• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

15 hours ago, full goespel said:

"Of course  I don't want to sin,but we all do and say things we shouldn't ,so where do you draw the line?

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

By saying we all sin. You are judging right there in your own post. You dont know that and have no scripture for it. Please dont post what we all were . Post something where God says we will all sin always?

I never said we all sin always and ask you to show me where I did. However the bible is clear that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Diamond Member

10 hours ago, full goespel said:

Its what you started with but its not were you are now heading. I gave you a straight forward answer. I dont need a reply. But its all you asked for. Now you are moving into judging or not have we the right. So were  a little ways away from the OP.

Below is my statement from my original op which is on topic for what I have been discussing .

IS it biblical to call someone out for not being a Christian if they say they are but don't meet the identifiers? 

Edited by firestormx

1 hour ago, full goespel said:

Is there any point me point me posting? @firestormx.    

You only replying to the ones that suits you

You keep misrepresenting what I say and I will not have a conversation with someone who is doing that. I have answered your posts, but if you continue to say I said things I didn't, then I will not respond.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 hours ago, full goespel said:

By saying we all sin....
You are judging right there in your own post....

You don't know that....
and have no scripture for it....

:sherlock:

Still

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:5-10 (English Standard Version)

Can't Believe

"Yet you said, 'I am innocent. Surely his anger has turned away from me.' "Behold, I will judge you, because you say, 'I have not sinned.' Jeremiah 2:35 (New Heart English Bible)

Just Can't Believe The Bible....

The one who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy. Proverbs 28:13 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

18 hours ago, full goespel said:

By saying we all sin. You are judging right there in your own post. You dont know that and have no scripture for it.

1 John 1:8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Edited by firestormx

16 hours ago, full goespel said:

"Of course  I don't want to sin,but we all do and say things we shouldn't ,so where do you draw the line?

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

By saying we all sin. You are judging right there in your own post. You dont know that and have no scripture for it. Please dont post what we all were . Post something where God says we will all sin always?

If we were to not judge at all, then why did Christ also say:

" “Did not Moses give you the Law, and yet none of you carries out the Law? Why do you seek to kill Me?” The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who seeks to kill You?” Jesus answered them, “I did one deed, and you all marvel. “For this reason Moses has given you circumcision (not because it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and on the Sabbath you circumcise a man. “If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath? “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”  (John 7:19-24, NASB, emphasis mine)

What you quoted in Matthew 7 was not a warning to never judge, but a warning that if we judge, we will be judged by the same measure; here is the verse in full context:

" “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? “Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye. " (Matthew 7:1-5, NASB, emphasis mine)

Why would Jesus tell us never to judge and then in the next sentence tell us how to do so righteously, thus contradicting Himself on judging in the first place?  Instead, Jesus was warning that if we are going to judge others, the standard we use would apply to us as well. In telling us this, He is ensuring that when we make a judgment call on something or about someone's actions, we are not setting one example for ourselves and another for someone else (a double standard).

The problem is: if we never judge anything, then we would be expected to accept the ways of all people, no matter how much they violate Scripture, never be able to say that evil and wickedness is wrong, that harmful behavior is unacceptable, and so forth. "Do not judge" as an ultimatum becomes  relative morality, which makes it dependent upon the individual rather than one ultimate, objective source of right and wrong, which is God. When we judge righteously and consistently with God's standard, that standard will be applied to us as well.

And in living that standard through the Spirit, we have nothing to fear in being judged.

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

The problem is: if we never judge anything, then we would be expected to accept the ways of all people, no matter how much they violate Scripture, never be able to say that evil and wickedness is wrong, that harmful behavior is unacceptable, and so forth. "Do not judge" as an ultimatum becomes  relative morality, which makes it dependent upon the individual rather than one ultimate, objective source of right and wrong, which is God. When we judge righteously and consistently with God's standard, that standard will be applied to us as well.

And in living that standard through the Spirit, we have nothing to fear in being judged.

This is a beautifully written statement . I couldn't agree more. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

So what about those who do not exhibit outward manifestations of the sin behaviors mentioned, but have different interpretations of bible passages and live as upright citizens.   Some call them cults, some say they are not christians, but in their hearts they give testimony as to their faith in Christ.  Are we to call out them and by what standards if they profess Jesus is Lord, but differ in their meaning or interpretation of scripture passages that may not agree with others.   They think in their hearts, they are heaven bound. How do we draw that line.  I mean what criteria do one use to say that person is saved.  

14 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

How do we draw that line.  I mean what criteria do one use to say that person is saved.  

The word of God is the standard we use to determine if someone is saved as well as their outward walk and speech and behavior Which must line up to the word of God.  As for different veiw points of scripture it depends on the subject. For example, someone's rapture belief is not a salvation issue. However , whether Jesus was sinless or if Jesus was God in the Flesh is salvation issues.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, firestormx said:

The word of God is the standard we use to determine if someone is saved as well as their outward walk and speech and behavior Which must line up to the word of God.  As for different veiw points of scripture it depends on the subject. For example, someone's rapture belief is not a salvation issue. However , whether Jesus was sinless or if Jesus was God in the Flesh is salvation issues.  

Right. So i will try to see if i narrow it down a bit.  What about the signs and wonders and those who perform the miracles ect., and the slaying in the spirit where people fall to ground when they are prayed for ect.  Are these false and how can you be sure.  Your topic valid and i just want to see where these fit in and how we go about the determination of being sure that we are correct when calling out someone.