IGNORED

It is not in the Bible ?

wincam

Guest shiloh357
16 minutes ago, wincam said:

since they definately did not come from Mary - you answer for yourself since I am sure you are the only one you are going to accept as being right - wincam  

No, it doesn't work that way.   You need to provide proof from the Bible that they were not Mary's children.  You can't.  You are relying Roman Catholic myth and lore.  Roman Catholicism needs for Mary to remain a virgin as part of its worship of Mary.   That's the problem.  But you can't really prove your claims.   All you can do deflect and tells us to prove they were her children.  The problem is that if you cannot prove they were some other woman's children, then the default position is that they were her children.  The entire burden of proof is on YOU.   You cannot offer up one shred of actual evidence to support your claim.  All you can do is rant, and that demonstrates the lack of strength and validity in your claims. 

Sorry but the RCC is wrong.  Mary was not a perpetual virgin.   In fact, when she is mentioned in the Gospels after the birth of Jesus, she is never referred to as a virgin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

42 minutes ago, wincam said:

yes indeed a Catholic will gently and humbly beat his breast and in fear and trembling try to work out his salvation by approaching Mary to plead for mercy for him - btw only sinners do this or should or need to do this - wincam 

1Jn 1:8 WEB If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  Don't Catholic sinners believe God will forgive you when you repent and confess your sins to Him?  Don't  you believe He is faithful and just?  

1Ti 2:5  WEB For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,  1Ti 2:6  who gave himself as a ransom for all;  Show us where in the Bible we are told to pray to Mary or ask her to pray to us.  Jesus taught us to pray to Father God.  Show us where it says that Mary remained a virgin when it says she did not have sex with Joseph till after the birth of Jesus. Mat 1:18 

No matter how often we quote Bible verses that state Jesus had brothers and sisters, you claim God did not put it in the Bible.  Do you realize how ignorant and ridiculous this sounds?  It implies ears that do not hear and eyes that do not see--spiritual blindness--that you choose stubbornly and willfully to disregard God's Word.       

Gal 1:18  WEB Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Peter, and stayed with him fifteen days. Gal 1:19  But of the other apostles I saw no one, except James, the Lord’s brother.

The Catholic Church does not hold the Bible as its source of doctrine.  Instead it adheres to fables and traditions of men.

Col 2:8  WEB Be careful that you don’t let anyone rob you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the elements of the world, and not after Christ.

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts;  2Ti 4:4  and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn away to fables.

How I weep and pray for those who despise God's Word and choose not to believe it.  May He give them eyes to see and ears to hear, and soften their hardened hearts.:th_praying:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Willa said:

1Jn 1:8 WEB If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  Don't Catholic sinners believe God will forgive you when you repent and confess your sins to Him?  Don't  you believe He is faithful and just?  

1Ti 2:5  WEB For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,  1Ti 2:6  who gave himself as a ransom for all;  Show us where in the Bible we are told to pray to Mary or ask her to pray to us.  Jesus taught us to pray to Father God.  Show us where it says that Mary remained a virgin when it says she did not have sex with Joseph till after the birth of Jesus. Mat 1:18 

No matter how often we quote Bible verses that state Jesus had brothers and sisters, you claim God did not put it in the Bible.  Do you realize how ignorant and ridiculous this sounds?  It implies ears that do not hear and eyes that do not see--spiritual blindness--that you choose stubbornly and willfully to disregard God's Word.       

Gal 1:18  WEB Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Peter, and stayed with him fifteen days. Gal 1:19  But of the other apostles I saw no one, except James, the Lord’s brother.

The Catholic Church does not hold the Bible as its source of doctrine.  Instead it adheres to fables and traditions of men.

Col 2:8  WEB Be careful that you don’t let anyone rob you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the elements of the world, and not after Christ.

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts;  2Ti 4:4  and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn away to fables.

