spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

I've had someone recommend I start a thread on God's goodness and change my focus.  God is incredible and unfathomably good.  If he was a tyrant, I would no longer exist. 

God likes to be thanked and praise.  There is power in thanking and praising him.  If our hearts are ungrateful, we don't receive as much grace.  So be grateful.

I'm grateful he sent his son to die for me, grateful for the gift of faith, grateful i'm in a facility with food, running water, Internet, and hygiene items.  Grateful for my caseworker and other professionals who are helping.   Thank you and praise you God for trials as well.  

What can you thank and praise God for today?

Have yourselves a Merry Christmas!

kk.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

I've had someone recommend I start a thread on God's goodness and change my focus.  God is incredible and unfathomably good.  If he was a tyrant, I would no longer exist. 

God likes to be thanked and praise.  There is power in thanking and praising him.  If our hearts are ungrateful, we don't receive as much grace.  So be grateful.

I'm grateful he sent his son to die for me, grateful for the gift of faith, grateful i'm in a facility with food, running water, Internet, and hygiene items.  Grateful for my caseworker and other professionals who are helping.   Thank you and praise you God for trials as well.  

kk.jpg

I'm overjoyed Spiderman to see you posting this thread , it's always  wonderful  to Praise the Lord, don't you think?

It is Good to Sing Praises to Our God
1Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant and praise is becoming. 2The LORD builds up Jerusalem; He gathers the outcasts of Israel.…Psalm 47:1

I'm so very thankful for our Salvation ,where would we be without the Lord?

Thank you Lord for sending Your Son to earth to die for my sins, thank you for everything You do in my life, I love you ,praise you and adore You!

Psalm 63:3-5 Because your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise you…

Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

147:1-11 Praising God is work that is its own wages. It is comely; it becomes us as reasonable creatures, much more as people in covenant with God. He gathers outcast sinners by His grace, and will bring them into His holy habitation. To those whom God heals with the consolations of his Spirit, He speaks peace, assures them their sins are pardoned. And for this, let others praise Him also. Man's knowledge is soon ended; but God's knowledge is a dept that can never be fathomed. And while He telleth the number of the stars, He condescends to hear the broken-hearted sinner. While he feeds the young ravens, He will not leave His praying people destitute. Clouds look dull and melancholy, yet without them we could have no rain, therefore no fruit. Thus afflictions look black and unpleasant; but from clouds of affliction come showers that make the soul to yield the peaceable fruits of righteousness. The psalmist delights not in things wherein sinners trust and glory; but a serious and suitable regard to God is, in His sight, of very great price. We are not to be in doubt between hope and fear, but to act under the gracious influences of hope and fear united.

Matthew Henry's Commentary

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Absolutely everything!!!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,616
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Absolutely everything, yes. Specifically I am grateful for the opportunity to "see" my grandchild! And be encouraged that all is not gloom and doom in this day, that instead there signs of great hope flourishing all around.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

I am thankful for having a Christian family that love the Lord and have always taught me to trust in and serve the Lord. I am most thankful for my salvation and the price Jesus paid for me on the cross. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways it's hard to mention them all here. He's given me a hunger to learn more about Him everyday and understanding of the things I read. He's also givenme many oppurtunities to serve Him and lead others to Him.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thank You, Father, for changing Spiderman's heart so that he can see Your blessings in his life and the love You have for him.  

Thank You for giving us sons and their families that seek Your Face and have turned from their wicked ways.  Thank Your for saving me, restoring me, saving hubby and making him into a godly man.  I especially thank You for the 53 years we have had together and each new day we awake to.  Without You this would not have been possible.  

Thank You for the beauty of the snow, that we have a warm house, food, clean water, warm clothes.  Thank You  that we can still walk and care for ourselves.  We can still drive.  You give us grace to endure pain and give us hope.  You have been so faithful to us and we are so blessed.  :You have adopted us as Your own and made us a part of Your family, which is so amazing.

Thank You Lord for giving us the grace to endure the hard times, the times of chastening, and the times we have had great need and disappointment.  It didn't always seem like they were times of growth or that we had faith, but afterwards we could see how You have made us stronger in our faith and how you have enabled us to see deeper into your love for others as well as for us.  Thank You for healing the brokenhearted.  You said a bruised reed You will not break.  When life has beat us up, we have Your promises to cling to.  Thank You for your Comforter, Your Spirit, Your peace in the midst of turmoil.  

