• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

But was that election legitimate? That is what is all over the news right now.

The popular vote doesn't elect the President, the electoral college does. There's been at least 4 times the President was elected and didn't win the popular vote.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, Salty said:

The popular vote doesn't elect the President, the electoral college does. There's been at least 4 times the President was elected and didn't win the popular vote.

Our vote does not elect the President? Why do we vote?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

She showed her tax returns. That cost her. But you have to give her that much. It might have damaged Trump horribly if he would have revealed his tax returns and what he was into.

I know she released her tax returns but I don't know how that would have hurt her campaign.  I don't remember it either hurting or helping anyone really.  Her tax returns were not the problem; she was just the weakest, most scandal ridden candidate the Dems could have nominated.  There were way better people they could have supported, like Jim Webb.  But I believe Hillary got it because of Debbie Wasserman Shultz rigging the process; otherwise Bernie Sanders would have gotten the nomination.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Why wouldn't he reveal his tax returns to the voters? It looks kind of "shady".

Maybe it shows some of the ways he makes money.  If he is fully using the IRS laws for deductions, maybe he just doesn't want the aggravation like the large write off he had to do years ago....  with people twisting every thing he does and the complexity of his returns, I would think it best for him not to give them more to twist than he has to.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

20 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Settlements do not equal guilt. It just is a quick means to end a lawsuit. It happens often in the courts. This frees him from that distraction while running the company. ...

I am going to assume you meant country, not company.  So, why settle this one, which gives the appearance of guilt, and keep going ahead with two more that Trump started against two chefs who changed their mind about being tied to the Trump name after some of the things he said in the campaign?  Will not giving a deposition three weeks before being sworn into office not be a distraction?  

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

13 hours ago, Steve_S said:

.... If you are arguing that trump is wholly incapable of such a thing, that is your prerogative. However, his cabinet picks thus far do not point to a liberal mentality, not in the least, nor do his suggestions for the supreme court. Is it possible that is all smoke and mirrors? Sure. Is there actual evidence of this outside of conjecture? Not at all.

Before this thread went off-track, I was arguing that Trump doesn't seem to have time to do the things a POTUS needs to attend to, such as attending the daily security brief. Yet while he and Pence are taking an extended victory lap in the I-95 corridor, China stole a US drone and Obama threatened to get even with Putin.

So what does Trump have time for?

15 Things Trump Apparently Does—and Does Not—Have Time For

By Kali Holloway/Alter Net/Dec 15, 2016

"There are a finite number of hours in every day, making time the most precious commodity of all. That’s especially true for someone stepping into the role of leading a world superpower. Donald Trump, the guy who won the election, has 1,000 projects he cares deeply about— and 1,001 projects if you also count the presidency. Trump has to find ways to divvy up his time, prioritizing some things and letting others fall by the wayside. There are frivolous issues and issues of national importance, and Trump must choose which ones get his attention...

"Here’s a quick post-election look at the things Trump does have time to do, versus the things he apparently does not....

"13. Does have time to: Go on a 'victory tour' around the country.

"Just after Trump’s win, the New York Times ran a feature that included this: '[Trump’s] aides say he has also expressed interest in continuing to hold the large rallies that were a staple of his candidacy. He likes the instant gratification and adulation that the cheering crowds provide, and his aides are discussing how they might accommodate his demand.' Staffers may have been concerned there wasn’t really much time for those rallies, considering Trump was so unprepared for his job ... But like he has so many times before, Trump cobbled together the hours and minutes, and is currently in the midst of needless 'thank you' tour around the country...

"14. Does not have time to: Attend daily intelligence briefings.

"You do not have to make time for things you already know about, and Trump has said he already knows more than anyone else in the world about the U.S. military, ISIS and 'the horror of nuclear.' This is why Trump doesn’t need to waste time with boring intelligence briefings every day—not when there are tweets to be sent and SNL to be rage-watched. Trump told Christopher Wallace recently that he doesn’t need to hear about the national security situation every day because he’s 'like, a smart person.' Instead, his motto is, 'Call me if something changes.' Which is just a really fantastic attitude for a president to have...."

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Tax returns tell a lot....

Like claimed deductions for political contributions, money from foreign business sources, etc. In short, possible conflicts of interest.

Trump has had 18 months to explain how he plans to extricate himself from hundreds of foreign business interests that can become unprecedented conflicts with America’s own interests.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

7 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Before this thread went off-track, I was arguing that Trump doesn't seem to have time to do the things a POTUS needs to attend to, such as attending the daily security brief. Yet while he and Pence are taking an extended victory lap in the I-95 corridor, China stole a US drone and Obama threatened to get even with Putin.

Still talking about the briefing thing, when its been shown Obama, who currently is president, also does not have time to attend?  

Obama threatened to get even with Putin for making things more transparent, even though no proof has been shown that Russia was involved?  

Who here thinks things would be better to just keep Obama the next four years, advancing all the lawlessness, riots, anti-God-defined-family agenda?

China stole a drone and you find this is something to criticize Trump over?   Surely there must be something substantial to criticize trump over, but this is all you can find?  Trump isn't even president, and he already has more important things to do than worry about china borrowing a drone to inspect.  I'm waiting for something news-worthy to actually criticize Trump over, so far you've failed to find anything.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Our vote does not elect the President? Why do we vote?

Because the United States is not a Democracy, but a Constitutional Republic with the electoral college providing a type of check and balance. The welfare statists which is strongly Democrat, has been trying to overcome that through voter fraud:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/10/12/nyc-election-commissioner-i-think-theres-a-lot-of-voter-fraud-n2230958

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, other one said:

Maybe it shows some of the ways he makes money.  If he is fully using the IRS laws for deductions, maybe he just doesn't want the aggravation like the large write off he had to do years ago....  with people twisting every thing he does and the complexity of his returns, I would think it best for him not to give them more to twist than he has to.

Is some of the ways he makes money what he wants the voters to see?