• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Good question...

Ā 

"Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. - Luke 13:24"

Ā 

"Not everyone who says to Me, ā€˜Lord, Lord,ā€™ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. - Matthew 7:21"

Ā 

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Ā  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. - Matthew 7:22-23"

Ā 

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ā€˜Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Meā€™. Then they also will answer Him, saying, ā€˜Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?ā€™Ā Then He will answer them, saying, ā€˜Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.ā€™ - Matthew 25:41-45"

Ā 

"And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. - Matthew 25:46"

Ā 

Considering all have the free will to choose between different options... It seems like those who decided for the bad ones will not be saved.

Ā 

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. - Matthew 7:24-25"

Ā 

"But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash. - Matthew 7:26-27"

Ā 

Let us all be wise builders then... ^_^

Yes, but what are you actually hoping to give as answer to the OP question? "Once saved always save"?Ā One can take those out of context verses you pasted either way.

As they can the wise builder remark.Ā 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

God's word gives a parable about those who were apostles with Jesus and yet they walked away from him and his ministry. To which one of the apostles said, they left the discipleship because they were never truly one with the master.Ā 

Those who believe we save ourselves are deluded. We are saved as the Bible's words tell us, not by our will! But by the grace of God. God calls to him whom he will to be saved. Jesus came to save the sinners, not the righteous. Jesus' sheep know his voice. And that is why they come to him, the eternal shepherd. Those whom God has called to him arrive in his hand and no one shall cast them out. When the eternal all knowing Word that was In The Beginning, says no one will cast us out, that means not even we can cast ourselves away.Ā 

To fall out of eternal life/Salvation in Christ we would have to be able to evict God's Holy Spirit that indwells the believer. That would make our free will more powerful than the God that knew us, the saints that would find our way to salvation, before God created the world we now inhabit more powerful than the God that called us by name to him. He would have had to make a mistake bestowing his grace upon us and promising us eternal salvation, if we could freely give it back.Ā 

That's simply not what the scriptures say. And that's not what Jesus died on the cross for. Jesus didn't die to give transitory life. He didn't die to give temporary salvation based on our desire to stay saved.Ā 

Those who believe they have to work their lives away in order to find out if they did a good job in the flesh once they arrive before God in the spirit, so as to know if they worked, deserve, eternal life were never saved in this life. They were deluded, nominal (name) only christians. They followed a lie they thought was the truth.Ā 

Ā 

It's called ETERNAL LIFE AND SALVATION BY THE GRACE OF GOD.Ā 

You and your ego have not a thing to do with it. And if you think you can give it back, be un-reborn, evict the holy spirit, then guess what? You're not a Christian in the first place. You're the example in that parable about those disciples that walked away from Christ because they were never one with him in the first place.Ā 

Ā 

Don't ever let anyone tell you eternal life is not eternal. They're lying to you! And their doctrine is of the devil that hopes you believe. It really is as plain and simple as that.Ā 

Read the Bible! John 3:16. Watch enough American football games and you'll see that scripture held aloft by someone in the stands holding the sign that is the sign to read the Bible. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE!"Ā 

God said that! He sent his son to prove that. All else is blasphemy and a lie from the pit of Hell. It really is that simple. Ā 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Blue Lotus said:

God said that! He sent his son to prove that. All else is blasphemy and a lie from the pit of Hell. It really is that simple.

entire post solid teaching- 5 stars~~

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 8/2/2016 at 3:41 AM, shiloh357 said:

A person who is born again is a transformed person.Ā  They have a new heart and a sincere desire to serve the Lord.Ā  A true follower of Jesus has a love for the Bible would not change a word of it.Ā Ā 

A genuine follower of Jesus isn't going to live in sin as murderers fornicators, idolaters, liars, etc.Ā  A true follower of Jesus is someone who will be dedicated to living for Jesus.Ā  They are not looking for a way to sin.

A genuine follower of Jesus will never deny Him. He or she has no desire to deny Him.Ā  There is nothing in their heart that would ever deny Him.Ā 

That's what happens when you are transformed from the inside out.

Then explain nto me why when saved we continue to sin becase it says that if you say you have no sin you lie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

600 posts and still growing

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Bill16652 said:

Then explain nto me why when saved we continue to sin becase it says that if you say you have no sin you lie

I didn't say that we don't still sin from time to time.Ā Ā  What I said is that we don't forsake the Lord and we don't live in habitual sin if we are truly saved.Ā  A true Christian can't live in a lifestyle of sin and enjoy it.