IGNORED

Babylon, the Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast Explained.

Revelation Man

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

Yes, I have only been preaching for 25 years......I don't get things in my head, and become stuck on them. On the OP, I stated that I wrote a blog about this, and stated that imho, Rome was the city Mentioned in Rev. 17:18. Then God did a funny thing He likes to do sometimes, He whispered in my ear, Psstt, you know that blog you just wrote ? Well you were WRONG !! And I said, OK, What is the truth Lord, and this is how the Holy Spirit works. Its not about me, my Blog was wrong, SO WHAT...........

How do you know it was God himself and not Lucifer? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,065
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, HexHammer said:

How do you know it was God himself and not Lucifer? 

If you have to ask, it pretty much only proves where you are not at, doesn't it ?

8 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

If you have to ask, it pretty much only proves where you are not at, doesn't it ?

I think it shows that I think rationally, and doesn't take things at face value. Too many serial killers have killed because "God" commanded them! 

10 minutes ago, HexHammer said:

I think it shows that I think rationally, and doesn't take things at face value. Too many serial killers have killed because "God" commanded them! 

No, too many people have heard Satan's voice, if you are a Christian and don't know the difference, something is wrong. Notice, who is disparaging who about their "beliefs" !! That shows an immature Christian. 

2 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

No, too many people have heard Satan's voice, if you are a Christian and don't know the difference, something is wrong. Notice, who is disparaging who about their "beliefs" !! That shows an immature Christian. 

Have you heard Satans or Lucifer's voice? Satan is the Accuser, and Lucifer is the Son of Dawn, the Light Bringer.

Edited by HexHammer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Except, as I challenged someone on another site recently, there is no place in the bible that speaks about a FALSE MESSIAH coming to appear, the bible speaks about a Man of Sin, Beast.........The Anti-Christ he is really never called, and Anti- means against, not like unto. He will demand that all worship him, but Israel will have turned to Jesus/God before that happens, that is why they flee to where Jesus tells them to, the Wilderness, and God protects them. Scriptures says that Elijah will be sent to turn Israel back to God BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD....Which starts at the Abomination of Desolation imho. 

Rev. 16 spells it out clearly. God sees the Nations that come against Israel as Babylon....Rev. 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts(Jerusalem), and the cities of the nations fell:(Anti-Christ/10 Kings are GREAT BABYLON) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Well, there actually is... a Scripture in God's Word given directly by our Lord Jesus about a coming pseudo-Messiah. It's in the Matt.24:23-26 Scripture that I referenced in my previous posts in this thread.

The KJV translation of "false Christs" is from the sole Greek word pseudochristos (from two Greek words pseudo and Christos):

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
KJV

In 1 John 2:18, John spoke of a coming singular "antichrist" and that there were "many antichrists" already at work. It is the same with what Jesus said in His Olivet discourse, as Matt.24:5 He was speaking of 'many' coming in His name saying they are Christ (i.e., the "many antichrists" idea), but in the 23-26 verses above when the AOD is setup, He was speaking of a singular antichrist that the deceived will proclaim as The Christ.

It is the same idea Paul gave in 2 Thess.2 when speaking of the "man of sin". Paul said that false one is to work great signs and lying wonders, and sit in the temple of God (a physical temple in Jerusalem) and proclaim himself as God. Likewise with the "another beast" in Rev.13, John said that false one is to come working great signs, wonders, and miracles in the sight of men, and he is associated with the idea of the false prophet of Rev.16.

Same information Jesus is giving us in Matt.24:23-26 about a singular false one working great signs and wonders that if possible would deceive even His own very elect. Dr. James Strong in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defined Greek pseudochristos as 'a spurious Messiah', so he well understood the Matt.24:23-26 verses Jesus was speaking of a singular false one. The 1800's British scholar E.W. Bullinger capitalized the "He" in Matt.24:26 because of his understanding also that Jesus was speaking of a singular false Messiah the deceived would be saying is Christ.

So yes, we do have Bible evidence that a specific pseudo-Messiah is coming in the last days to play Messiah. The orthodox Jews in Jerusalem will declare him as the Messiah of The Bible.

Edited by Salty

7 hours ago, Ezra said:

What Luther posted -- as a Catholic priest -- is not really relevant, and the focus on indulgences does not indicate anything.  One must look at the whole picture.

