• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 minutes ago, cherubim said:

My husband has been excellent. We have normal family problems, but the one my sister created caused SEVERE damage.  I am trying to rebuild, but my arrogant sister is pushing her way in!  It's sadistic that I'm having terrible medical problems and she would do that. I've told her to stop contacting them and she won't!  I know Christians are persecuted and I know God has promises.  I'm waiting for Him to answer some heavy prayer requests.  I can't understand someone thinking they can butt into another person's family. I think she has something psychologically wrong - I think she wants my family to be hers because she never had one.

When my husband & I were out of state, she got my children together and parked herself in the midst of them and someone texted us the photo.  I am very intuitive and picked up on it.  She is trying to make my family hers and wedge herself between us.  She even made a remark: "Your children don't like you! They know what you're like!"  I've forgiven things, but I can't stand by and let her tear my family apart.  I don't know if "just praying" will suffice.

Hi cherubim,

You see the situation from your side, as your sister causing damage to your family relationships. However your sister is seeing it as though you do not want to her to relate to her nieces & nephews, (your adult children). This is how you come across to her & I think she would not understand or accept any blame.

For you to try & CONTROL others, (your adult children, your sister) is very human, but counterproductive. As I said it will only reinforce other`s view of you as controlling. No one, but really no one wants to be controlled by another, & actually do you realise that you are usurping the Holy Spirit`s role of guiding people into the truth. If you continue on your controlling path, I can only see heart ache & broken relationships.

This is a test for you to really trust the Lord & to build relationships with His guidance.

BTW when we ask God for `heavy prayer requests` as you said, most often God is dealing with us!!!!!! We want others to change or the situation, but God is working on our attitude!!!!

regards, Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

12 hours ago, cherubim said:

I underwent a medical procedure and was damaged and am now disabled. I have been at home and forgotten. So I am looking for advice. My sister never had a family and I had given her my adult children's cell phone #'s.  She abused it and invited them someplace where an unsafe individual was that I did not want them around. We had a blowout over it where she lied and blamed me for HER mistakes.  She caused unbearable trouble in my family, so I told her to leave my family alone.  Unbelievably, she completely ignored my request and is contacting my children.  It is causing unbearable harm in my family and she refuses to butt out - my husband called her a bully.  She is an unbeliever. I prayed but think satan is using her. I'm getting attacked in my mind because I worry she will lure them - I think she wants to make my family hers. I told her she needs psychological help but she blocked my emails yet contacts my children. My husband says to ignore her but I think she's a threat - and I don't like her pushing her way into our family causing trouble. She and her husband are worldly.  I so regret giving her their contact info that she has abused. What would others do?

This right here (I underwent a medical procedure and was damaged and am now disabled. I have been at home and forgotten.) I know this very well as I have been there. As for you and your family issue the enemy wants you to be stressed and worried about this you must go to that still quite place with God to regain a sense of peace serenity and comfort that he is holding your hand, nothing happens without reason especially when it comes to God you have to run into fathers arms and be embraced with his love and his comfort give it all to him let him carry your heavy cross don't be afraid to cry out in the tears and the worry to him.

never forget even Jesus himself needed help to carry his cross

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

14 hours ago, HeartSearcher said:

This right here (I underwent a medical procedure and was damaged and am now disabled. I have been at home and forgotten.) I know this very well as I have been there. As for you and your family issue the enemy wants you to be stressed and worried about this you must go to that still quite place with God to regain a sense of peace serenity and comfort that he is holding your hand, nothing happens without reason especially when it comes to God you have to run into fathers arms and be embraced with his love and his comfort give it all to him let him carry your heavy cross don't be afraid to cry out in the tears and the worry to him.

never forget even Jesus himself needed help to carry his cross

Thank you. Sometimes I think when we're isolated, we just need another believer to confirm things we already know.  I think the enemy is hammering me - I need support as I am bone-weary.  I don't need another problem, and think my sister is nuts to tamper in my family now of all times. I think the enemy is using her - please pray because I am not in any condition to deal with more.

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi cherubim,

You see the situation from your side, as your sister causing damage to your family relationships. However your sister is seeing it as though you do not want to her to relate to her nieces & nephews, (your adult children). This is how you come across to her & I think she would not understand or accept any blame.

For you to try & CONTROL others, (your adult children, your sister) is very human, but counterproductive. As I said it will only reinforce other`s view of you as controlling. No one, but really no one wants to be controlled by another, & actually do you realise that you are usurping the Holy Spirit`s role of guiding people into the truth. If you continue on your controlling path, I can only see heart ache & broken relationships.

