally catfished.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

my Partner as you know MG is out in Texas we met online yes but i have seen him on camera so i know he is who he says he is however i would never rush to move to him etc for that very reason 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

You have a couple of options: (1) Thanks but no thanks or (2) come down and visit and we will talk.  But you will need to make it clear that you can only marry a Christian, and that needs to be settled before any further communication.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

It sounds strange to me.  It would be more suitable to date someone that was from your own country that you could meet and get to know really well.  Then you would more likely have an idea of who they are as a person.  People can lie so much online.

Yeah... Something just feels uneasy... She doesn't answer some of the questions I ask but it could be her understanding this language.... 

...either way,  I'm very sufficiently letting her know I've got serious problems and not one I would wish my worst enemy to marry :P

just trying to discern if God wants me to minister to her in some way.   I've met frauds and con artists online and she doesn't resemble them,  but it still seems I've got someone highly unusual and confused falling in love with me. 

I'm just gonna keep telling her that this life is short and fragile,  this is not our home,  and no creature can she turn to for happiness but God. 

There is a lesson god is trying to teach in this. 

Edited by spiderman1917

She mentions God alot and I go to the basilica and make videos and prayers for her,  and try to get her to see that  our happiness cannot be in this world but in the next one, and the  happiness and Delight we find in this world must be found in our Lord,  not in people,  possessions,  or carnal pleasure. 

She's attractive but I have a feeling there may be something wrong with her and I'm uneasy with this.  

it is just a lonely sad world for a lot of people and they think something other than God can make them happy. 

She said Israel is a scary horrible place to live and she wants to start a new life somewhere else. 

But yeah,  who knows when someone online is telling the truth. Something just don't feel right. 

Edited by spiderman1917