The Protestant Reformation was not the first movement that referred to the Pope as the Antichrist. There was a robust Medieval European tradition – from the Waldensians to Wycliffe, and down to the Hussites – that had denounced the Pope in such a radical way. This is why a recent Roman Catholic and Lutheran dialogue in the United States acknowledges this fact: “In calling the pope the ‘antichrist’ the early Lutherans stood in a tradition that reached back into the eleventh century. Not only dissidents and heretics but even saints had called the bishop of Rome the ‘antichrist’ when they wished to castigate his abuse of power”.[1] Even in this case the Reformers were not necessarily innovative but relied on previous strands of thought well attested for in Church history. Here is how John Calvin argued his case against the Papacy.
See more: 
http://evangelicalfocus.com/blogs/133/John_Calvin_and_the_Papacy

Also,

220px-Whore_of_Babylon_1522_Luther_New_T

Whore of Babylon wearing the papal tiara from a woodcut in Luther Bible

Historicist interpreters commonly used the phrase "Whore of Babylon" to refer to the Roman Catholic Church. Reformationwriters from Martin Luther (1483–1546) (who wrote On the Babylonian Captivity of the Church), John Calvin(1509–1564), and John Knox (1510–1572) (who wroteThe First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstruous Regiment of Women) taught this association.[31][32]

Most early Protestant Reformers believed, and the modern Seventh-day Adventist Church teaches, that in Bible prophecy a woman represents a church.[33][34] "I have likened the daughter of Zion To a lovely and delicate woman." (Jeremiah 6:2 nkjv) A harlot, it is argued, is representative of a church that has been unfaithful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_Babylon#Reformation_view

Those among the early Protestants did not rebel against the Roman Church because of some kind of occult association or practice, but because of their abuse of authority in the Church. Likewise in Great Britain, their argument against the Roman Church was its supposed authority over the British Churches.

Propaganda against the RCC by occultists really took off around the 13th-14th centuries when the Roman Church executed one of the major leaders of the Knights Templars, Jacques de Molay, along with others of the Knights Templars, and then disbanding that order. The ones behind delving into occult associations were those Knights Templars. But the origin of Masonry is Jewish, leading back to the pagan workers Solomon borrowed from Tyre to build the first temple in Jerusalem. Today's Masonry even has a youth order within it named after Jacques de Molay in honor of him, and still has a insider order still named the Knights Templars. Masonry hates the RCC, as they were forced to hide their activities for fear of criminal charges in those times down to the 19th century. Adam Weishaupt, who founded the Bavarian Illuminati order, was an orthodox Jew who sought to overthrow the RCC and the European monarchs and governments (as documented in John Robison's 1798 work Proofs Of A Conspiracy).

And still today orthodox Jews propagandize the RCC suggesting it supported Hitler's atrocities against the Jews in WWII. And Masonry still hates the RCC.

If that isn't enough, then there's always the propaganda the Communists put out against the RCC.

And finally, the actual evidence of Bible Scripture in Revelation is pointing to Jerusalem at the end, not Rome, not New York, etc.

8 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Except, as I challenged someone on another site recently, there is no place in the bible that speaks about a FALSE MESSIAH coming to appear, the bible speaks about a Man of Sin, Beast.........The Anti-Christ he is really never called, and Anti- means against, not like unto. He will demand that all worship him, but Israel will have turned to Jesus/God before that happens, that is why they flee to where Jesus tells them to, the Wilderness, and God protects them. Scriptures says that Elijah will be sent to turn Israel back to God BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD....Which starts at the Abomination of Desolation imho. 

Rev. 16 spells it out clearly. God sees the Nations that come against Israel as Babylon....Rev. 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts(Jerusalem), and the cities of the nations fell:(Anti-Christ/10 Kings are GREAT BABYLON) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

You do realize Rev.13 is revealing TWO separate beasts, the first being a kingdom beast and the second being an entity associated with the "dragon"?

In the Greek, anti can mean 'instead of' or 'in place of', not just 'against'. Thus "antichrist" can be translated as 'instead of Christ', and that's what the idea of a pseudo-Messiah is about.

When that pseudo-Messiah shows up in Jerusalem, and places the "abomination of desolation", which is when Jesus told His there to flee to the mountains, the deceived orthodox Jews there will believe that false one is Messiah, and will bow to him as The Christ. This is revealed in parables like blessed are the barren which Jesus gave in Luke 23 to the daughters of Jerusalem, which is actually about being found with child thru spiritual harlotry.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

My comments

Briefly .......

The Lord's view of MBG is comprehensive, from Babel ...... to MBG

Men rebelled against the Lord shortly after the flood and began to build cities, kingdoms, nations, and empires over time

They walked away from His providence and chose to govern themselves without Him

The "woman" "harlot" is used to describe this adultrous condition and today she has a worldwide presence including all of the cities of the nations .... all connected with the same commercial, trading, materialistic, ambitions as described in Revelation 18

And she has a "great city" that serves as a hub for this worldy and distractive adventure today

The Lord's view also includes a specific focus related to 7 particulat kingdoms and He defines them in the visions of the prophets

All of them are Middle Eastern kinddoms largely influenced by Satan [the "god" of this present world], and his beast [Abaddon/Apollyon]

Five of these human kingdoms have fallen [are historical] .... the post flood land of Magog, and the subsequent and larger kingdoms of Assyria, neo-Babylon, Persia, and the northern Seleucid kingdom

The "land" of Magog and his brothers is the first noted and prominent kingdom of the 7 which was displaced by the ancient Assyrians who ruled the Middle East for about 1500 years and then conquered by the next three kingdoms listed above 

The next two, the 6th and 7th, one after the other, are still pending as we speak .... all of the prophet's visions move directly from the 5th to the time of the end still pending