This is a test for you to really trust the Lord & to build relationships with His guidance.

BTW when we ask God for `heavy prayer requests` as you said, most often God is dealing with us!!!!!! We want others to change or the situation, but God is working on our attitude!!!!

regards, Marilyn. 

Thank you for your take. I suppose it can be seen as controlling, but there are things I cannot share as to why I did not want my adult children near another family member that I deem unhealthy. It's very serious.  My sister violated my trust and the privilege I gave her of giving her my children's contact information.  She invited them to an event where someone who did something extremely evil was there, when I specifically told her not to do it. When I confronted her, she pummeled me with all that was wrong with *me* even telling me my children don't like me, and refusing to admit her own motivations or wrongdoing.

I re-read our exchange, and I was very reasonable. How can you have a relationship with an individual where the prevailing rule is that *you* are the *one* with the problem? In essence, a relationship based on a lie.

God is truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, cherubim said:

Thank you for your take. I suppose it can be seen as controlling, but there are things I cannot share as to why I did not want my adult children near another family member that I deem unhealthy. It's very serious.  My sister violated my trust and the privilege I gave her of giving her my children's contact information.  She invited them to an event where someone who did something extremely evil was there, when I specifically told her not to do it. When I confronted her, she pummeled me with all that was wrong with *me* even telling me my children don't like me, and refusing to admit her own motivations or wrongdoing.

I re-read our exchange, and I was very reasonable. How can you have a relationship with an individual where the prevailing rule is that *you* are the *one* with the problem? In essence, a relationship based on a lie.

God is truth.

Hi cherubim,

I do understand that there is much you can`t share of difficult things that have happened. Even what you shared is quite hurtful, I can see.

Now as your children are adults you cannot control them (even for right reasons) for they will not let you, & will see you as well...controlling. Does God control us? Does He want us to be robots? No. it is a two way relationship. You need to build into your adult children`s lives by being encouraging, & interested in their lives, their work, interests & friends. be someone they want to be around, not some one they want to run from because they feel you want to control them.

They are adults & will make up there own minds as to what they believe, where they will go, who they will see, & no amount of you trying to stop, protect them will stop them doing that. If fact it will have the opposite affect, as to making them keep away from you.

A big one to work through....but as you work with the Holy Spirit to be an encourager & not a fearful policewoman towards your adult children, you will see them make good decisions.

regards, Marilyn

21 hours ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

Praying protection, building a hedge of protection over the children is a great thing to do, and I totally agree with this.

Rebuke the devil for the hold that he has on your family members that are causing these issues, bind his hold over them. Take authority over this situation and command it to leave, just as Jesus did when dealing with the demonic forces.  The devil has illegal entry into this situation, and like a thief, he won't leave until he is driven out, spiritually, not so much in the physical would actions, such as blocking numbers, etc. People always find a way around deterring efforts. As Dabby26 stated, this is nothing more than a spiritual attack in high places. We must hit it on that level.

I'm also getting the feeling that we should also focus our attack out of LOVE, meaning, move completely forward in LOVE and pray as hard as ever for the salvation of your sister and any other family members that the devil is using in this demonic battle against you and your husband. Ultimately, the devil is simply using this to divide and destroy the family unit, where WE should be coming against this in the name of Jesus, in an all out effort to reconcile the family into one harmonious loving family.

The devils tactics never change, because they get results for him; it was his ultimate goal in the garden, to divide man from God...and his scheme worked, because Adam and Eve gave in to the flesh, and did not listen to God.

I know, words are easy to type...and I have experienced this in my own family, but, my oldest brother is slowing softening his heart, I look forward to the day when the alcoholism spirit, the anger spirit, is completely broken from him, and we can all be a family again, happy again.

God Bless you - you are among Godly friends/warriors here, and we stand united in Jesus!

I am really beginning to see this more as an attack.  My husband & I are completely overwhelmed to the point of exhaustion. For my sister to do something at such a terrible time is sadistic. It bears the earmarks of an attack - what better time to do something ugly than when already weakened and burdened.  I see that praying for a hedge of protection is right - I have started to do that again - I had stopped awhile back due to getting hit with physical debilitations.  I see that praying for my sister is also necessary.  Her actions did divide my family and caused incalculable damage which we are trying to repair.  But she has refused to respect my wishes to cease contacting my children. I am the one who tells my children the truth of what they need to hear - and sometimes those truths are not welcome. I do have to work on my delivery and learn to remain quiet at times.  But my sister flounces in, who tries to be "the fun aunt" and can look quite appealing, as she would not tell them the hard things. "Everything's good" is her philosophy - which is worldly. People in sin want to be around others who are in sin - not the person who stands for the truth.  That is why Christian's are hated - "men love the darkness because their deeds are evil..."