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!   

Yet, in the maddening maze of things,
  And tossed by storm and flood,
To one fixed trust my spirit clings;
  I know that God is good!

Not mine to look where cherubim         45
  And seraphs may not see,
But nothing can be good in Him
  Which evil is in me.

The wrong that pains my soul below
  I dare not throne above,         50
I know not of His hate,—I know
  His goodness and His love.

I dimly guess from blessings known
  Of greater out of sight,
And, with the chastened Psalmist, own         55
  His judgments too are right.

I long for household voices gone,
  For vanished smiles I long,
But God hath led my dear ones on,
  And He can do no wrong.         60

I know not what the future hath
  Of marvel or surprise,
Assured alone that life and death
  His mercy underlies.

And if my heart and flesh are weak         65
  To bear an untried pain,
The bruisëd reed He will not break,
  But strengthen and sustain.

No offering of my own I have,
  Nor works my faith to prove;         70
I can but give the gifts He gave,
  And plead His love for love.

From The Eternal Goodness by John Greenleaf Whittier. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 2:19 PM, spiderman1917 said:

kk.jpg

I am thankful for you Spiderman1917 that you are in a good place. I praise God for that. I am thankful for my daughter that she lives with me. I am thankful for Jesus great mercy to be and that he always is near. I am thankful for the soon coming of the new heavens and earth that God will make for us where all evil will be gone and goodness will be present. And much more.   Merry Christmas to you Spiderman1917 And i hope its a great one. And the same to everyone else. Praise God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 12/21/2016 at 6:19 PM, spiderman1917 said:

As important as the motive of praise is to know how to praise the Eternal and, especially, who is This whom we are praising.

For this, let us examine the praise of the four living creatures in Revelation 4:7,8.

In general, these living beings appear to lead the twenty-four elders in praise and worship to the Eternal. There is, however, a very important differential: it is these four animals that call the four horsemen of the apocalypse (Rev. 6:1,3,5,7), and it is one of them that delivers to the seven angels the seven bowls of the wrath of the Eternal. (Rev 15.7).

Compare with the praise of the seraphim:

o   "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple." (Isa 6:1).

Here they praised the Lord for His holiness in leading every one of His armies:

o   The army of inanimate things (see Psalms 148.3,4,8);

o   The army of the vessels of wrath (Ha-Satan and his followers – see Rom 9:22-23)

o   The army of the vessels of honor (the angels and the followers of the Eternal);

o   The army of animals and plants (Psalms 148.7,9,10).

The detail is that, even in Isaiah's time, it was possible to see the glory of the Eternal everywhere (see Psalms 33:5; 40:5). Everything depended on having good eyes (see Matt 6.22,23; Luke 11.33-36; Titus 1.15). Even more today that the Eternal is seen as God Almighty!

You may ask: but He was already seen this way! However, there was one thing the Eternal could do, but no one could believe: transforming lives. It was through the proclaimed gospel that this truth became known and more accepted. So much so that now the emphasis of praise is "he that was, and is, and is to come."

In fact, note how this characteristic of Jesus (which was, is and is to come) is greatly emphasized in the apocalypse (Rev. 1:4,8).

You may ask, "But the Eternal is characterized by what He is in the present". Hence He is the "I am" (Exo. 3:14), which implies that He does not change (there is nothing to change, much less reason for it).

But then, what were the living beings praising? The Eternal "was" means that He is the same God of the Law's Testament. And the reason for not saying "and what shall be" is because the Eternal will not be different in the future, let alone reveal a new type of covenant.

Hence He to be exalted again as to His holiness:

The three "saints" here refers to:

o   The Past (which was): the One who showed His mercy (Romans 3.25);

o   The Present (who is): the One who has shown His righteousness in Himself;

o   The Future (to come): The One who will show His majesty.

Detail: holiness is glory covered and glory is the revelation of holiness.

May our praise encourage all creation to praise the Lord and to know Him better.

Edited by Leonardo Von