• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

5 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

I'am sorry that you all were offended, of:   God contrasts being filled with the Spirit with being drunk.  I should have used: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+5:18 

No offense taken here, but I have a pretty thick skin so even if offense was intended I wouldn't know it! :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I can write tons about the occurrences of the battles that goes on in the spiritual realm with spirits that come to seduce and temp and try to force their way upon your soul.  This is really the crux of spiritual warfare.  These people who are acting and behaving in those ways, are not faking those things, as the counterfeit spirits can do all kind of things that will just blow your mind away as they are things you have never felt or tasted ever before.  It is almost irresistible, just as the bible say, that if is was possible,even the very elect would be deceived. 

That much i would say and stop.  Just this also.  These are not only in the churches and gatherings, but in the world of trade and commerce as the businessmen of the world would fornicate with her. In time to come these will increase to temp and seduce every man.  read rev. 17 about the woman Mystery Babylon the great.  Your faith will truly be tested then. 

The Holy spirit is to teach you and guide you in your walk as a believer in many things. He is there to encourage you when you are fearful, when the enemy and his host of wicked spirits come to torment, tempt and the rest. In your daily life, he works silently in the background too, doing many things that he knows you need help with.  With the teaching and guidance in time you gain confidence when you know you are not alone when you go to sleep, places and in battle. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

24 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I can write tons about the occurrences of the battles that goes on in the spiritual realm with spirits that come to seduce and temp and try to force their way upon your soul.  This is really the crux of spiritual warfare.  These people who are acting and behaving in those ways, are not faking those things, as the counterfeit spirits can do all kind of things that will just blow your mind away as they are things you have never felt or tasted ever before.  It is almost irresistible, just as the bible say, that if is was possible,even the very elect would be deceived. 

That much i would say and stop.  Just this also.  These are not only in the churches and gatherings, but in the world of trade and commerce as the businessmen of the world would fornicate with her. In time to come these will increase to temp and seduce every man.  read rev. 17 about the woman Mystery Babylon the great.  Your faith will truly be tested then. 

The Holy spirit is to teach you and guide you in your walk as a believer in many things. He is there to encourage you when you are fearful, when the enemy and his host of wicked spirits come to torment, tempt and the rest. In your daily life, he works silently in the background too, doing many things that he knows you need help with.  With the teaching and guidance in time you gain confidence when you know you are not alone when you go to sleep, places and in battle. 

Very powerful.  I like that.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,236
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 12/4/2016 at 3:49 PM, Sister said:

Greetings Walter and Deborah

Greetings Walter and Deborah

I understand what you are saying but something you might want to look into...

To be drunken, is to walk in darkness,... to stagger and vomit. To show one's nakedness.

All scripture referring to drunkenness is depicted in a negative light.

The children of the light are depicted as walking in soberness.  Fully aware of what they are doing.  Awake. Aware. They are never depicted as walking in drunkedness, and there is no such thing as being drunk with the spirit, maybe being drunk with a different contrary spirit, but never the holy spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:8   But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:7   For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:6   Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Greetings Sister, and how are you today? , I have decided to take out about: Being drunk in the spirit, I had looked into and found some none scripture background. And I had replaced it with a new scripture reference in the beginning of the OP.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,236
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 12/5/2016 at 4:19 PM, StanJ said:

I disagree with the author at the above link. Dawson McAllister is parroting a traditionally RT Doctrine. Acts 2:4 shows us what happens when we receive the infilling / baptism of the Holy Spirit.  It was something Jesus told his disciples to wait for and by proxy us as well. This separate experience is identified in several other places in the book of Acts.

Acts 4:31, Acts 8:15-17, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:6.

Indeed what the Holy Spirit does is what Jesus said he would do in John 14:6.  If you read this carefully you will note we are given another advocate  to stay with us on Earth as Jesus was The Advocate that was returning to the father. So we have an advocate on earth as this verse shows us and we have an advocate with the Father in heaven as 1 John 2:1 tells us. 

Hi StanJ, and how are you today? After reading your above post, I found that you are correct, So then! I have taken out that link and replaced it with a reference scripture on: What does The Holy Spirit Do? in The beginning OP.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Greetings Sister, and how are you today? , I have decided to take out about: Being drunk in the spirit, I had looked into and found some none scripture background. And I had replaced it with a new scripture reference in the beginning of the OP.

Hi Walter and Deborah

It's a beautiful morning here, and I am feeling good, ready to take on todays challenges! (housework), the good old fashioned type of exercise! Thanks for asking.

I saw your new scripture in the OP, and that is great.  Bible definitions are always the best.

If you don't mind, I would like to also share one of my favourite scriptures regarding the holy spirit, as I especially love this one;

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Blessings

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/4/2016 at 5:07 PM, Yowm said:

convict us of our sins,

It's actually His revealing of truth that leads to us feeling convicted if we choose not to apply the truth. He's never pointing out our failures but it's our choice not to follow the truth which makes us feel guilty. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 12/4/2016 at 5:07 PM, Yowm said:

I believe He will also enlighten our understanding, convict us of our sins, comfort us when we feel hopeless and strengthen us for His work.

That is exactly what he does.  He is our comforter and He does keep us in check so to speak.  We would be sucked into the world for sure.  Well said Ywom.