When his 5th assigned kingdom fell, Abaddon was sent to the abyss just before the first century where he cannot interact with human kingdoms

Once the Lord's dispensation of grace still on going is culminated, the time of the end of this present age will come .... the 70th week decreed for Israel the same as the coming tribulation period

Satan will then be allowed to release Abaddon for ruling the Middle East again over his next two human kingdoms which will be located there .... first the 6th smaller, and then the 7th expanded/divided and final kingdom

The human little horn [king] seen in Daniel's visions will rule over both, one after the other

Abaddon will be allowed to fully possess the little horn during the 7th and will become the 8th king himself

This 7th kingdom will have 10 confederated divides [Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia]

Israel is the center piece of this setting surrounded by the Muslim populations of the Middle East

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.0173781,40.3333241,4.18z

If any have questions I will answer

3 hours ago, Salty said:

Well, there actually is... a Scripture in God's Word given directly by our Lord Jesus about a coming pseudo-Messiah. It's in the Matt.24:23-26 Scripture that I referenced in my previous posts in this thread.

The KJV translation of "false Christs" is from the sole Greek word pseudochristos (from two Greek words pseudo and Christos):

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
KJV

As you will notice, it says many false Chists and false prophets not implying a SINGULAR INDIVIDUAL. So I have always assumed this is a warning to the people of Israel in the End Times not to fall for the Rabbis lies when the Two-Witnesses come preaching Jesus as the Messiah, they will do as they have always done, like they did after Jesus was crucified, they tried to bring forth Messiahs to quench the spread of Christianity, and the were successful at keeping the Jewish peoples from becoming Christians for the most part. They will do the same thing when the two-witnesses come forth proclaiming Jesus to be their Messiah/Savior, they will bring forth men to try and fit the bill, hence  false Christs and false prophets. All Rabbis are false prophets in reality.

3 hours ago, Salty said:

In 1 John 2:18, John spoke of a coming singular "antichrist" and that there were "many antichrists" already at work. It is the same with what Jesus said in His Olivet discourse, as Matt.24:5 He was speaking of 'many' coming in His name saying they are Christ (i.e., the "many antichrists" idea), but in the 23-26 verses above when the AOD is setup, He was speaking of a singular antichrist that the deceived will proclaim as The Christ.

John says THAT ANTI-CHRIST shall come, which means he is more or less saying he is against Christ, or against all he stands for, which is why I do not get people saying the Man of Sin/Beast/Little Horn is a false Christ, he would instead be called a fake Christ in the case, not an anti-Christ which implies he stands against everything Christ stands for. And as we see via scriptures, he does just that, he is a murderer, Conqueror of men by force, he defiles the Temple of God with his own Image that he places in the Temple of God, he chases Israel into the wilderness and Beheads Christians, none of his actions are Christ like. Daniel clearly calls him an atheist, he will imho, come to power via the the Liberal anti-God type agenda, with a pro=homosexual, pro abortion, pro environmental type agenda. 

3 hours ago, Salty said:

It is the same idea Paul gave in 2 Thess.2 when speaking of the "man of sin". Paul said that false one is to work great signs and lying wonders, and sit in the temple of God (a physical temple in Jerusalem) and proclaim himself as God. Likewise with the "another beast" in Rev.13, John said that false one is to come working great signs, wonders, and miracles in the sight of men, and he is associated with the idea of the false prophet of Rev.16.

You see we agree that this man is going to claim to be GOD....But he is not going to claim to be the Son of God, he is going to work Miracles, and like L.Ron Hubbard followers and other cultists, these men on earth will serve him, ignorantly, actually thinking he IS GOD, and all of those Christians who died (when they/we were Raptured) were just TOO EVIL, because they/we were all against that which was GOOD and PURE, those Christians WERE BIGOTS against Homosexuals, women's rights, and hated mother earth and were not lovers of the environment, those Christians were EVIL BIGOTS, thus they all died when GOD, THE "REAL GOD" showed up. This is going to be the Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings line, he can not fake being Jesus Christ, he has already come, Jesus Christ must be disparaged as a mere man who loony. The REAL GOD has shown up, don't you men see MY WONDERS and Miracles !!! 

3 hours ago, Salty said:

So yes, we do have Bible evidence that a specific pseudo-Messiah is coming in the last days to play Messiah. The orthodox Jews in Jerusalem will declare him as the Messiah of The Bible.

I don't think this is the case, I think they will try to bring forth bogus Christs like they did in the first century when Elijah starts preaching Jesus Christ is the true Messiah. I do not see anywhere that Israel accepts the Beast as their Messiah however. He forces them into a Peace/Security deal, then turns on Israel, BUT by that time Israel has turned as a Nation back to God, understanding that Jesus is their Messiah, thus Zechariah 12:10 and Zechariah 13:1 are bot fulfilled, then Zechariah chapter 14 will be fulfilled when Jesus returns to the Mt. of Olives, then defeats those Nations that gather against Israel at Meggido.

God Bless