How I weep and pray for those who despise God's Word and choose not to believe it.  May He give them eyes to see and ears to hear, and soften their hardened hearts.:th_praying:

2 Timothy 4:3 is exactly what Protestants have done arrogantly and stupidly and blasphemously claiming inspiration via the HS for their doctrines of demons and devil humans - this is part of the widespread deception that many Catholics also are caught up in via charismatics etc - wincam 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Didn't realize you were arguing,  dear heart of God.   I was merely saying be careful with terminology.   What the person who you were responding to was telling you and did Z not realize it is different Bibles have different interpretations which in this case,  make it difficult to ascertain whether Jesus had (sibling)  Brothers or (Brothers as in Christian Brothers),   standing with his Mother.   You do remember when Jesus commented to his Disciples at one point,  "who are my Brothers and who is my Mother"  when he was told his brothers and his Mother were outside waiting for him.   These messages and passages can be confusing to a novice.   I have 11 Bibles collected now and I will tell you that unless you are in God's presence almost always,  these slight changes of meanings can be overwhelming. So I have learned when I hit certain versus as this I like to compare terms.   Many authors throw in their own personal views on translations as this.   Joyce Meyers is one who likes to give her own twist on many matters but I like to get very specific when translating.   I meant no disrespect.   I gad not been here in years but my name must have come up when the moratorium here were trying to recall those of us who drifted off. 

In God 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, MeCajunboy said:

Didn't realize you were arguing,  dear heart of God.   I was merely saying be careful with terminology.   What the person who you were responding to was telling you and did Z not realize it is different Bibles have different interpretations which in this case,  make it difficult to ascertain whether Jesus had (sibling)  Brothers or (Brothers as in Christian Brothers),   standing with his Mother.   You do remember when Jesus commented to his Disciples at one point,  "who are my Brothers and who is my Mother"  when he was told his brothers and his Mother were outside waiting for him.   These messages and passages can be confusing to a novice.   I have 11 Bibles collected now and I will tell you that unless you are in God's presence almost always,  these slight changes of meanings can be overwhelming. So I have learned when I hit certain versus as this I like to compare terms.   Many authors throw in their own personal views on translations as this.   Joyce Meyers is one who likes to give her own twist on many matters but I like to get very specific when translating.   I meant no disrespect.   I gad not been here in years but my name must have come up when the moratorium here were trying to recall those of us who drifted off. 

In God 

of course like most Protestants you would, no doubt,  claim inspiration for your interpretation via the HS but deny inspiration to Catholics and especially the Pope - wincam 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings MeCajunboy

Welcome back,glad to see you here................Love,Kwik

Blessings to All,

I stand with Willa in prayer,I mentioned earlier & asked wincam if he was like the townspeople of Nazareth & said"Who is Jesus to you?" So far we see the insults to protestants & now the catholic charismatics too,flipping & flopping to refute Gods Word at every turn.....this only deflects from the Love of Christ,the One Who gave Himself to be the Sacrifice for the sins of the world......the Living Word is clear on all these matters,in all versions,not merely 11,all one needs do is seek God with san earnest heart................& He Will Receive them                                                                 

It is time to kick the dust from my feet                           Praise Jesus                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

18 minutes ago, wincam said:

of course like most Protestants you would, no doubt,  claim inspiration for your interpretation via the HS but deny inspiration to Catholics and especially the Pope - wincam 

Actually,  I began Roman Catholic.   But left 10 years ago.   Bad knees  lolol

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

38 minutes ago, wincam said:

of course like most Protestants you would, no doubt, claim inspiration for your interpretation via the HS....
but deny inspiration to Catholics....
and especially the Pope....

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen Beloved

Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. Psalms 119:98-100

Like So Many Protestants Before Me

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:103-105

I Do Claim The Inspiration For Our Bible Is The Holy Spirit

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Still, I Am Rejoicing In The Love For Jesus

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

Of My Precious RCC Brothers

Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Romans 12:9-10

And As For Papa

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Matthew 23:9

His Will Be Done On Earth As It Is In Heaven

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus had brothers and sisters, as Logan has pointed out above.  

Something to consider:  This is the 2nd time you have declared something not to be in the Bible only to have people show you chapter and verse where you're wrong.  Perhaps you need to test your claims a little better before jumping on here and claiming that certain things are not in the Bible.   A good concordance would be very helpful in that regard.

Oh Shilpa,  you have gotten harder and almost bitter in the years I've been gone.   It only took me two posts to discover that.   Imagine the newbies that come to learn and see your tone?   Is this how God wants us to behave here or elsewhere?   

Or a woman so filled will the knowledge that you've always had I would have expected more from you dear heart of God.   

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

23 minutes ago, MeCajunboy said:

Oh Shilpa,  you have gotten harder and almost bitter in the years I've been gone.   It only took me two posts to discover that.   Imagine the newbies that come to learn and see your tone?   Is this how God wants us to behave here or elsewhere?   

Or a woman so filled will the knowledge that you've always had I would have expected more from you dear heart of God.   

Shiloh is a male.