• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 8/22/2016 at 0:18 AM, Davida said:

1Peter 3:7  "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."

That is a terrible thing indeed but when I think about it, it makes sense.  If I, as part of the bride, treat my own bride poorly then I should expect to reap what I sew.  Love thy neighbor as thyself applies as does judge not lest ye be judged.  For if I do not love my wife should I expect the Lord of all creation not to cause me suffering justly?  Or if I, as the authority over my wife, choose to harshly criticize and lord over her should I not expect him to bring someone to harshly criticize and lord over me?  Yes, God is good.  With what measure I meet it measured back to me.

I pray that God will bless the husbands of Worthy with the knowledge of his will for them in all things pertaining to loving their wives!  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/21/2016 at 6:34 PM, other one said:

if a husband is being a Christian husband and loving his wife as Jesus loved the Church there are very few women in this world that would not be submissive to him....     but the instructions go both ways and we shouldn't forget that in our discussions.

I like this answer!  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

I like this answer!  

So do I

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On August 21, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Ariel16 said:

I think that is significant! As opposed to the idea of some on here making the husband out to have a Dictator given position. I think the husband does have the final say but absolutely no decision can be made w/o having given consideration to the woman. I do not believe woman is to be dominated in the negative sense in which the pro-dictator in that debate said it. You can have authority on your head for certain but not in the way he said it. Imagine "I have decided to move us away from your mothers. What I think is what matters most. This is what I want and that's how it will be." I believe they were made to both have influence in single matter, not the man alone. That would just be inconsiderate of her own feelings and emotions. Although he has the right to make the decision, it would be an abuse of a power that's wielded in an unloving way. That text you quoted has a major place in the health of a marriage.

I think that is pretty much what I said as well.  I choose to submit to my husband out of respect.  He is what I am not and we complement each other.  But I also adapted myself to him.  He gave me control over areas where he is weak. So I pay bills and do the paperwork.  He is better with details, taking care of the house and car repairs, organizing, and so on.

We have some 30 mormon church is our area, which is proportionally a lot.  I have seen and heard on police scanners about a lot of abuse there because the husband is the one who gets to be a god and the wife can't go to the 3rd heaven unless he calls her to be with him.  So he often feels like a potentate who can use and abuse his family.  The result is also a lot of sexual abuse of children.  Our Creator did not make man the abusive dictator of his family.  Jesus said that he who wishes to be the greatest among you should be the servant.  

In a sense, the husband is supposed to lead, but by example.  And he should also have a servant's heart.  A woman serves her family, but so should a man.  

Php 2:3  WEB doing nothing through rivalry or through conceit, but in humility, each counting others better than himself;  Php 2:4  each of you not just looking to his own things, but each of you also to the things of others.

Php 2:5  Have this in your mind, which was also in Christ Jesus, Php 2:6  who, existing in the form of God, didn’t consider equality with God a thing to be grasped,  Php 2:7  but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men.  Php 2:8  And being found in human form, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to the point of death, yes, the death of the cross.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Proverbs 31: 10-31;
    10, Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
    11, The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
    12, She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
    13, She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
    14, She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
    15, She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
    16, She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
    17, She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
    18, She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
    19, She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
    20, She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
    21, She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.8
    22, She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
    23, Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
    24, She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
    25, Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
    26, She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
    27, She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
    28, Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
    29, Many daughters have9 done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
    30, Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
    31, Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

So, gentlemen, 1 Peter 3:7, Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On August 19, 2016 at 3:09 AM, Ariel16 said:

Now I noticed this was debated already, but I want to know what everyone else thinks about that debate and express their views on the "Authority of a Husband." What is the biblical view of the husband and the wife?

On August 19, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Ezra said:

One would expect that given the clear teaching of Scripture, this was non-debatable.  But it is.  The short answer is that the husband is the authority over his wife, just as Christ is the authority over His wife (the Church).  See Ephesians 5. This is God-given authority, not to be abused but to be used to glorify God, and to provide the wife (and children) with the spiritual leadership within the home.

Everything is debatable. :) I think many people overlook the context of  

Ephesians 5. Prior to getting into the specifics in verses 22 to the end of the chapter, Paul speaks about mutual submission. As we draw closer to Christ we draw closer to each other. 

Eph 5:21
21 ...submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

According to the standard Greek-English dictionary, the verb translated as “submit” has a basic meaning of “subject oneself, be subjected or subordinated, obey.” The Greek verb used in 5:21 is hypotassō, which could be rendered in an overly literal way as “to be ordered under” (hypo—under; tassō—to order). Thus, “to subordinate” in English gets closest to the sense of the Greek (sub—ordinate). The standard Greek-English lexicon renders hypotassō in 5:21 as “voluntary yielding in love.”

Christ gave His life for the Church. It's about servant leadership. 

God bless,

GE

On August 21, 2016 at 8:14 PM, gdemoss said:

Yes, the biblical view I understand to be that the husband has authority over the wife.  Now, that said, does anyone know what the penalty is for the husband who fails to exercise his responsibility to do so?  

How do you define and quantify the word "authority"? 

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

57 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Paul speaks about mutual submission.

Mutual submission applies to Christian with Christian relationships within the church.  It does NOT cancel the clear teaching regarding the authority of the husband and the submission of the wife.  And yes, some things are definitely not debatable -- at least not among Bible-believing Christians.

20 hours ago, Ezra said:

Mutual submission applies to Christian with Christian relationships within the church.  It does NOT cancel the clear teaching regarding the authority of the husband and the submission of the wife.  And yes, some things are definitely not debatable -- at least not among Bible-believing Christians.

Interesting perspective. So a husband doesn't need to voluntarily yield in love to his wife? 

Are you saying verse 21 doesn't apply to the relationship of a husband and a wife but the rest of the passage does?

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 8.02.05 PM.png

What is not debatable in your opinion? 

I think in a way everything is debatable. :) If nothing else, besides learning others' perspectives, to better understand why you believe what you believe right? 

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 8.12.19 PM.png

God bless,
GE