• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I did not say anything about the OT believers.   There were OT saints.  No one is denying that.  But you are using that to muddy the water about the unbelievers who blasphemed the Holy Spirit.   No one under the OT economy was born again, or filled with the Spirit.  That is a NT concept.

The men who accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons were not "believers."    You will not convince anyone that they were.   That's who we're talking about. 

Yes there were Pharisees who became believers in Jesus, but that is beside the point here.   The men who rejected Jesus were not believers and were on their way to Hell.  

I'll stick with the Bible on this. 

So in other words... "don't confuse me with the facts I believe what I want to believe and nobody's going to tell me any different."

With that mindset you're absolutely right and there's no use in having any discussion with you given the intractability of your beliefs. The funny thing is the Pharisees were just as intractable.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, StanJ said:

So in other words... "don't confuse me with the facts I believe what I want to believe and nobody's going to tell me any different."

With that mindset you're absolutely right and there's no use in having any discussion with you given the intractability of your beliefs. The funny thing is the Pharisees were just as intractable.

Yeah, the old "Pharisee" put down.   I have the facts and I know how the Bible defines who is or is not a believer.   I am right and you're wrong.  If that's a problem, you dont' to have interact on this thread. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello Beebert

Yes, all sinners are welcomed by Jesus to be saved!  The sinner who comes to the Lord and confesses their sin and belief in Him, confesses belief in Jesus before men, repents and begins to live the life Jesus has planned for them, is desperate for a relationship with God, cries out to God with all their heart, God will hear.  There will be a change where that person has the "born again" experience.  The Holy Spirit will make that person alive in Christ.  A new creation emerges.  Jesus begins to have relationship with that person and continues to reveal Himself by the power of the Holy Spirit as time goes on.  He speaks to us - through His Word, through preaching, through His people and through other means such as He uses.  He has spoken to me audibly, through visions and confirmation of His Word.  He often uses these experiences to let us know He is there.  The born again experience with the Lord simply must happen before we die, as after death we no longer have the power to make the choice anymore.  Jesus died for the whole world, or "whosever will may come" "the sinner who comes to Me I will in no wise cast out" (all in scripture but I would have to look it up to get you the book, chapter and verse references (just woke up)).  My brother is a case in point.  I was the only one saved in my family, and he was my only brother.  He got prostate cancer and fought it for 10 years.  During that time my husband and I witnessed to him; I sent him books and spoke to him quietly about God, all while battling the new age beliefs of his partner.  She had an aversion to us talking about Jesus, so he warned us not to mention His name in front of her.  I believe God was working in his life, because 10 days before he died he asked me to come and speak to him.  In front of her, he committed his life to God.  He had had all his life to do this but was on his deathbed before he did.  How we rejoiced!  I was such a sinner before I gave my life to God.  It just must happen before we die! As long as we are alive God gives us the chance to accept Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, the old "Pharisee" put down.   I have the facts and I know how the Bible defines who is or is not a believer.   I am right and you're wrong.  If that's a problem, you dont' to have interact on this thread. 

You're the one putting down the Pharisees by saying they weren't believers when Jesus actually acknowledged they were. They believed in the God of the Old Testament and they believed in the Old Covenant laws so at that time that made them a believer. Their sin was not accepting Jesus as the promised savior of Israel. If you're going to act and speak like the Pharisees did in the New Testament then expect to be called on it, but notice unlike you are doing to them, I'm not calling you an unbeliever.  I'm sure you'll get banned soon enough on this thread as well. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, StanJ said:

How exactly can unbelievers sin if they're not under the law? If blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is the only thing that is unforgivable then obviously that means that any other sin against the holy spirit is forgivable.  Do you always do everything the Holy Spirit leads you to do? If you don't, is that not sin? Rom 14:23.

Unbelievers are condemned already:

For God So Loved
…17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and onlySon. 19And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.

Any other sin then blaspheming the Holy Spirit  can be forgiven ,they will not lead to damnation. If we confess our sins, our Heavenly Father will forgive us our sins.

1 John 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

I try to do what the Holy Spirit wants me to do,but as Paul, I fail and do often the things I don't want to do and confess them to God, who will forgive me my sins.

Romans 7:15

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

• Group:  Advanced Member

11 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Unbelievers are condemned already:

that's right, but not because they sinned but because they didn't accept Jesus as their savior. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, StanJ said:

that's right, but not because they sinned but because they didn't accept Jesus as their savior. 

Amen..

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, StanJ said:

You're the one putting down the Pharisees by saying they weren't believers when Jesus actually acknowledged they were. They believed in the God of the Old Testament and they believed in the Old Covenant laws so at that time that made them a believer. Their sin was not accepting Jesus as the promised savior of Israel. If you're going to act and speak like the Pharisees did in the New Testament then expect to be called on it, but notice unlike you are doing to them, I'm not calling you an unbeliever.  I'm sure you'll get banned soon enough on this thread as well. 

StanJ was banned from the thread and will be issued a warning point for this statement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

16 hours ago, Beebert said:

rejected by God because of his earlier no? 

Hey Beebert!!!!  if a person has changed their mind- that is repentance and the former choice no longer  dictates a persons relationship with the Lord-- so when a person changes their mind- God forgives and all is well!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/5/2016 at 4:39 PM, HAZARD said:

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing to the devil the works or manifestations of the Holy Ghost.

It is unforgivable if done maliciously or knowingly.Matthew 12:32 ; Mark 3:28 ; Luke 12:10.

Amen that is it exactly.