IGNORED

Lourdes

SavedOnebyGrace

Guest BacKaran
On 11/17/2016 at 3:55 PM, BacKaran said:

And ever notice the only religion, to my knowledge, to have demon exorcisms is the rcc? Although plenty of pagan religions have demons. 

So - YOU don't believe in spiritual warfare or that demons exist??
You believe that the demonsJesus cast out of people were just afigment of His imagination?

You infer alot from what was never said.

List other exorcisms from other religions besides like voodoo witches and such. I don't recall hearing exorcisms from Lutherans, , Baptists,Presbyterians or protestants, just the rcc.

It's very interesting you don't answer the question, you just deflect with another question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02
  • Days Won:  0

Let us not forget Our Lady of Guadalupe: Our Lady of Guadalupe

Seems she wants a temple built for her.  Wouldn't a temple mean she's encouraging her followers to pray to her?  Where's Jesus?

Approved Translations of the Bible (According to the RCC)

USCCB Approved Translations of the Sacred Scriptures for Private Use and Study by Catholics

1983 - Present

The 1983 Code of Canon Law entrusts to the Apostolic See and the episcopal conferences the authority to approve translations of the Sacred Scriptures in the Latin Catholic Church (c. 825, §1).  Prior to 1983, Scriptural translations could be approved by the Apostolic See or by a local ordinary within a diocese.  

What follows is a complete list of the translations of the Sacred Scriptures that have received the approval of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops since 1983.     

In addition to the translations listed below, any translation of the Sacred Scriptures that has received proper ecclesiastical approval ‒ namely, by the Apostolic See or a local ordinary prior to 1983, or by the Apostolic See or an episcopal conference following 1983 ‒ may be used by the Catholic faithful for private prayer and study. 

Books of the New Testament, Alba House

Contemporary English Version - New Testament, First Edition, American Bible Society

Contemporary English Version - Book of Psalms, American Bible Society

Contemporary English Version - Book of Proverbs, American Bible Society

The Grail Psalter (Inclusive Language Version), G.I.A. Publications

New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE)

New Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition, National Council of Churches

The Psalms, Alba House

The Psalms (New International Version) - St. Joseph Catholic Edition, Catholic Book Publishing Company

The Psalms - St. Joseph New Catholic Version, Catholic Book Publishing Company

Revised Psalms of the New American Bible (1991)

So You May Believe, A Translation of the Four Gospels, Alba House

Today's English Version, Second Edition, American Bible Society

Translation for Early Youth, A Translation of the New Testament for Children, Contemporary English Version, American Bible Society

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Our Lady of Guadalupe, Extremadura. She holds particular significance to the Catholic Church in America, as her appearance to St. Juan Diego on Tepeyac hill in Mexico was the first Marian apparition in the New World. She is dearly beloved by Mexican Catholics, and wherever there is a Mexican community, a statue or picture of her will be found. Another less well-known fact about Our Lady of Guadalupe is that she is connected to the Spanish Reconquista and their ultimate defeat of the centuries-long Islamic invasion of their homeland.

The story begins shortly after Jesus’ death with St. Luke. He was not only a gospel writer, but an artist and craftsman. He painted the first icons, and created the first statues of Jesus and Mary. One of these statues of the Blessed Virgin was eventually brought to Spain three centuries later by St. Leander and enshrined in a church in Spain’s Extremadura province, where it stayed for several additional centuries.

(Anyone here believe LUKE painted the first icons, and created the first statues of Jesus and Mary?)

http://www.onepeterfive.com/the-two-guadalupes-mary-and-the-crescent-moon/

Three Mary's. I had no idea there were three different kind? :laugh: Sorry, made me smile.

Z 400..png

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Our Lady of Guadalupe, Extremadura. She holds particular significance to the Catholic Church in America, as her appearance to St. Juan Diego on Tepeyac hill in Mexico was the first Marian apparition in the New World. She is dearly beloved by Mexican Catholics, and wherever there is a Mexican community, a statue or picture of her will be found. Another less well-known fact about Our Lady of Guadalupe is that she is connected to the Spanish Reconquista and their ultimate defeat of the centuries-long Islamic invasion of their homeland.

