• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Agreed-lol    The stats are silly if you ask me,as Pat said....what about all the unregistered guns in States where it is not necessary to register? If these stats are even halfway accurate we can assume that it can be at LEAST doubled for the unregistered & then perhaps quadrupled for the illegal firearms.....I know many folks who do own just one gun,they are not gun nuts like me or Pat & just have one in the home for protection

Down here in Fla thinbgs have changed,guns must be registered now & they did not have to be years ago,does anyone think the owners of those gunsd(pre-registration law) ran to get them registered  to report the own an illegal firearm- uhh,don't think so?

I do not wish to be rude, but according to the NRA, there is no gun registration requirement in Florida. 

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/florida/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

LOL....try to buy one & not register it.....you are not being rude,that is what the Law says ....it just doesn'''t work that way...the Constitution also tells us we (Americans) have the RIGHT to bear arms,tell that to the folks in NYC who will go directly to jail if caught with a firearm!!!!

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

LOL....try to buy one & not register it.....you are not being rude,that is what the Law says ....it just doesn'''t work that way...the Constitution also tells us we (Americans) have the RIGHT to bear arms,tell that to the folks in NYC who will go directly to jail if caught with a firearm!!!!

I am confused by what you are saying, are you saying that even though their law does not require it, that the State of Florida is forcing people to register their guns?

Yes,that is what I am saying......very much so

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,697
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/florida-gun-laws

Florida does not require registration. I think you are confusing the background check and 3 day waiting period for registration, the two are wholly separate.

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Forgive me for being skeptical, but do you have something to back this up?   I cannot imagine people would willingly do something that they oppose so much when it is not even required legally.  Seems it would be a much bigger story and that the NRA would be all over it taking the state to court over it.    

Edited by Out of the Shadows

Yeah Pat,you're right

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Since only 6 states require registration, I am not sure why having unregistered guns would be a problem.  The folks I know with a nice gun collection are very proud of it and have no trouble telling people what they have.  

I posted the article because I found it interesting and I found that it matched what I have experienced during my life as a gun owner (which started in the 60s).  

California recently introduced a bill or made it into law already (I forget which) where folks who have unregistered guns must register them with the state. I am not paranoid but I do not trust this. If other states, under pressure from a liberal anti gun government/president, start doing the same, then it wouldnt be difficult for the feds to mandate surrendering such weapons if they chose to do so. For that reason alone I would not tell any survey whether or not I have guns and how many. 

I also dont give out other private information on surveys. It is no ones business but mine (and hubby's).

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I can garentee that number is higher now just by pure logic, 

I know one person who was in a war and said he would never ever pick up a gun again. He has gotten 3 guns in the past couple of years. After decades of never having one. I have no doubt the number is higher now. 

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

California recently introduced a bill or made it into law already (I forget which) where folks who have unregistered guns must register them with the state. I am not paranoid but I do not trust this. If other states, under pressure from a liberal anti gun government/president, start doing the same, then it wouldnt be difficult for the feds to mandate surrendering such weapons if they chose to do so. For that reason alone I would not tell any survey whether or not I have guns and how many. 

I also dont give out other private information on surveys. It is no ones business but mine (and hubby's).

Yes, Cali is one of the 6 states.  

There are always a portion of the sample that will not respond to surveys, and that is built into the results tabulation.  Since surveys are totally anonymous I have no issue answering most surveys, as i feel the information provided by them is important.