• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for you reply back Flsnookman

And praise God for all that he has done in your life. Amen!

About being backsliden yet still saved?

Yes I would love to hope and fully believe that I would be still allowed to go into heaven, but there is also an uncertainty and fear of the Lord to quite believe this.

also Jesus teaches us to forgive and keep forgiving ALWAYS -  7X7

However when you ask for forgiveness how sincere is your heart about truly being sorry?

Just as an example, if a person spits in your face and says he is sorry and you say its o.k. I forgive you,

but than that same person keeps spiting on you? over and over, was the person who keeps spitting on you truly sorry when he said he is sorry?

that is a question of the heart, that only God can fully know about the condition of the sinners heart.

You can change the word spitting for molesting, insulting, hurting, stealing, swearing using bad language, lying, etc.

when one is truly sorry and repentant? what really happens? a change of heart?

Usually its a change of heart. and that change of heart, to help us overcome our sins, comes from the Holy Spirit of God working in our hearts to SEE that we not keep a going amiss= missing the mark with the same mistakes.

Perhaps my being more cautious on this possibility is better for me as I know my mind can begin to play tricks on me and say, do it anyway, God will forgive you endlessly as you are now under His blood covering.

Maybe even that is what Eve in the garden of Eden thought when she bit into that apple, that surely God was not serious about them dying and all if they partook of the fruit  from the tree of good and evil?  But they slowly did die, their actions made for a hard life and the penalty of their disobedience was eternal death. It does not say if Eve or Adam repented after their fall. In any regard, since their fall we ALL are under the curse that with temptation to sin, the consequences are the same without repentance and seeking repentance and forgiveness from the Lord. The only difference is that Christ Jesus came to by us back from our sins, cover them and distance them from our new selves in Him.

But even Christ Jesus said:  John 5:14

13But the man who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had slipped away while the crowd was there. 14Afterward, Jesus found the man in the temple and said to him, “See, you have been restored. Stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you.” 15And the man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.…

also the woman who was just about to being stoned.

John ch8 v11

Jesus said to her:Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more .

John ch8 v12

then Jesus spoke to them and again and saying,

"I am the light of the world, he who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of LIFE

John ch8 v31

Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed Him, : If you abide in My WORD, you are my disciples indeed = IN DEED

v32 " And you shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall make you FREE

To my understanding, being set FREE is to truly be set free and no longer be living the same way we did before we found Christ Jesus and repented to Him with true sorrow for our sins.

The change may be instant as  it may be gradual, depending on how blind we are, how lost we are, how asleep we are from the understanding of Gods Word and WILL for us,  yet we do have a part to play in taking a certain amount of responsibility for our actions.

God knows our hearts, he also knows our strongholds.

He can only help us if we keep asking Him for help and deliver us from our sins and sicknesses.

with each deliverance we receive, we grow in Him, we become more grateful, more responsible, more virtuous.

With more virtue come more blessings, more understanding and more faith and trust in Him

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I never got to read all the post on here only cause it's to long. Let me just say I don't agree with once saved always saved. What if I got saved, and I decided to be gay and marry the same sex. I'm still saved right. I mean once saved always saved means I can still sin and still be saved right. See what I mean.

Edited by tigger398

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Ok, having eternal salvation does not mean sin is ok, in fact it means we are dead to sin. I can only speak to my own situation but when I was saved a change occurred inside me. I am no longer the evil,selfish person I once was. I no longer want to hurt others or be disobedient to God. If someone says they are saved but is still the same as before then they should probably pray and ask God why this is. I am saying and in fact Jesus also says we are no longer our old sinful selves. Our real,true identity is now who we are in Christ. Will the flesh still mess up sometimes? Of course it will but since that is not who we really are any more it can not affect our salvation. 

Trust God instead of your feelings when He says you are righteous and redeemed. Trust in the work Jesus finished at the cross. 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Those who have been born of God don't continue to sin (1John 3:9) And as such are saved eternally. For Once Saved, Always Saved. Consider 1JOhn 2:19 "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." "If they had been of us they would have remained with us" proves that those who have been born of God never leave the faith.

So either you believe "Once Saved, Always Saved", or you believe in salvation by works. The latter are not saved because they don't believe the gospel.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 8/28/2016 at 11:55 AM, Flsnookman said:

By what I read and please correct me if I am mistaken, It looks like you are questioning my faith?

No I would never question your faith, I just see people using semantics all the time when they disagree with something. I am sorry if you took that any other way.

As someone who has been healed of alcoholism and addiction I know that Jesus can and will heal us. I also know that it would be absolutely impossible for me to ever deny Jesus. I might "backslide" or my flesh might win sometimes but that is NOT who I am any longer. The whole point of salvation is that our old selves are crucified, we are no longer our old selves. Our true identity is now the new creation we are in Christ. That can never be "undone" and as far as salvation goes we are sealed. Many churches want us to believe we can lose salvation so that they can keep control but again as the Word says if the Son sets you free you are free indeed. 