The story begins shortly after Jesus’ death with St. Luke. He was not only a gospel writer, but an artist and craftsman. He painted the first icons, and created the first statues of Jesus and Mary. One of these statues of the Blessed Virgin was eventually brought to Spain three centuries later by St. Leander and enshrined in a church in Spain’s Extremadura province, where it stayed for several additional centuries.

(Anyone here believe LUKE painted the first icons, and created the first statues of Jesus and Mary?)

http://www.onepeterfive.com/the-two-guadalupes-mary-and-the-crescent-moon/

Three Mary's. I had no idea there were three different kind? :laugh: Sorry, made me smile.

Z 400..png

Luke must have been a true Renaissance Man considering he was also a physician.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

14 hours ago, RealPresence said:

RUBBISH

Mary has appeared to many adults....
as well including people like St. Dominic and St. Catherine Laboure....

If you're going to attack the Catholic Church....
at least TRY to get your facts straight....

:emot-heartbeat:

Mary, The Mother Of Many

And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. Mark 6:2-3 (King James Bible)

The Holy Bible, Don't Diddle With It

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6 (King James Bible)

Papa, Please Don't Sit In The Seat Of The Father

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:8-10 (King James Bible)

And, Who Could Ask For Anything More

I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" Lamentation 3:24 (New Living Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

23 hours ago, RealPresence said:

RUBBISH.
Mary has appeared to many adults as well including people like St. Dominic and St. Catherine Laboure.

If you're going to attack the Catholic Church - at least TRY to get your facts straight . . .

First of all speaking the truth about the Catholic church isn't attacking it. If you are scared of the real truth then fine, call it attacking, it bothers me not.

Secondly I do have my facts straight. YES I am well aware that these false demonic apparitions of "Mary" have appeared to adults as well, but Satan has appeared equally to children.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

The message from the "angel" and from "Mary" at Fatima is in direct and polar opposition to the Bible.  Since the message at Fatima and the message of the Bible cannot both be true, one is a lie.  

The clear and unmistakable message of Fatima is that Mary saves and Mary is the mediator between man and God and that our sins are offenses against Mary's sinless heart.

Read below and decide for yourself.  See if this message is not a lie when compared with what the Bible teaches.

The message is two-fold:

[1] God and Jesus are unhappy with the sins of mankind. This part is TRUE! But the devil is really adept at mixing the truth with lies – bending the truth – putting his spin on it and thereby deceiving the hearts of countless millions of people. He did it in the Bible over and over again. A little truth – a lot of lies.

[2] The way to salvation is through devotion to the Imaculate [sinless] Heart of Mary and through mankind sacrificing for others and through reparations.

Hear what the "angel" and "Mary" actually said.

• "Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it." ("Mary")

• "Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it and their souls will be loved by God as flowers placed by me before His throne." ("Mary")

• "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and say often whenever you make a sacrifice: 'O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.' " ("Mary")

• "Pray much and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to make sacrifices for them." ("Mary")

• "I will never leave you, my Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God."("Mary")

• "Have pity on the Heart of your most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation." ("Mary")

• "Our Lady can no longer uphold the arm of Her Divine Son which will strike the world. If people amend their lives, Our Lord will even now save the world, but if they do not, punishment will come. " ("Mary")

• "My daughter, look at my Heart encircled with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. Do you at least try to console me and announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me." ("Mary")

• "Offer up everything in your power as a sacrifice to the Lord in reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners . . . More than all else, accept and bear with resignation the sufferings that God may send you." (The “angel”) The sacrifice for sins has already been made and that was on the cross. We can make no such sacrifices or reparations for anyone.

• "The Hearts of Jesus and Mary have designs of mercy for you. Offer unceasingly to the Most High prayer and sacrifices." (The “angel”)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

First of all speaking the truth about the Catholic church isn't attacking it. If you are scared of the real truth then fine, call it attacking, it bothers me not.

Secondly I do have my facts straight. YES I am well aware that these false demonic apparitions of "Mary" have appeared to adults as well, but Satan has appeared equally to children.

Speaking the truth is fine - but that's not what's going on here.
You need to learn the difference if you want to follow the truth . . .