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

18 hours ago, cherubim said:

Thank you for caring - I've needed this forum - a body of believers. I agree that it is a spiritual battle. Although I've been through many battles I still have a difficult time knowing what our responsibility vs God's. Will you pray for wisdom? My husband & I are facing trial upon trial - and now have my sister - who I care about - betray my trust. Things in the world are going crazy and it seems the people in it! No one does right.

Father in Heaven, I come into Your Presence boldly bringing cherubim's request.  I ask that You would grant Her Your wisdom to discern this situation she is going through.  You said You would give wisdom to those who ask.  You are well aware of the spiritual attacks her and her family have been undergoing.  You warned us of this in Your Word, in Ephesians 6:12, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."  And in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."  We ask that you tear down cherubim's stronghold of unforgiveness.  By the power of Your Holy Spirit, please show her how to truly forgive her sister for all the harm she has caused and release her sister from judgment so that she will repent of her sins and by Your Spirit receive Christ as her Savior.  May there be reconciliation in all areas of family relationships.  May what the devil desires to harm them, You turn around and use it for Your glory and their blessings.  Give cherubim peace that surpasses human understanding.  We thank You for what You are in the process of working out even now.  We praise You for Your faithfulness and Your love for us.  Amen.  Blessings, Dabby26

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi cherubim,

I do understand that there is much you can`t share of difficult things that have happened. Even what you shared is quite hurtful, I can see.

Now as your children are adults you cannot control them (even for right reasons) for they will not let you, & will see you as well...controlling. Does God control us? Does He want us to be robots? No. it is a two way relationship. You need to build into your adult children`s lives by being encouraging, & interested in their lives, their work, interests & friends. be someone they want to be around, not some one they want to run from because they feel you want to control them.

They are adults & will make up there own minds as to what they believe, where they will go, who they will see, & no amount of you trying to stop, protect them will stop them doing that. If fact it will have the opposite affect, as to making them keep away from you.

A big one to work through....but as you work with the Holy Spirit to be an encourager & not a fearful policewoman towards your adult children, you will see them make good decisions.

regards, Marilyn

What happened was extremely bad - for my sister to have gone over my head to try to get them to be around this person was sadistic. She needed to be told.  I would never cross boundaries and contact her step-children to attend a function where an unsafe person was. I don't even have her step-children's contact info.  My children are adults, and I see your valid points. But also, what she did tore my family apart - which I hope my children see. I told my children that she was named executrix of my father's estate, and attempted to control me, telling me she was keeping part of the money my father left for me. For my husband & I to remain quiet would have been insanity - she needed to be told to not meddle. Her motivations are not honorable. She has done other things since I gave her their contact information - which I now deeply regret. I am intuitive - she is trying to make my family hers. She waited until I was out-of-state having surgery, and contacted them and they got together, and sent a photo of her, parked right in the middle of them. I knew she was trying to put herself in my place - I could read her.

4 minutes ago, Dabby26 said:

Father in Heaven, I come into Your Presence boldly bringing cherubim's request.  I ask that You would grant Her Your wisdom to discern this situation she is going through.  You said You would give wisdom to those who ask.  You are well aware of the spiritual attacks her and her family have been undergoing.  You warned us of this in Your Word, in Ephesians 6:12, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."  And in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."  We ask that you tear down cherubim's stronghold of unforgiveness.  By the power of Your Holy Spirit, please show her how to truly forgive her sister for all the harm she has caused and release her sister from judgment so that she will repent of her sins and by Your Spirit receive Christ as her Savior.  May there be reconciliation in all areas of family relationships.  May what the devil desires to harm them, You turn around and use it for Your glory and their blessings.  Give cherubim peace that surpasses human understanding.  We thank You for what You are in the process of working out even now.  We praise You for Your faithfulness and Your love for us.  Amen.  Blessings, Dabby26

Thank you - I cherish your prayers. I will get to the right place - slowly due to the multitude of physical limitations and emotional damage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi cherubim,

Yes there are times to speak up & I certainly know about the will thing. Also good to hear you say -

`I do have to work on my delivery and learn to remain quiet at times.`

An attitude we all need to work on.

Now you are in the fire, but always remember that there is the Lord in there with you. The storms will pass, & hopefully we shall all come through ours becoming more like our precious Lord.

Marilyn.