I know this is a difficult concept as many many churches teach that it's possible to lose salvation but Jesus and paul both say it is not. When God says we are sealed and redeemed we are sealed and redeemed. Many preachers will take certain verses out of context and try to wrestle control away from God by using fear of damnation as a tool. They say do it my way or else....I prefer to follow THE WAY. 

Again I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Very well said Mr. Flsnookman.   Let's take the man Job from the book of Job. He was a righteous man, walking in all the ways of the Lord and the tragedy that befell him.  We know the events that caused it.  A born again believer will go through trials and troubles in his walk, be it from satan or his own fleshy lust.  Our sin nature is still there, but what do we struggle against in this world or have to contend with.  The world, the flesh and the devil.  But it is all part of the journey of a believer and the man looking from the outside will make assumptions of that person walk.   When you are going through the trials and difficulties, sometimes is can seem hopeless, but the true test for gold's purity is that when it goes through the fire it is not tarnished, but when it comes out of the fire it shines even more.   A born again believer will be tried and tested.  When you know you have stood your grounds in Christ against the powers of darkness and the rest, you yourself would see the malignant wickedness and would dare not want to be in that camp and you press on.  

When you are born again or saved you exchanged the god of this world for the true and living Lord of Host, Jehovah God.  It is a day and night comparison, the veil is removed and now you see what you could not see before, how could you go back.  Never, could born again believer go back to his former world. In fact impossible.

Want to add too. The devil has a job to do here also, to make the christian life very difficult and insert doubt , fear and hopelessness.  But the trials that come, is for the believer to grow in confidence when he encounter the victories, even though there would  be scars ect.  A believer would have moments of stumbling, but he who is able to 

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy     JUDE 1:24

Edited by warrior12

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BacKaran

I never understood how people can think once your born again that you can sin like devil, where did that come from? The devil, he's lying to you.

Just a few weeks ago I almost believed a friend of mine in a discussion we had about osas, she is against it.

But I returned to Gods word and I know I'm saved to the uttermost,  that means I'm changed to thee uttermost from that old horrible life of sinning to a new life living for Christ, all of it done for me by Jesus Christ my God and my Savior with wisdom and discernment from the Holy Spirit.

Amen!.?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 8/28/2016 at 1:21 PM, tigger398 said:

I never got to read all the post on here only cause it's to long. Let me just say I don't agree with once saved always saved. What if I got saved, and I decided to be gay and marry the same sex. I'm still saved right. I mean once saved always saved means I can still sin and still be saved right. See what I mean.

this is a fallacy of many who do not hold to OSAS--- if a person is truly saved the Holy Spirit takes up residency in them, and he will lead them away from sin-- the desire for habitual sin is greatly diminished if not entirely quenched---- Because all sin is forgiven when you are saved technically you could do anything you want but in practice that will not happen- Gods grace keeps you from it.

Being eternally saved brings you in to close fellowship with God , and Gods word the Bible-- a true Berean student of the Bible will learn of the dangers of sin and lead a life that is progressively sanctified away from the habitual practice of sin

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/1/2016 at 7:41 AM, bcbsr said:

So either you believe "Once Saved, Always Saved", or you believe in salvation by works. The latter are not saved because they don't believe the gospel.

My sediments exactly. They don't know Grace, and the Faith Gospel.

On 11/19/2016 at 9:04 PM, BacKaran said:

I never understood how people can think once your born again that you can sin like devil, where did that come from? The devil, he's lying to you.

Or if you don't repent daily you're going to hell. or if you're not obedient you're going to hell. or if you don't repent minute by minute you're going to hell. i've heard it all, and yes they're all lies from satan. 2 John 1:2.

On 11/19/2016 at 10:52 PM, woundeddog said:

this is a fallacy of many who do not hold to OSAS--- if a person is truly saved the Holy Spirit takes up residency in them, and he will lead them away from sin-- the desire for habitual sin is greatly diminished if not entirely quenched---- Because all sin is forgiven when you are saved technically you could do anything you want but in practice that will not happen- Gods grace keeps you from it.

Being eternally saved brings you in to close fellowship with God , and Gods word the Bible-- a true Berean student of the Bible will learn of the dangers of sin and lead a life that is progressively sanctified away from the habitual practice of sin

You are a very anointed man sir. Thank you for sharing the truth.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

30 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

You are a very anointed man sir.

only by the grace of God, only by his Grace

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 11/19/2016 at 10:52 PM, woundeddog said:

For the most part, I agree with the above.   But Let's take the man JOB from the book of JOB.  He was righteous and was walking in the right ways before the Lord. A massive assault came upon him and well, we know the events.  So one may never know when some trial may come upon them and the severity of it which may include lust and other temptations.   Struggles may ensue or will take place as the enemy is a great tempter and can use situations to test and try your allegiance as one so profess, again like in JOB situation.     But i agree, a saved soul will endure and be strong in the Lord and the power of his might to see him through.

According to the record or the stats.  It is said that seventy percent of christian men watch the censored  stuff and that is alarming.  [ I read that somewhere, don't know if it is true or not ].

Edited by warrior12