IGNORED

how could God not intend marijuana to be used by Christians?

forGod1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Anything that alters one's state of MIND leaves the door open for the enemy.an idle mind is the devils workshop/playground.............we are to take captive everty thought,we are to be sober & vigilant

1 Peter 5:8King James Version (KJV)

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

All Glory to God,in all we do  ......does it give God Glory to smoke pot or drink beer?                                                                                                                                                                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/1/2016 at 10:19 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

Actually, you are wrong.  Your view of people who use marijuana are as mistaken as your views on many other things.   

No he is not wrong.  And I know your going to disagree with this but lets get real, pot will in about 95% of people will lead to harder drugs. My friend stated out with marijuana and is now in rehab because she had a crack cocaine habit and would have ended up in prison if she had busted a third time. 

We are to be the light of the world not live in a cloud of marijuana smoke or have our mind altered by alcohol. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

No he is not wrong.  And I know your going to disagree with this but lets get real, pot will in about 95% of people will lead to harder drugs. My friend stated out with marijuana and is now in rehab because she had a crack cocaine habit and would have ended up in prison if she had busted a third time. 

We are to be the light of the world not live in a cloud of marijuana smoke or have our mind altered by alcohol. 

This is just wrong, and it is so wrong it is almost as if you are purposefully lying about it.

http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-not-gateway-drug-325358

http://reset.me/story/the-science-is-clear-marijuana-is-not-a-gateway-drug/

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

These findings are consistent with the idea of marijuana as a "gateway drug." However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances. Also, cross-sensitization is not unique to marijuana. Alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs51 and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other, more harmful substances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/06/the-real-gateway-drug-thats-everywhere-and-legal/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ending-addiction-good/201408/marijuana-the-gateway-drug-myth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

A person needs to be aware if they have a tendency to have an addictive personality.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

Guest shiloh357

MJ is part of a greater drug culture about which there are no redeeming qualities.   Using MJ may not necessarily lead to harder drugs on its own, but it is part of a culture that uses other drugs.  It is part of a sinful culture and it is that culture that leads people to experiment with harder, and harder stuff.  The potheads in this area also use and produce Meth.   Meth is so popular in this part of the country, it is nicknamed "417"  after the area code in which it is produced.   If MJ isn't giving you the experience you want, there is plenty of Meth to go around.

So potheads often don't stop with MJ.  I have worked with potheads, and frankly, they were some of the worst people I have had work around.  They come to work smelling like pot, and they can't do their job because their brain is fried, which makes my job harder.   Half they time, they lose their job because they're in jail for driving while under the influence of pot or some other drug.   I get stuck doing their job and mine.  I have had to work around potheads for nine years, and I am always glad when they get fired and I could  get a normal person to work with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/1/2016 at 8:59 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

To get the same basic relaxation effect I get from drinking a beer after dinner.   Despite the Cheech and Chong stereotypes, not everyone that smokes marijuana is doing a bag, or even a joint a night.  

And this is your common sense answer.

Quenching a thirst after dinner is and can be a relaxing thing but so could a glass of ice tea.   I don't think that everyone who smokes marijuana is smoking a bag at a time or even smoking a joint a night.  But if you are comparing one beer to smoking pot in any amount there is nothing similar about the two.     If you are smoking pot you are getting high which you think it is okay because it relaxes you.   

Is marijuna legal in your state?  

If you are simply wanting relaxation why not take a nap, go for walk?  why does your relaxation have to come from a can or a bag.  Do you grow your own marijuna or do you help support drug dealers to get relaxed?.....Maybe you should see a doctor for something legal for your nerves if they are that bad or stick to your after dinner drink.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Openly Curious said:

If you are simply wanting relaxation ....

Ahhhh the joys of reading a book in the park, or while sitting in my recliner.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

Out of the Shadows has been banned from the thread and issued a warning point for a violation of the Terms of Service.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

11 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Nope. it's the people you hang with .

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

8 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Out of the Shadows has been banned from the thread and issued a warning point for a violation of the Terms of Service.

Steve I wish I could hug you.  Consider yourself hugged.

Blessings, Rusty