• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I was curious as to what all of you think it means to be a Christian? What is a Christian? How is a Christian identified? IS it biblical to call someone out for not being a Christian if they say they are but don't meet the identifiers? 

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Looking back at another thread

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Seems the main requirement for being a Christian is who you vote for in US elections, based of the threads on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Looking back at another thread

Didn't see that thread, sorry. Devs feel free to delete this thread or merge if other people comment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Really no one can answer this question without bringing politics into it? 

I"m a little dismayed and disappointed. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

In its very basic form someone who believes Jesus died for them to restore them to God. Thats the very first in the door confession.

All the way up to soemone who actuuly looks like and acts like Jesus taking no account of a suffered wrong.

Massive diference. You can tell them by there fruits. You see them miles away and miles apart. In any church you pick a denonmination. from that pick a single church from that pick to members and ask them ten questions and you will get completly different answers. So much confusion in all the churches

I started this thread ( without thoroughly checking for other threads like it ) with a simple intention. Is there a simple way of knowing if someone is a Christian? Example, If being a Christian means you are an apple tree, and someone comes along and says " I'm a Christian also " . But they are a cherry tree. Is it wrong or sinful to call them out on it? Do people have different understandings of what being a Christian means? I was reading another thread here about politics, treatment of others and the such. I was dismayed at all the contradictory messages yet all said they were Christians. Some said you could not say if someone else was a Christian. Others said not only could you but you were supposed to call them out on things and behaviors the Christians should never do or support. Therefore, I decided to try to see where everyone was coming from in regards to " What is a Christian " 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I think too many people expect a christian to be perfected.  Everyone comes from different backgrounds.  Someone in a gang who comes to accept Christ, may have the effects of his former life intermingled in such a way that a good many here on this forum would judge them as not being christian.  Why do we want a judging stick?  I was lost when God called me, for some reason I can't comprehend, He did not write me off.  Maybe a good many who are judged as not good enough to be a christian will be forgiven due to their faith, and a good many who write others off may not make it.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Not really,but think of it how can a Christian vote for somebody who let babies getting killed up to 37 weeks?

There is no party that has done anything to stop abortion, one party talks about doing so, but never does.  The abortion rate is almost identical today as it was 2 years after RvW.  So, if you vote for either Republican or Dem you are voting for letting babies be killed in the womb.   If you wish to differentiate between a baby at 5 weeks or one at 37 then I guess one is better than the other, but I fail to see a difference between the two babies.

Should a Christian not vote for the person with the most Christians morals?

I think a Christian should vote for the person whose philosophy of governing most represents the views of the Christian.

This election there was not a candidate that had Christian morals, so then what is a Christian to do?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

A christian is a believer in the person of Jesus Christ. He foremost believes in his heart and confess with his mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and that Jesus died for his sins . He believes that Jesus has forgiven him of his sins and now has a  relationship with Christ.   This is the in a nutshell what a christian from my comprehension of the bible.    There are attributes that he will have once he takes the path of following the teachings of Christ and it is spelled out in the Holy Bible.    The term born again is bestowed upon him as he now a new creation in Christ and if so, will strive to walk in the pathways of righteousness and holiness as his now new master has taught him.  He believes that the Holy Bible is the true word of God and it contains the directions and truths that he is determined to follow.  

He now accepts that there is a real foe called the devil who endeavors to tempt, test and try his claim of serving the true and living god that he has given his life to.  He now acknowledges that his old slave master is a foe and his new master is the way the truth and life. He also now truly believes that there is no other name under heaven  given among men which a man can be saved except through Jesus Christ.

Also he now believes, he is to spread the good news of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. 

There is much to describe a christian, but this should be some of his credentials.

Edited by warrior12