• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

You can stay away from "religion" ,,,,,,Did you know that Jesus was not happy with religious folks? He wants a personal Relationship with us,you can begin in the Book of John & read His Personal Love letter to YOU!!!!He Loves you,Receive that LOVE by reading His Words to you ,,,,,,it is between you & Him,you don't need a preist,a place or a religion ,,,,you need HIM                        Try it,start in John & ask Jesus for His Helper,,,HOLY SPIRIT!!!

I do like the idea of that, thank you.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I'm so so sorry for what you went through..............do read the Book of John sweetheart,,,,,start anew,the past is done & you must focus on how much Jesus does Love you & what lies ahead of you    Perhaps He allowed you to go through what you have to be a LIving Testimony for His Glory,Have you ever heard Joyce Meyers testimony? Look it up ,years & years of abuse by her own father who eventually she forgave & LEAD to the foot of the cross,her story about moving forward in forgiveness is AMAZING......your story can be too once you let Jesus in ,,,,& RECEIVE the LOVE He has just for YOU!!!!!!! :emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

39 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

It's been years since I've actually read a Bible.  I developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from my experiences with the priest got to very afraid of religion and I'm still kind of afraid of it.

Honey there is a difference between religion and what we as believer have.  We who live in Christ have a walk, a relationship with God through Jesus. Religion is man made.  You need to hold on to God and trust Him for your healing.  He loves you and will never leave you or disappoint you.  Listen to what my sister Kwik says.  She speaks the truth.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

6 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

It was sexual in nature.  I was 4.

I am terribly sorry that you had to endure this. I wish I could reach through my computer and hug you. The Devil is insidious and has permeated himself everywhere.  Sin is only one thought away and it is clear that this person had made that leap.  I hope that he has been reported and is serving time in the natural world. I know he will serve time in Hell, but that doesn't help you.

(1) Have you you and your family taken counseling as a group?  There is a guilt factor here that can really chew the entire family apart. It needs to be done and if it hasn't happened yet, It needs to.

(2) Have you forgiven him? I know this might sound ridiculous but the power of forgiveness isn't just a one way street. The victims can also benefit by doing this, as it removes a stumbling block in their progress through life. Not only the spiritual, but the physical life. Without that you will always be susceptible to memories that pop up whenever someone inadvertently touches you in a certain manner or if you see someone who resembles the person who did this horrible deed.

(3) To me God has and always will be where he has been all the time and the various denominations are only a means of conveyance. You can chose one of them or find your own path. My examples are The Catholic Church is a cruse ship. The Baptists are a airliner, The Mormons are a hot air balloon. Do you see where I coming from?

The main idea is that there is support in these groups but that support is only as strong as those you surround yourself with. If you only are around a certain group and that group is some way lacking It is not because they are representing the faith, but the level of that faith they allow in themselves. There are literally millions of weekend warriors out there who come to church like a car goes to a car wash. They cleanse the exterior but ignore the interior.

Jesus spoke about this in Matthew 23:27   Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

You must never place your trust fully in man, because we all are imperfect. Adam brought that upon all of us and it is up to us to allow that to be removed and the only way we can do that is through the blood of the lamb. If you want answers you really need to go to him. Just remember that his answers might not be apparent, they might just come in the embodiment of another child who has just gone through what you endured and desperately needs you to talk with.

Thank you all!  I'll check out the Joyce Meyers testimony.  Have not been to family counseling on this issue but I have an individual therapist.  I haven't forgiven him yet.    

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Others seem to have handled this pretty well, so let me just say I'm praying for you. God is above "religion" and the actions of so-called religious people. None are without sin, even priests, but that really serves to reinforce Biblical teach that we are all hopeless sinners. Take comfort in the fact that this priest will not escape due punishment from God. This frees you to forgive him, allowing God to cleanse the poison of bitterness from your mind and soul. Forgiveness is just as much about healing you as it is anything for the transgressor! God bless!

Thank you BK!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

23 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

It's been years since I've actually read a Bible.  I developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from my experiences with the priest got to very afraid of religion and I'm still kind of afraid of it.

Honey there is a difference between religion and what we as believer have.  We who live in Christ have a walk, a relationship with God through Jesus. Religion is man made.  You need to hold on to God and trust Him for your healing.  He loves you and will never leave you or disappoint you.  Listen to what my sister Kwik says.  She speaks the truth.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 10/6/2016 at 0:07 PM, gerbilgirl said:

It doesn't feel like he loves me.  I'm not even sure if he is real.  If Jesus is real and really does love me then why ?

Need to ask what He did for you and whether you want it. Then you'll see what others do that's not inline with His love for you. It's going to come down to a personal choice, and that choice is the most important that will ever be made. Search strongly before deciding. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 10/6/2016 at 0:07 PM, gerbilgirl said:

It doesn't feel like he loves me.  I'm not even sure if he is real.  If Jesus is real and really does love me then why ?

Need to ask what He did for you and whether you want it. Then you'll see what others do that's not inline with His love for you. It's going to come down to a personal choice, and that choice is the most important that will ever be made. Search strongly before deciding.