• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

If I die, please, if you can raise the dead, please leave me alone!

If? And you sig says believe the bible?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

5 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Mr. Omegaman, you certainly made my day with your statement.  I laughed,chuckled and smiled and i am still laughing:laugh:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just now, warrior12 said:

Mr. Omegaman, you certainly made my day with your statement.  I laughed,chuckled and smiled and i am still laughing:laugh:

Good! :)

4 minutes ago, full goespel said:

f? And you sig says believe the bible?

Yes, and because I believe the Bible,I beleive I will be with the Lord at death. Why then, would I want you to bring be back here! I am content to stay as long as the Lord wants me here, but my desire is to be with the Lord, which is far better!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes, and because I believe the Bible,I beleive I will be with the Lord at death. Why then, would I want you to bring be back here! I am content to stay as long as the Lord wants me here, but my desire is to be with the Lord, which is far better!

Depends on how you died dont you think if you believe the bible?

Well, I do not know, why it matters, but enolighten me, would love to hear your thoughts. I just figure that my life is in God's hands anyway. he has the power to let me die for no obviou good purpose, or to glorify Him, or for any reason He chooses. He can raise me from the dead (sort of looking forward to that day) anytime He chooses, and actually does not need anyone of us to do that. If He calls me home, I am just not sure I want to be called away from home, that is why I said to just leav me alone.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

29 minutes ago, full goespel said:

We dont have the right to go about assesing the church.

So are you saying we should let sin run unchecked in the church? Can you please show me Your statement above in the bible?

30 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

LOL

42 minutes ago, full goespel said:

Ther are 45000 christian denominations and you think you are right.  Why would we believe you? Do you love Jesus if you did you would be doing the things He did. Have you raside the dead. Did you ever try to raise the dead. Have you layed hands on the sick and see them recover today this week. this month? We dont have the right to go about assesing the church.

And if you see a brother sinning Go tell him. Why are you looking to justify what you want to do. And if its not in love its a zero even if you were right.

"It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife. You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst. For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present. In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough?  Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES. " (1 Corinthians, Chapter 5, NASB, emphasis mine)

From 1 Corinthians Chapter 5 (and I made sure to quote the entire chapter as to remove any possibility of being accused of taking this out of context), we see that we are indeed to "assess" the Church whenever someone is doing something that specifically goes against Scripture.

Also, the final say on any matter is Scripture, not a denomination, pastor, preacher, "prophet" or so on. Charles Spurgeon never raised anyone from the dead, yet his sermons are not discounted. Neither Are Daniel Brainerd's, John Wesley's, Johnathan Edwards' ( October 5, 1703 – March 22, 1758 ) or any of the others who did not perform miracles. As a point of fact, the works that serve an an evidence of Salvation are not "healing the sick" or "raising the dead", but the fruit of the spirit:

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:16-24, NASB)

A major reason the Church today is in trouble is because too much is being allowed under the "no judging" premise, and it is tearing the Church to shreds. From pastors who have had affairs being allowed to continue in the ministry to allowing lesbian "ministers' to lead congregations, the list goes on and it has made the Church more like the world, which Scripture warns against repeatedly.

Another point: Firestormx apologized to you when he made a mistake; he didn't try to justify himself. He has been spot on with his discernment of Scripture, and I do not see anywhere that he has erred on that. He has not demonstrated himself unloving or in any capacity cruel, and I do not believe he is looking to " to look for the weakest and pull them out", but to reach out to those who are falling in their walk with the Lord, as we all should.

As for :

12 hours ago, full goespel said:

My question would be whats it to you where they are or are not with Christ.

If we turn a blind eye to someone who is having trouble in their walk with the Lord or who is trapped in a habitual sin, are we truly being their brother or sister? As believers, we are to love our brethren, but we are to oppose sin and speak out against it. This doesn't mean castigate someone before the congregation (we are to present it to the Church if they will not repent of it after being confronted first in private and then by two or more believers), but we are supposed to be taking sin seriously...

...after all, it was sin that made it necessary for Jesus Christ to die on the cross.

Edited by Robert

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

"It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife. You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst. For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present. In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough?  Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES. " (1 Corinthians, Chapter 5, NASB, emphasis mine)

From 1 Corinthians Chapter 5 (and I made sure to quote the entire chapter as to remove any possibility of being accused of taking this out of context), we see that we are indeed to "assess" the Church whenever someone is doing something that specifically goes against Scripture.

Also, the final say on any matter is Scripture, not a denomination, pastor, preacher, "prophet" or so on. Charles Spurgeon never raised anyone from the dead, yet his sermons are not discounted. Neither Are Daniel Brainerd's, John Wesley's, Johnathan Edwards' ( October 5, 1703 – March 22, 1758 ) or any of the others who did not perform miracles. As a point of fact, the works that serve an an evidence of Salvation are not "healing the sick" or "raising the dead", but the fruit of the spirit:

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:16-24, NASB)

A major reason the Church today is in trouble is because too much is being allowed under the "no judging" premise, and it is tearing the Church to shreds. From pastors who have had affairs being allowed to continue in the ministry to allowing lesbian "ministers' to lead congregations, the list goes on and it has made the Church more like the world, which Scripture warns against repeatedly.

Another point: Firestormx apologized to you when he made a mistake; he didn't try to justify himself. He has been spot on with his discernment of Scripture, and I do not see anywhere that he has erred on that. He has not demonstrated himself unloving or in any capacity cruel, and I do not believe he is looking to " to look for the weakest and pull them out", but to reach out to those who are falling in their walk with the Lord, as we all should.

As for "whats it to you where they are or are not with Christ": if we turn a blind eye to someone who is having trouble in their walk with the Lord or who is trapped in a habitual sin, are we truly being their brother or sister? As believers, we are to love our brethren, but we are to oppose sin and speak out against it. This doesn't mean castigate someone before the congregation (we are to present it to the Church if they will not repent of it after being confronted first in private and then by two or more believers), but we are supposed to be taking sin seriously...

...after all, it was sin that made it necessary for Jesus Christ to die on the cross.

Amen and thank you